Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    447

    Default What's up with X-men 3?

    This movie just seems like it is cursed. First Bryan Singer Leaves, then Vaughn leaves......and people over at IMDb are complaining about Kelsey Grammer as Beast and the actor up for Juggernaut. With filming set to begin in 2 months........i just dont see how they can pull it all together so quickly. Will this wonderful story (Dark Phoenix) ever be seen on the big screen? When do you think?

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant Sci-Fi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lost in the Neutral Zone
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Vaughn left after looking at the shooting schedule that would have required him to move his family for at least a year and he didn't want to do that. John Moore and Brett Ratner are the leading candidates to direct the movie. There is still 9 weeks before filming, so expect a decision soon. Vinnie Jones is taking on Juggernaut, with Lost star Maggie Grace in talks for the role of Kitty Pryde. They are still casting the Angel role.

    Presently I am reserving judgement on Kelsey Grammer as "Beast" until his on-screen performance can be seen. A lot of Batman fans weren't thrilled about Danny DeVito playing the Penguin either, but who knows, maybe Grammer can make the Beast role memorable, or could end up being trashed by x-men fans, or being seen as somewhere in-between. If he camps it up like Jack Nicholson did with the Joker but keeps to the character fans have come to know, then it should be ok. Bad guys should be seen as having a big ego, having a lot of fun in their own way, as well as being sinister. Fans question Grammer's acting range, so this is his big chance to prove the skeptics wrong.

  3. #3
    Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Menegroth, Doriath
    Posts
    4,444

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Well, i can careless who is directing the movie, i just care if the movie's story will be good, and how they introduce and use the new characters they are bringing in. If they are just introducing them just for 'show', its just a waste of time, i rather see the core group then, which i hardly saw in the last movie?!

    Hmm... Kelsey Grammer? Frasier?!

  4. #4
    Colonel the Fifth Race's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, home of Starfleet & World Champions
    Posts
    5,494

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Kelsey Grammer would make a great 'Beast'!....He is a wonderful actor that can play the serious to silly without a hitch.

    Is Wolverine and all the other regulars cast in this movie?

  5. #5
    Major Hatcheter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    Well, i can careless who is directing the movie, i just care if the movie's story will be good, and how they introduce and use the new characters they are bringing in. If they are just introducing them just for 'show', its just a waste of time, i rather see the core group then, which i hardly saw in the last movie?!

    Hmm... Kelsey Grammer? Frasier?!
    Here's what Aintitcoolnews has to say about X3:

    And Avi Arad wasn’t kidding when he called the film “controversial,” either. Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die. Really dead, too. Not Spock Dead. And one mutant who should not lose her powers, loses her powers permanently. Really loses them, too. Not SUPERMAN II loses them. And the sex scene... when you see who does what to who... oh, boy. The entire X-MEN universe may face some incredible overhauls, and it's going to be fascinating to see what fandom does when faced with this stuff.

    Reportedly, the actors are all crazy about the script, and expect it to be better than the first two flicks.

  6. #6
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    447

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    So, it is still on for a May 2006 release?

  7. #7
    Major Hatcheter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    They're still saying filming starts in nine weeks.

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Serenity, class code: Firefly
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    I admit I'm worried. I wasn't thrilled about the Kelsey Grammar casting news, but that's also partly cos I was hoping they'd let Steve Bacic reprise the role (I know, it wasn't likely). Has it been confirmed they're actually doing the Dark Phoenix storyline? Aintitcool annoyed me too much so I don't go there often anymore. (shrug) I started worrying when Bryan Singer left, he was the heart of the 1st 2 films...
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

    Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

    River: My food is problematic.

    http://img102.echo.cx/img102/2473/kodama29vo7sm.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ner2_copy6.jpg

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Colonel Osiris-RA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Over There.
    Posts
    3,346

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Did someone say Kelsey Grammer as The Beast? As in the big blue guy with teh glasses? Well ... The pompous attitude might work ... I can't digest it well, I'm sorry, I'll have to see it meself.

    What I'm pissed about is how teeny Storm's role was in the first one. My god, she's the most important most powerful character in X-men! The rank of importantness goes like this, The Prof, Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, that guy with the eye condition who's name I always forget, Beast, Rogue and so on and so forth. Plus, I believe Wolverine and Storm had a thing together. (ew, ooh la la )I hope this time around they play Storm's character a little more true to the story. I hate to see my favorite stuarday morning cartoon jacked up beyond recognition.

  10. #10

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-RA
    Did someone say Kelsey Grammer as The Beast? As in the big blue guy with teh glasses? Well ... The pompous attitude might work ... I can't digest it well, I'm sorry, I'll have to see it meself.

