This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori, Worse than the Goa'uld

This kicks but. I want to know what you all think? I am not much of a Bbrowder fan (as you all have read in my posts) But this sounds good. What a way to bring someone NEW in!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LORD MONK; 15 June 2005, 02:37 PM.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Yeah it sounds great. It's a great idea having SG-1 dispanded at the beginning of the new season (explains where Carter as gone.) I really can't wait see how the new team dynamic works. And it seems that when Carter comes back to the SGC that Ben Browder will be in charge.

As for not being a fan of Mr Browder I really haven't seen him in anything other then The Charlie Angels Story which was a tv movie.

Time will tell if the Orii are worse then the Gou'uld because the writers have said this before and it's never happend. But ya never know.

Comment

Well, they'll be a force to be reckoned with if the Priors are as bad as they sound, what with forcing others to choose between death and 'worshipping' the Orii. Should be interesting to see how destructive they can be, especially as they don't sound like they're made up of huge armies and firepower much the Goa'uld's Jaffa.

Oh, and Browder's a champ. Great personality on Farscape, so I've no doubt he'll fit right in with SG-1.
      THOR: You should feel better momentarily and your memory will slowly return.
      O'NEILL: Teal'c – what's with the hair?

Comment

I wonder how the Jaffa are going to react to the Orii. They just got rid of the Goa'uld's being false gods. Now they have another race saying worship me or else. I think there is a great possibility that a lot of Jaffa are going to die because they would refuse to believe in anything forced upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
          I wonder how the Jaffa are going to react to the Orii. They just got rid of the Goa'uld's being false gods. Now they have another race saying worship me or else. I think there is a great possibility that a lot of Jaffa are going to die because they would refuse to believe in anything forced upon them.
          all the more reason to help the Tar'ri (sp?) fight them.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Warning, rant ahead....

I just hope that the PTB have given more thought to developing the Orii than they did the Goa'uld/Tok'Ra. The histories of - and between - those two groups remain largely unexploited simply because the writers didn't sit down and plot out their full stories. Sure, the Orii may be big, bad, HUGE bad at first, but if they haven't been completely sketched out, and I mean every detail, whether it makes it to the screen or not, then they will inevitably become as namby-pamby as the Goa'uld.

Writers, forget about whether or not you have a next season; write the new baddies as though you have five seasons to develop them in and you'll create sustainable characters.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Yeah I agree. Everytime some bad guy comes they are like "ITS WORSE THAN THE LAST!!!!" It gets old because the gouald are a joke, and the Waith are supposed to be worse, but they also feellike a joke because the writers don't make us care.

I mean honestly are the writers gonig to say "They aren't that bad... bad... but maybe the Waith and Gauld beat them? No, so why is everyone acting like this is so shocking news.

Comment

I'm just annoyed that he used the phrase "bad Ancients". I much prefer the idea of a seperate race that ascended. I don't mind them being on par with the Ancients, but please don't make them Ancients-gone-bad.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I though that was just used to draw a comparasion. Are they in fact ancients gone bad or are did he just say that to help us undestand?
                  302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                    I though that was just used to draw a comparasion. Are they in fact ancients gone bad or are did he just say that to help us undestand?
                    After a good re-read, I realize he's interchanging Ancients and ascended. He does refer to Anubis as half-ancient, even though it's well established that Anubis is a Goa'uld in a half-ascended state. What confused me was the last sentence of that paragraph when he refers to them as a load of bad ancients. Guess that's what I get for reading before I'm fully awake.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I just read the spoilers and it sounds really great. But I am curious about one thing how is this "our fault"? What did we do?
                      We do have a record of making galactic sized messes (seewaking up the Wraith from their 10,000 year nap) I just don't rememeber what we did to piss off the Orii. Can someone clarify that for me?

I like the idea of the Orii. I think I can see where they're coming from with this one. Unlike other religious beliefs we've come across, the Orii's/Priors faith have a heavy basis in fact, which makes them even more powerful.
                      I also love the idea of SG1 having been disbanded. It makes the reorganization of the team much more palatable and plausible.

Can't wait to see it all.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                        I'm just annoyed that he used the phrase "bad Ancients". I much prefer the idea of a seperate race that ascended. I don't mind them being on par with the Ancients, but please don't make them Ancients-gone-bad.
                        Why not? The Ancients are a bunch of arrogant-superior-advanced aliens; the ascended Ancients. It's about time some ascended beings ignore the rules of 'enlightenment'. Thank god.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                        Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                        "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                        My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          I just read the spoilers and it sounds really great. But I am curious about one thing how is this "our fault"? What did we do?
                          "Daniel emphasizes to the Doci that he is an explorer and that he and his people wish to learn more about them and their culture. But the Doci tells him that it is the will of the Ori that they spread their religious message of the path to enlightenment ("Origin"). All who reject the path must be destroyed, by the will of the Ori."

Daniel makes contact with the Ori and their servants, therefore alerting them to the presence of Earth. Now their coming to "convert" Earth. That's how its "our fault".
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

I just can't wait to see it!!!! The writers and directors have a way of making me happy. This hole twist on SC-1 not being active anymore and BB bringing them back together I tnink is going to work out better then if I wrote it. (well almost)

The hole Mythology surrounding King Aurther and the roung table is going to be cool to. I read a post awhile back that was pretty interesting. It stated that the Ancients wanted to go back to Atlantis and fight the Wraith but got caught up in ascention. Thus dividing the two.

You all have brought grate insight and thought to this thread and I thank you!!!
                            Last edited by LORD MONK; 11 June 2005, 12:32 PM.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                              "Daniel emphasizes to the Doci that he is an explorer and that he and his people wish to learn more about them and their culture. But the Doci tells him that it is the will of the Ori that they spread their religious message of the path to enlightenment ("Origin"). All who reject the path must be destroyed, by the will of the Ori."

Daniel makes contact with the Ori and their servants, therefore alerting them to the presence of Earth. Now their coming to "convert" Earth. That's how its "our fault".
                              Way to go Daniel! That was a real Sheppard moment he had there.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                              X