This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilets in Atlanis

Yes there is another thread with the exact same subject and title but imo it is in the wrong place and belongs here in Science and Tech

So i think the toilets in Atlantis would use some kind of disintegration tech. In other words the Crap would just disintegrate

I don't think the Atlantis team knows how to use the toilets yet, so they just wear diapers. lol.

No, that is a good idea, they could use the same technology that the gate uses to convert waste into energy but not back again then the energy could either be released into the atmosphere, ocean, or it could be utilised by being fed back into Atlantis. The last explination seems the most plausible and logical.

Owen Macri

Comment

It is also possible that Atlantis doesn't have toilets, maybe the Ancients food was so advanced that all of it was absorbed in to the body, hopefully it tasted good too

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
        So i think the toilets in Atlantis would use some kind of disintegration tech. In other words the Crap would just disintegrate
        That makes the most sense if you ask me. The stuff's gotta go somewhere, so instead of polluting Atlantis and the ocean, just make it disappear.

Comment

Send it to the Wraith planet
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
          LANDRY
          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

That is stupid. No offence I am not calling you stupid, and I know that you were joking, but the concept of piling up waste is an incredibly flawed one. I just wrote an extremly long report for school on why it is an incredibly terrible idea. Even if it is a Wraith planet, which would be funny.

Wraith dudes standing around gate

"Dial it up" Says Wraith 1
            Dials gate, fortunalty ours locks first, both wraith walk up to the event horizon thinking that they opended it and then they get a face full off... etc...

Owen Macri

Comment

Maybe the atlantis team brought some portloo's with them or some other portable jacks..... As to disposing of it well i dont know.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Atlantis would have toilets

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  I'm pretty sure Atlantis would have toilets
                  And wouldn't they require the ATA gene? Poor scientists... Always having to ask Rodney to flush the toilet for them...
                  JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                  VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                  MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                  LANDRY
                  : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                  Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                  Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

Actually in the "beds" thread, a good theory has come up, the waste in your body is transported out and left dematerialized, it can then either be reconverted back into matter in a consturctive form. The energy could be released into the atmosphere, or it could be routed into Atlantis' systems to be utilised properly.

Owen Macri

Comment

It is also possible that Atlantis doesn't have toilets, maybe the Ancients food was so advanced that all of it was absorbed in to the body, hopefully it tasted good too
                      Even if that could be achieved with solid matter, urination would still be necessary, as it is a primary form of waste excretion (waste created by cellular metabolism, etc).

I like the dematerialization/disintegration idea. I mean, couldn't you just zat your pile of crap 3 times? Something along those lines.

Poor scientists... Always having to ask Rodney to flush the toilet for them...
                      More like, poor Rodney having to ask Sheppard every time (at least till he got the gene therapy).

Comment

lol, watch Rodneys' gene therapy just suddenly stop working while he is... etc.

Ya, basically you could Zat your... excretions three times.

lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          Ya, basically you could Zat your... excretions three times.

lol.

Owen Macri
                          We've never seen the Zat disintegrate anything, so this sounds like a perfect excuse to try out the Three Shots Rule.

Comment

Hmm

Owen Macri

Comment

Zat something three times in a row, and it disintegrates, right?

Well, they've never actaully Zatted something 3 times in a row, so here's an excuse to try it see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X