    What I'm pissed about is how teeny Storm's role was in the first one. My god, she's the most important most powerful character in X-men! The rank of importantness goes like this, The Prof, Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, that guy with the eye condition who's name I always forget, Beast, Rogue and so on and so forth. Plus, I believe Wolverine and Storm had a thing together. (ew, ooh la la )I hope this time around they play Storm's character a little more true to the story. I hate to see my favorite stuarday morning cartoon jacked up beyond recognition.
    Umm, are you aware you just said storm was most important, then rated the professor over her?
    I agree btw, I think she comes after the professor, Jean and possibly Cyclops.
    But we could argue it all day and not come ot a resoulotion

  11. #11
    Lieutenant Colonel Osiris-RA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Over There.
    Posts
    3,346

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Well, the prof has to go first because ... well, he [/I]is[/I] the proffesor, but there's no way she comes after Cyclops or Jean, both of whom can be quite uncontrolled and incompetant. I remember when Rogue had to absorb her powers because she was being mind controlled by some baddie or another, even Rogue with her power absorbtion couldn't hold all that power. Whoa.

  12. #12
    Carson’s Wrestling Mat yaaayoubetcha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9892

    an update on an actual director....maybe one that will stick around.

    fox/marvel says budget and script are set.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

    my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

  13. #13
    Carson’s Wrestling Mat yaaayoubetcha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Storm became truly important in the comics when the professor and cyclops were gone.

    Her character really came into her own not only when she lost her powers but when she had to lead the X-Men. That was a great bit of writing.

    In the movies however, her character has little relevance as they have, as yet, done very little in the way of story to let her show her true powers.

    I've not heard that Halley Berry has actually signed for sure. I understand she's still holding out because she wants Storm to be written better.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

    my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

  14. #14
    Major Crazedwraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by walter_MacChevron
    This movie just seems like it is cursed. First Bryan Singer Leaves, then Vaughn leaves......and people over at IMDb are complaining about Kelsey Grammer as Beast and the actor up for Juggernaut. With filming set to begin in 2 months........i just dont see how they can pull it all together so quickly. Will this wonderful story (Dark Phoenix) ever be seen on the big screen? When do you think?
    I'm pretty sure it's been stated X3 wil lot be Dark Pheonix despite the obvious set up in X2. I just can't remembr where.

    Banner By JME2

  15. #15
    Airman Kangmerhah's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    where the red jello grows *hint hint*
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaayoubetcha
    Storm became truly important in the comics when the professor and cyclops were gone.

    Her character really came into her own not only when she lost her powers but when she had to lead the X-Men. That was a great bit of writing.
    You're kidding?! They did that to Storm?? That sucks, dude! I never really read the comic version, just watched the TV version. I didn't know she lost her powers. That's dog. I never knew the proff and cyclops left ... seems strange, I mean, they MAKE the X-men - well the proff anyway.
    "Why do they give us green, my precious, my love.... why?! when we wants RED"

  16. #16
    Lieutenant Colonel Osiris-RA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Over There.
    Posts
    3,346

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangmerhah
    You're kidding?! They did that to Storm?? That sucks, dude! I never really read the comic version, just watched the TV version. I didn't know she lost her powers. That's dog. I never knew the proff and cyclops left ... seems strange, I mean, they MAKE the X-men - well the proff anyway.
    Definitly. I never read the comics either. That's dumb that they'd make her lose her powers. She has the most powers of any X-man, even the Professor!

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Menegroth, Doriath
    Posts
    4,444

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    I've always thought Storm should have been 'the leader' of the x-men instead of Cyclops, but i guess i rather have Cyclops be 'the leader' since yah, his attitude is sometimes just so annoying and to serious, its just annoying.

  18. #18
    First Lieutenant twiggy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    i don't personally like Halle Berry as Storm, even though i love Storm.

    and cyclops is a cutey .

    and i totally saw Wolverine and Storm having a thing for each other, at least in the first movie. but then the blue guy had to ruin it all!
    Save us from danger, save us from evil
    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

  19. #19
    Major General BruTak's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Location
    4077th M*A*S*H
    Posts
    11,579

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    So, former England football (soccer) player Vinnie Jones in gonna play the Juggernaught, is he?

    It makes sense, if you think about it. We have Patrick Stewart (a gentleman) playing one of the most powerful mutants on Earth, and we'll have Vinnie Jones (a thug) playing his half-brother.

    Would one of you kind people please explain to me just what in the name of the Sweet Chocolate Christ Grant Morrison has done to the X-Men comics? Words of one sylable or less, please...

    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

    Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

  20. #20
    Major DownFallAngel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    [Purgatory.]
    Posts
    2,884

    Default Re: What's up with X-men 3?

    The teaser poster has been released.

    http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3143

    Not to mention a good chunk of the script.

    http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20443

    MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE SCRIPT.
    http://meteorxl.com/images/Mach/RA2.jpg
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •