This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Rickman/Professor Snape Appreciation and Thunk Thread

I saw that Hermione/Emma had a thunk thread, so I thought that I would create a thread dedicated to that wonderful potions master, Professor Snape... ...my ALL TIME #1 favorite character from Harry Potter!!
    sigpic

Not so much for "Snape"[haven't really sat down to watch it,though,I should],but definitly Alan Rickman.He can be so adorably evil.Liked him in "Die Hard",but I got a charge out of him in "Robin Hood ,Prince of Thieves".He wanted to cancel Christmas to punish the peasants!It was the way he said it,cracked me up.
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Yay! another who likes Alan Rickman..other than Harry Potter, I love him in Robin Hood and Love Actually!
      sigpic

Comment

Even his voice is sexy.

The guy's got a sense of humor,too.I liked him in "Galaxy Quest",and there was a movie called "Blow Dry"[?]about a hair styling competion in England.
        I really have to rent "Harry Potter"& actually pay attention this time
        nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Yea, I like him in Galaxy Quest too...I want to see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy cuz I heard he does the voice of Marvin in that movie.
          sigpic

Comment

He's such a great actor!!!!! of course he's great in Harry Potter.. but I also loved him in Love Actually (such a good movie!) umm.. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now...

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
            "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
            www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

I’m definitely a Rickman fan…

One that hasn’t been named - Sense & Sensibility.

Robin Hood – the fight scene at the end… very serious but the occasional bit of camp thrown in!

Yep Nugglebucket… that dry droll delivery is wonderful! And the voice… It’s like how I feel about Keifer Sutherland's voice… I could listen to it for hours!

*grins at Potions Mistress* He’s deliciously devilish in the Potter series.
              Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 09 June 2005, 04:55 PM. Reason: I typed Pride & Prejudice... ain't got a clue why I typed that one!!!!!
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Alan Rickman - the most gorgeous voice in films at the moment imo.....Truly Madly Deeply - beautiful film - I shed buckets every time I watch it...

Dee Dee xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                  Even his voice is sexy.

The guy's got a sense of humor,too.I liked him in "Galaxy Quest",and there was a movie called "Blow Dry"[?]about a hair styling competion in England.
                  I really have to rent "Harry Potter"& actually pay attention this time
                  I love 'Blow Dry' Rickman is brilliant in that movie.

Comment

*sighs* I caught Sense and Sensibilty the other day and stopped to watch it because Alan Rickman walked in (on the tv not into my front room!Though I could only hope! ) He's such a versatile actor and just completely mesmerising in whatever he plays. Love Actually is great too as well as Die Hard, Robin Hood POT and of course the Harry Potter movies. He plays the wonderful duality of Snape so beautifully- the teacher who was cruelly taunted as a child but who was liked by Harry's mother who made time for him when others didn't. As much as Snape can be snarky the wonderful realisation that he's one of the good guys in the first book/movie is fabulous and you can't help but look at signs for him softening at some point.

Comment

*sighs* I caught Sense and Sensibilty the other day and stopped to watch it because Alan Rickman walked in (on the tv not into my front room!Though I could only hope! ) He's such a versatile actor and just completely mesmerising in whatever he plays. Love Actually is great too as well as Die Hard, Robin Hood POT and of course the Harry Potter movies. He plays the wonderful duality of Snape so beautifully- the teacher who was cruelly taunted as a child but who was liked by Harry's mother who made time for him when others didn't. As much as Snape can be snarky the wonderful realisation that he's one of the good guys in the first book/movie is fabulous and you can't help but look at signs for him softening at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                        I love 'Blow Dry' Rickman is brilliant in that movie.
                        Oooooh now that's one I didn't know... off to Amazon to see what I can find..

Comment

i liked him as the doctor in Galaxyquest, as the sheriff in robin hood, prince of thieves and in Die Hard! haven't seen love actually or truly madly deeply, also he was good as marvin the paranoid android in hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy!

Comment

Wow! I didn't think that this thread would be popular! Awsome!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                              Oooooh now that's one I didn't know... off to Amazon to see what I can find..
                              It's been on TV a few times,and I hope you get to see it.He was so great in it!
                              nugglebugget

Comment

Working...
                              X