No announcement yet.

A Matter of Time (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuity error: If you jump to 37:26 in this episode, you can see Carter "pacing" in the background probably waiting for her next scene. In the shot you see her walk by in the distance wearing just a black top and holding what might be the script in her hands behind her back. At this point in the episode Carter is actually down below preparing the nuke to detination.

Comment

I wouldn't call that a continuity error, but simply bad editing.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

IIRC someone mentioned in one of the Voyager eps in the earlier seasons, there was a similar 'fubar' of editing, where one of the microphone booms accidentally made it into the picture for something like 4-5 seconds..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          IIRC someone mentioned in one of the Voyager eps in the earlier seasons, there was a similar 'fubar' of editing, where one of the microphone booms accidentally made it into the picture for something like 4-5 seconds..
          That could also be a problem of how large the image can be. By which I mean, how much they cut from the top and bottom of the film.

Buffy, The Vampire Slayer has a lot of those fubars.

Comment

Well, we shouldn't forget that people make the films - you can't see everything. You can find misprints in many books even though they have been reread several times - by people and machines!!!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              Well, we shouldn't forget that people make the films - you can't see everything.
              Yes, but a good editor will catch a lot of errors... and there are many people behind a camera, or a in a production team.

Continuity errors are most of times unavoidable since there's only so much material one can use. You just can't do an endless amount of takes or reshoots.

Comment

Cool episode. Continuity aside, this one felt almost cinematic. Great stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  In SGA, "The Ark", there's a scene where somebody left a Snickers bar on one of the consoles and it is seen in that scene. In another, somebody left a water bottle that is also seen.

Comment

Anybody else find this episode terrifying? Black holes are things of my nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                      Anybody else find this episode terrifying? Black holes are things of my nightmares.
                      Yeah, and there are many of them out there but since we cannot do anything to protect Earth we all have to live with them!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                        Chances are, you'll be long gone when one comes even near Earth to swallow us whole.

Also, I find them fascinating.

Comment

They freak me out too, the thought of no control over being dragged in to face some unimaginable fate! That's why that frozen image of the SG team's terror as they look back at it in the sky as they vainly try to get to the gate is so effective. Taps wonderfully into our terror of the idea of a black hole!

Comment

That slow mo scene was certainly great, but what is worse is actually viewing the screen shots the probe sends back.

Ill say it again, the Showtime era of the show was the better better era. There are almost Horror elements present in some episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
                              That slow mo scene was certainly great, but what is worse is actually viewing the screen shots the probe sends back.

Ill say it again, the Showtime era of the show was the better better era. There are almost Horror elements present in some episodes.
                              Yes, you're right. That was an expression of pure horror. There's quite a few SG-1 and Atlantis episodes with horror elements. I think this one and The Defiant One (very Alien-like) from Atlantis are my favorites.

Comment

Wait a minute, A Matter Of Time and The Fifth Race are also out of order on my DVD-set?!

Ah well... anyway... black hole causing havoc on our gate.

I don't remember how I previously felt about this episode, and I'm currently too lazy to look it up but I rather enjoy this story. Plenty of techno-babble and science-babble I understand little from, but not for the lack of trying. I really do enjoy all the food that is used to explain stuff, the apples and donuts. When you're done explaining, you can eat them.

Interesting also to learn more of Jack's past and how Cromwell fits in. Feeling really sorry for SG-10 though. They really pulled the short straw on this one. Lots of good action and some pretty cool scenes.
                                Is this the first time we see Major Davis, cause I really like him too. And good to see Graham again.

How would you rate SG-1's "A Matter of Time"?

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X