• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderful vid tame
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      BB I have al;reay GUSHED over on LJ...but GIRL!!!! this was just AWESOME!!! So emotional and powerful... I am so impressed and it is YOUR FIRST!! WOW!!!! I am in awe....just leave my vids up on the internet girl...you don't need to watch...You are making ones that are just FANTASTIC!!!!
      Thanks for the compliments.

That actually was my third vid, I've got two stargate ones already (one when I watch I really want to redo), that was just my first BSG one. But I'm glad people like it.

And for all those who vid with Windows Movie Maker, I salute you. I usually use Premiere Pro, but for my Atlantis one I'm using WMM and it's frustrating. They expect you to edit your video linearly? Or maybe I just haven't figured out how to use it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
        wonderful vid tame
        Thanks CKO! I really appreciate you watching
        .....I know it is a chore to have to stare at Lee for hours....but *sigh*.... I will keep doing it as long as we need it
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Thanks for the compliments.

That actually was my third vid, I've got two stargate ones already (one when I watch I really want to redo), that was just my first BSG one. But I'm glad people like it.

And for all those who vid with Windows Movie Maker, I salute you. I usually use Premiere Pro, but for my Atlantis one I'm using WMM and it's frustrating. They expect you to edit your video linearly? Or maybe I just haven't figured out how to use it properly.
          ahhh well even as your third it is still awesome...

I use Sonic Foundry Vegas 4.0, it is a pretty cool program. I am still learning it so I hope to get better as time goes on...hopefully BSG will be around long enough for me to do that
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

ahhh well even as your third it is still awesome...

I use Sonic Foundry Vegas 4.0, it is a pretty cool program. I am still learning it so I hope to get better as time goes on...hopefully BSG will be around long enough for me to do that
            Does it allow you to import Divx files? Premiere Pro doesn't (or I haven't found an easy way yet).

We're all just learning (I didn't start until about March/April this year), but I have a feeling BSG will be around for some time yet.

Comment

I used to use Windows Movie Maker, but now I think of it as EVIL!

I use Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus. Video overlays and scanlines and yadda yadda are so cool! I can even use AVIs (though I have to change the frame rate to 29.97 and then slow the clip down to .80)

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                Does it allow you to import Divx files? Premiere Pro doesn't (or I haven't found an easy way yet).

We're all just learning (I didn't start until about March/April this year), but I have a feeling BSG will be around for some time yet.
                I haven't had any problem bringing in any files that I have selected...if I am not mistaken the vast majority of my clips are Divx...I will have to look when I get home and be sure it isn't just a few.

I have really been happy with Sonic Foundry so far...but I hear alot of great things about both programs that you and MM are talking about.... so I think it is just a matter of learning and then whatever you feel the most comfortable with. AND if you get a new program finding someone who is willing to spend the time teaching you all the cool things about it

Comment

I have really been happy with Sonic Foundry so far...but I hear alot of great things about both programs that you and MM are talking about.... so I think it is just a matter of learning and then whatever you feel the most comfortable with. AND if you get a new program finding someone who is willing to spend the time teaching you all the cool things about it
                  Pinnacle is awesome. The basic Pinnacle Studio 9 doesn't really have that much. It has speed adjustment and some color effects and what not. If you get the upgrade to Studio 9 Plus (or Studio Plus 9, whatever it's actually called) you can have video overlays, zooming in, and you can also get negative, flip horizontal, flip vertical, backwards, scanlines, a bunch of other stuff too.

It mainly lets you only use MPEG files. If you use AVIs and MPEGs together, you have to change the framerate for the AVI files to be the same as the MPEG files.

I have everything mainly in MPEG format (except for Alias Season 4 and Veronica Mars) so it isn't a problem. I really like MPEG format.

And if also lets you save as WMV, RM, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI or you can burn it to a CD/DVD, or if you have TV-Out you can also make it go to a VHS.

Really nifty, and really fun to use. You can have the project as 4:3 (fullscreen) or 16:9 (widescreen). If you have something that's widescreen but recorded as fullscreen with that bars at the bottom and top you can stretch is out to make it all widescreen.

