The Beds In Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beds In Atlantis

I was watching a commercial for sleep number beds and i was, struck with an idea, wouldn’t the beds in Atlantis be super comfy and use some kinda anti grave tech or something

Probably but then again, the Ancients may have used some good old fashioned beds, too.

But I'm willing to bet the Ancients had devised some really nice beds, since mattresses and box springs would be "way to primitive" to the Ancients.

Comment

The beds that we saw in The Gift don't look that advanced. Being the ancients I would have thoght more, the Tollan have sleeping platforms which automatically adjust to their body temperatue and they aren't nearl as advanced as the Ancients.

Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

The problem with this is that what are the chances that two races would develop beds the same way? Very low, however it is possible that the Ancients built them first and then told us how.

As for the Tollan sleeping platforms, maybe the Ancients just preffered a nice comfy blanket.

Owen Macri

Comment

No offence intended, but with the wraith running around, ZPM`s to produce, time travel ships, stargates, site to site transporters, and a REALLY BIG city to run, i think beds are right at the bottom of the agenda. i expect the are the same as ours

Help!
          My emojournal

Comment

I think I would have to agree, and I think that they might have simply liked sleeping in warm comfy beds with blankets, compared to a hard metal platform or something like that.

Now a better question, where are the Toilets?

The chance that the Ancients would have the same toilets as us is incredibly miniscule, the producers need to come up with a new kind of toilet, and if indeed, the toilets are diffrent, why has no one mentioned it.

Owen Macri

Comment

perhap the anceint like old fashioned beds with pillows but the rooms were advanced ( could adjust to body's etc) or the power isnt enough for the city to show its full potential and make us food on command and always comfortable.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

You'd think they'd have waterbeds or something

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

When did they show the Tollan sleeping platform?

I always thought the beds in the infirmary had more going for them. The mattress is thin, but it looks like they have panel openings or compartments underneath.

Comment

You'd think they'd have waterbeds or something
                    They live on an ocean!

Owen Macri

Comment

I can't believe we're actually having a conversation on what kind of beds they have in atlantis.

I wonder when they'll discover the swimming pool.

Comment

They live on an ocean!

Owen Macri

Comment

But who knows what could be in the ocean. Or as the little elephant in Tarzan said "Is this water sanitary? It looks questionable to me!"

I live near enough to the beach, but still prefer swimming in a pool.

Comment

No, you are right, there is a diffrence between swimming in a pool and the ocean. It is possible that we just haven't found it yet, or they didn't like or know how to swim.

Owen Macri

Comment

Not to mention they were submerged for the better part of the war, if they went swimming in the ocean they'd probably be squished by the pressure or become Wraith target practices.

I'm hoping they haven't found it yet. Swimming is theraputic and I'm sure people as smart as the ancients would have figured that out. Though how they'd fit a swimming pool subplot plausibly into a storyline might be a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                              X