No announcement yet.

what GateWorld looked like years ago-I'm Not kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't go back farther than 2002 for me either, but wow. It's amazing to know all the stuff us fans got from GW way back when, and it's come a long way.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

This is so amazing! I accessed a page from April of 2002 and one of the thread was about Janet / Teal'c fan fic which I just asked about this week on the Teal'c Appreciation thread!

That's just too weird...
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

I've just checked out hotmail and google, they look terrible! Thanks for the link! Its great!

EDIT: I've just noticed, google still had the 'I'm feeling lucky' button!

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Wow! Does that bring back memories. Some good, some not so good.
          sigpic

Comment

that was awesome!!! i hardly remember this site looking like that, but when i looked at it, i was like "o yea, i remember that!"
            Save us from danger, save us from evil
            Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              I just read a section about "30 Things Your Didn't Know You Could Do On The Internet" in PC World, I just got in the mail.
              And there's this site that lets you see what your favorite Sites looked like years ago.
              However, you can only look back to 1996.
              Here's the link:
              find.pcworld.com/48094
              More proof that time travel is possible!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                I'm finding it really entertaining to look back on gateworld and see all the early speculation on Atlantis. I had no idea they were seriously considering having Martouf's symbiot as a character on Atlantis.
                That's odd. Hadn't they already killed his symbiote off at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by mpw
                  That's odd. Hadn't they already killed his symbiote off at that point?
                  Atlantis has been in the works for a long, long time and has undergone several major changes, mainly because SG-1 has continued getting renewed season after season.
                  Rocky

Comment

Wow, it looked quite different 3 years ago - can only get to GW from 2002, tried Starguide but it said the site had been blocked from robots, so I guess it's not archived?

Still see similar stuff in the old design of course. I kind of like the worldwide tv listings and recent forum discussion sections on the homepage though...

Comment

Originally posted by StarGUIDE
                      Who is "Baltimore?" No one, according to writer Joseph Mallozzi! The original Cult Times article (quoted above) misquoted executive producer Brad Wright. "I asked Brad Wright about the Baltimore quote and he denied making it," Mallozzi said. "After reflecting for a few seconds, he realized ... he hadn't said Baltimore at all. Apparently, when asked about Bigger, Badder Goa'uld's identity, he said, 'Let's call him Voldimar (sic?)' -- the name of the villain in the Harry Potter books."
                      Voldy!

hehe, this is fun.

EDIT: Fragile Balance is listed for season 5! "We'll be learning about Jack's teen years (though plans for this episode are on hold for the time being)."
                      Last edited by Angelique; 12 August 2005, 09:28 AM.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

thanx for the link its a great fun site, and GW looked wierd back then... lol
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Thanks for the link. I typed in some of my sites and retrieved the layouts that I lost a while back.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                          Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Thanks for that link! It was fun reading all the old news stories.

Comment

woah. that was weird, but kinda cool.
                              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

omg lol thats SO cool!! i had 2 sites already (they're closed a while ago) and i found them there!! amazing! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X