That's what I've been doing with my Angel vids and Alias vid(s) lately.

And if you don't know how to do that or don't want to do that, if you're zooming in a clip you can make it stay within the frame and not go over the bars so it won't ruin the widescreen bit.

Some people don't seem to like Pinnacle. They have some problems with it. I really haven't had any really big problems with it. Sometimes it likes to go a little slow or not let me save as WMV format, but it's not that hard to fix really.

At the Kawoosh forum (http://kawoosh.co.uk/forum) I'm actually the 'Pinnacle Master' lol. Lots of people there use Pinnacle Studio 9 or some other form of Pinnacle. But I think I'm the only one who got the upgrade.

I find that Pinnacle is a really good program and I love it. There are somethings that you can do in other programs (ie Adobe Premiere) that you can't do in Pinnacle, but I don't mind. I love what I have.

I could uh... tell ya some vids I've made to show you examples of that kind of stuff

... I'm going on and on now lol.

Edit: At the Kawoosh forum someone once asked if I worked for Pinnacle... I'm pimping them out enough lol.
                  Last edited by MartoufMarty; 10 June 2005, 07:26 AM.

Comment

LOL..MM

I don't think I am ready yet to do all of that stuff.......YET.........but at least I know I can come holler here and have some questions asnswered ...

Maybe you should have some perk from Pinnacle ...tell them you need free upgrades for life since you are such a good spokesperson

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      I used to use Windows Movie Maker, but now I think of it as EVIL!
                      IT IS EVIL... TOTALLY!

I use Editstudeo 2 its not the best but compared to WMM its a saint, never ever freezes up and if it does for a second it fixes its self and doesn't crash.
                      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

LOL..MM

I don't think I am ready yet to do all of that stuff.......YET.........but at least I know I can come holler here and have some questions asnswered ...

Maybe you should have some perk from Pinnacle ...tell them you need free upgrades for life since you are such a good spokesperson
                        I'm usually a quiet person but I can talk/type alot when I have something to talk/type about!

I should get free updates for life... How many people have I turned to Pinnacle? I wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                          IT IS EVIL... TOTALLY!

I use Editstudeo 2 its not the best but compared to WMM its a saint, never ever freezes up and if it does for a second it fixes its self and doesn't crash.
                          If you're a newbie to vidding, it's a good start, but if you really want to make REALLY good videos, WMM is just... not right lol.

I was stuck using Windows Movie Maker for about... well, almost two years or so. Then there was Pinnacle... Whoohoo!

My one TV Tuner came with an ATI version of Pinnacle. I used it, loved it, and then my parents got me Pinnacle Studio 9 for my birthday

I would make just LOTR vids with Pinnacle because I had all my SG-1 episodes and that in WMV format and I couldn't use them.

So I used WMM and Pinnacle but for different fandoms. Finally, I started making Angel vids in Pinnacle, and I have not looked back at Windows Movie Maker lol.

Edit: Okay, I think I'm just gonna keep on posting for a while, I just love my signature graphic... Sorry lol...

Comment

If you're a newbie to vidding, it's a good start, but if you really want to make REALLY good videos, WMM is just... not right lol.
                            that’s why I wanted a different program... I wanted to be a good vidder LOL don't know how well thats working out for me... I’ll probably get Vegas 5 eventually, or upgrade the one I have.

Edit: Okay, I think I'm just gonna keep on posting for a while, I just love my signature graphic... Sorry lol...
                            Yes, Lauren was cool

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                              Yes, Lauren was cool
                              She was! I was actually sad when she got killed

Her and Sark were GREAT together!

I don't see why some people didn't like her

Comment

She was! I was actually sad when she got killed

Her and Sark were GREAT together!

I don't see why some people didn't like her

I was SUCH a Sark/Lauren shipper... I wasn't being sarcastic lol. I just didn't like the "why don't you trust me despite always being evil and sleeping with Sark all through our marriage" routine… when characters do that *coughEVEcough* it bugs me.

Comment

Working...
                                X