This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with X-men 3?

This movie just seems like it is cursed. First Bryan Singer Leaves, then Vaughn leaves......and people over at IMDb are complaining about Kelsey Grammer as Beast and the actor up for Juggernaut. With filming set to begin in 2 months........i just dont see how they can pull it all together so quickly. Will this wonderful story (Dark Phoenix) ever be seen on the big screen? When do you think?

Vaughn left after looking at the shooting schedule that would have required him to move his family for at least a year and he didn't want to do that. John Moore and Brett Ratner are the leading candidates to direct the movie. There is still 9 weeks before filming, so expect a decision soon. Vinnie Jones is taking on Juggernaut, with Lost star Maggie Grace in talks for the role of Kitty Pryde. They are still casting the Angel role.

Presently I am reserving judgement on Kelsey Grammer as "Beast" until his on-screen performance can be seen. A lot of Batman fans weren't thrilled about Danny DeVito playing the Penguin either, but who knows, maybe Grammer can make the Beast role memorable, or could end up being trashed by x-men fans, or being seen as somewhere in-between. If he camps it up like Jack Nicholson did with the Joker but keeps to the character fans have come to know, then it should be ok. Bad guys should be seen as having a big ego, having a lot of fun in their own way, as well as being sinister. Fans question Grammer's acting range, so this is his big chance to prove the skeptics wrong.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Well, i can careless who is directing the movie, i just care if the movie's story will be good, and how they introduce and use the new characters they are bringing in. If they are just introducing them just for 'show', its just a waste of time, i rather see the core group then, which i hardly saw in the last movie?!

Hmm... Kelsey Grammer? Frasier?!
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Kelsey Grammer would make a great 'Beast'!....He is a wonderful actor that can play the serious to silly without a hitch.

Is Wolverine and all the other regulars cast in this movie?
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
          Well, i can careless who is directing the movie, i just care if the movie's story will be good, and how they introduce and use the new characters they are bringing in. If they are just introducing them just for 'show', its just a waste of time, i rather see the core group then, which i hardly saw in the last movie?!

Hmm... Kelsey Grammer? Frasier?!
          Here's what Aintitcoolnews has to say about X3:

And Avi Arad wasn’t kidding when he called the film “controversial,” either. Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die. Really dead, too. Not Spock Dead. And one mutant who should not lose her powers, loses her powers permanently. Really loses them, too. Not SUPERMAN II loses them. And the sex scene... when you see who does what to who... oh, boy. The entire X-MEN universe may face some incredible overhauls, and it's going to be fascinating to see what fandom does when faced with this stuff.

Reportedly, the actors are all crazy about the script, and expect it to be better than the first two flicks.

a time to mourn

Comment

So, it is still on for a May 2006 release?

Comment

They're still saying filming starts in nine weeks.

a time to mourn

Comment

I admit I'm worried. I wasn't thrilled about the Kelsey Grammar casting news, but that's also partly cos I was hoping they'd let Steve Bacic reprise the role (I know, it wasn't likely). Has it been confirmed they're actually doing the Dark Phoenix storyline? Aintitcool annoyed me too much so I don't go there often anymore. (shrug) I started worrying when Bryan Singer left, he was the heart of the 1st 2 films...
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Did someone say Kelsey Grammer as The Beast? As in the big blue guy with teh glasses? Well ... The pompous attitude might work ... I can't digest it well, I'm sorry, I'll have to see it meself.

What I'm pissed about is how teeny Storm's role was in the first one. My god, she's the most important most powerful character in X-men! The rank of importantness goes like this, The Prof, Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, that guy with the eye condition who's name I always forget, Beast, Rogue and so on and so forth. Plus, I believe Wolverine and Storm had a thing together. (ew, ooh la la )I hope this time around they play Storm's character a little more true to the story. I hate to see my favorite stuarday morning cartoon jacked up beyond recognition.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                    Did someone say Kelsey Grammer as The Beast? As in the big blue guy with teh glasses? Well ... The pompous attitude might work ... I can't digest it well, I'm sorry, I'll have to see it meself.

What I'm pissed about is how teeny Storm's role was in the first one. My god, she's the most important most powerful character in X-men! The rank of importantness goes like this, The Prof, Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, that guy with the eye condition who's name I always forget, Beast, Rogue and so on and so forth. Plus, I believe Wolverine and Storm had a thing together. (ew, ooh la la )I hope this time around they play Storm's character a little more true to the story. I hate to see my favorite stuarday morning cartoon jacked up beyond recognition.
                    Umm, are you aware you just said storm was most important, then rated the professor over her?
                    I agree btw, I think she comes after the professor, Jean and possibly Cyclops.
                    But we could argue it all day and not come ot a resoulotion

Comment

Well, the prof has to go first because ... well, he [/I]is[/I] the proffesor, but there's no way she comes after Cyclops or Jean, both of whom can be quite uncontrolled and incompetant. I remember when Rogue had to absorb her powers because she was being mind controlled by some baddie or another, even Rogue with her power absorbtion couldn't hold all that power. Whoa.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9892

an update on an actual director....maybe one that will stick around.

fox/marvel says budget and script are set.
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Storm became truly important in the comics when the professor and cyclops were gone.

Her character really came into her own not only when she lost her powers but when she had to lead the X-Men. That was a great bit of writing.

In the movies however, her character has little relevance as they have, as yet, done very little in the way of story to let her show her true powers.

I've not heard that Halley Berry has actually signed for sure. I understand she's still holding out because she wants Storm to be written better.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                            This movie just seems like it is cursed. First Bryan Singer Leaves, then Vaughn leaves......and people over at IMDb are complaining about Kelsey Grammer as Beast and the actor up for Juggernaut. With filming set to begin in 2 months........i just dont see how they can pull it all together so quickly. Will this wonderful story (Dark Phoenix) ever be seen on the big screen? When do you think?
                            I'm pretty sure it's been stated X3 wil lot be Dark Pheonix despite the obvious set up in X2. I just can't remembr where.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Yaayoubetcha
                              Storm became truly important in the comics when the professor and cyclops were gone.

Her character really came into her own not only when she lost her powers but when she had to lead the X-Men. That was a great bit of writing.
                              You're kidding?! They did that to Storm?? That sucks, dude! I never really read the comic version, just watched the TV version. I didn't know she lost her powers. That's dog. I never knew the proff and cyclops left ... seems strange, I mean, they MAKE the X-men - well the proff anyway.
                              "Why do they give us green, my precious, my love.... why?! when we wants RED"

Comment

Working...
                              X