No announcement yet.

A Matter of Time (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite YouTube channels made a review of this episode. She is an astrophysicist and explains some of the things incorrect about the science in the episode and some that are correct. She has never seen SG-1, this is the first episode she has watched. So some critiques like asking why its all army guys or character traits are funny for someone who doesn't watch the show. Anyway, I thought it was a fun video and thought some SG-1 fans might enjoy it as much as I did.
    https://youtu.be/jA-DBKQsHp0

Joe

Comment

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does someone knows how this works? We fully don't know, uncertainty is not any better than not knowing! I cannot even process right now what bardAI told me:

The death of a person entering a black hole is a very hypothetical scenario, as no one has ever survived such an event. However, based on our current understanding of physics, we can make some educated guesses about what might happen.
      When a person enters a black hole, they would be stretched and compressed by the immense gravitational forces. This would be an extremely painful and terrifying experience. Eventually, the person would be crushed into a tiny singularity, which is the infinitely dense center of a black hole.
      From the perspective of the person being crushed, the experience would likely last for an eternity. This is because time slows down as you approach the event horizon of a black hole. The event horizon is the point of no return, where escape is impossible.
      So, while the death of a person entering a black hole would be extremely unpleasant, it would also be incredibly long. From the person's point of view, they would be conscious for an eternity, trapped in a state of extreme pain and suffering.
      The perception of time is a complex phenomenon that is not fully understood. However, there is evidence to suggest that the brain plays a role in shaping our perception of time. For example, our perception of time can be influenced by our emotions, our attention, and our expectations.

In the case of someone falling into a black hole, the extreme gravitational forces would likely have a profound impact on their brain function. As a result, it is possible that their perception of time would be severely distorted. They might experience the event as happening in slow motion or even as if it were never-ending.

It is also possible that the brain would be unable to process pain in the same way when subjected to the extreme conditions of a black hole. This is because pain is a complex experience that is influenced by a number of factors, including our perception of time.

Ultimately, the question of how someone would experience death by black hole is a matter of speculation. However, the evidence suggests that their perception of time and pain would be dramatically altered.
      ​​
      Does someone know whether or not this is true? That is unfathomable suffering, that is HELL!

Comment

Working...
      X