Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Default Re: BSG Fanart and Music Videos

Quote Originally Posted by TameFarrar
    LOL..MM

I don't think I am ready yet to do all of that stuff.......YET.........but at least I know I can come holler here and have some questions asnswered ...

Maybe you should have some perk from Pinnacle ...tell them you need free upgrades for life since you are such a good spokesperson
    I'm usually a quiet person but I can talk/type alot when I have something to talk/type about!

I should get free updates for life... How many people have I turned to Pinnacle? I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Vala
    IT IS EVIL... TOTALLY!

I use Editstudeo 2 its not the best but compared to WMM its a saint, never ever freezes up and if it does for a second it fixes its self and doesn't crash.
    If you're a newbie to vidding, it's a good start, but if you really want to make REALLY good videos, WMM is just... not right lol.

I was stuck using Windows Movie Maker for about... well, almost two years or so. Then there was Pinnacle... Whoohoo!

My one TV Tuner came with an ATI version of Pinnacle. I used it, loved it, and then my parents got me Pinnacle Studio 9 for my birthday

I would make just LOTR vids with Pinnacle because I had all my SG-1 episodes and that in WMV format and I couldn't use them.

So I used WMM and Pinnacle but for different fandoms. Finally, I started making Angel vids in Pinnacle, and I have not looked back at Windows Movie Maker lol.

Edit: Okay, I think I'm just gonna keep on posting for a while, I just love my signature graphic... Sorry lol...

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    If you're a newbie to vidding, it's a good start, but if you really want to make REALLY good videos, WMM is just... not right lol.
    that’s why I wanted a different program... I wanted to be a good vidder LOL don't know how well thats working out for me... I’ll probably get Vegas 5 eventually, or upgrade the one I have.

Edit: Okay, I think I'm just gonna keep on posting for a while, I just love my signature graphic... Sorry lol...
    Yes, Lauren was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vala
    Yes, Lauren was cool
    She was! I was actually sad when she got killed

Her and Sark were GREAT together!

I don't see why some people didn't like her

I was SUCH a Sark/Lauren shipper... I wasn't being sarcastic lol. I just didn't like the "why don't you trust me despite always being evil and sleeping with Sark all through our marriage" routine… when characters do that *coughEVEcough* it bugs me.

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

Probably it was just the Vaughan/Sydney shippers who will always see her as the obstacle in the path of twu wuv.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    Probably it was just the Vaughan/Sydney shippers who will always see her as the obstacle in the path of twu wuv.
    She was sleeping and working with Sark! She was part of the Covanent! You'd think that maybe they would... like her being evil!

Hey, this is a BSG thread!

Maybe we should move this over to the Alias thread

Nudging this thread back to life and in the right direction, I made another vid. It's to add to all the other Staind songs that have already been vidded to. I guess it's a good thing that I only know three Staind songs.

The song is to Staind's Outside, couldn't get the plot bunny to stop pestering so I relented. It was finished at like 2 am in the morning (it's 4:30 now) so I might go back and change a couple of things after I see it in the light of day. There's something about finishing a vid that keeps me awake.

Song: Outside by Staind
    Spoilers: Up to Kobol's Last Gleaming II
    Description: The Cylons and their various human attachments.
    Format: .wmv
    Size: 8.46 mb

As always any comments would be good.

Tame Farrar, I finally downloaded your two BSG vids, someone mentioned it in the thunk thread already but I loved your timing with the Lee eyebrow, and all the various shots of him half nekkid.
    Last edited by Blue Banrigh; June 19th, 2005 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Changed two scenes in the vid

I downloaded it, but I'll have to watch it later. We're babysitting a couple kids right now and then I have to go study for Chemistry. I'll watch it tonight later

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Nudging this thread back to life and in the right direction, I made another vid. It's to add to all the other Staind songs that have already been vidded to. I guess it's a good thing that I only know three Staind songs.

The song is to Staind's Outside, couldn't get the plot bunny to stop pestering so I relented. It was finished at like 2 am in the morning (it's 4:30 now) so I might go back and change a couple of things after I see it in the light of day. There's something about finishing a vid that keeps me awake.

That had some powerful moments in it!! I really liked how you showed the cylons in different emotional states... really went with the song. Good Job!!

And since I like Staind as well THAT is always a good choice
    Tame Farrar, I finally downloaded your two BSG vids, someone mentioned it in the thunk thread already but I loved your timing with the Lee eyebrow, and all the various shots of him half nekkid.
    Two???? mmmm I have only made the one *Froo Froo* vid ...LOL I loved the Eyebrow...I have been trying to find a place to use that because it makes me laugh so much Thank you very much for watching ... I had alot of fun just making that one. I only posted it in the *Thunk Thread* because I figured it wouldn't be something to many people would be interested in if they didn't think Jamie Bamber was a Hottie
    But all the vids I have made so far are on that same website... so feel free to send me ANY suggestions or feedback on any of them... I am really new at this video stuff and I welcome any help.

I will say if you hate the vid just shut it off and don't tell me... I am still too new at this and you would crush me if you just wrote me and said I hate your vids

If you are talking about the *Too Sexy for myself* vid that is Lola's and it was just too funny as well
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

I downloaded the Lee one (Gettin hot in here) and the Staind one.

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

I downloaded the Lee one (Gettin hot in here) and the Staind one.
    ahhh Thank you for watching those
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

I watched it before I went off to study.

That was really cool. Love it.

I'll have to watch it again in a bit lol.

Cool song, good vid!

Thanks for all the comments, you know I just noticed what I forgot, credits... ah, I'll fix it later.

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Thanks for all the comments, you know I just noticed what I forgot, credits... ah, I'll fix it later.
    LOL..I saw that and figured you would fix it later.... I did that on one of the vids and never realized it until I actually watched it myself and by then it had been up a little while...

But I figured most already knew I didn't sing the song or act in the vid...LOL so I had time..

Again BB I am really enjoying your stuff

Hey talented folks. Does anyone know how to rip either sections of vid or to make caps from a DVD (I have the UK version of season 1)?

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

I use Power DVD to make caps and I use movie maker to make clips of the episodes

Thanks Tame! I will check those out.

New siggy I made, but didn't turn out quite how I wanted it...suggestions? Should I take out text? Or is it my background that isn't working? Bahh.

Quote Originally Posted by fair_nymph
    Thanks Tame! I will check those out.

New siggy I made, but didn't turn out quite how I wanted it...suggestions? Should I take out text? Or is it my background that isn't working? Bahh.

I think the text is fine, as is the background. Perhaps it would work better if you dial back the background (use it more as texture) and blend the foreground more (to get more of a smooth transition).

If you are using Photoshop, a good way to blend images is using the magnetic lasso, then feather the selection then using a mask. After that you go in with a brush set to a low opacity.

Last edited by Blue Banrigh; June 21st, 2005 at 10:37 AM.