This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many actors have crossed over?

This has probably been done before, but it just hit me. I only remembered the actor that played Narim in SG-1 on several episodes involving the Tollans, also played Dr. Weir's male interest, Simon, in SGA. Now tonight, I noticed that Richard Cox, who originally played Nyan on SG-1, also played Dr. Brendan Gaul in the Defiant One.

What gives? Why use recognizable actors in different roles, in related series?

Have you noticed any others? I know they used Aaron Pearl more than once in SG-1, playing different roles and of course, the ever infamous Alex Zahara, but he always played aliens, so recognition wasn't a problem.

Who else am I missing that has "crossed" over, not in the same, but a different role?

Again, if this thread was already done, I apologize.

Umm... Well, Halling (the really tall guy, though I probably spelt his name wrong)... The guy who plays him was in the episode Revisions from Season 7.

Courtney J. Stevens played Lt. Elliot on SG-1, Keras in the episode Childhood's End.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head besides those you mentioned already lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

i believe Perna from Poisoning the Well was on a stargate eps

basically it's a combination of two things

first of all, for american productions to get tax breaks from the canadian govt, a certain percentage of thier cast and crew have to be canadians.

second of all, vancouver is a 'little hollywood' and has a small, but good, actor pool

third, many shows, when they work with an actor and know that s/he is a good person to work with, they try to keep working wtih them. reusing an actor is worth it to them to get a known quantity rather than to get an actor who might be really bad to work with
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not a crossover but I always find it unsettling to see the same actor playing a different role in the SAME show...specifically Steve Bacic as Camulus and as Major Coburn in "Maternal Instinct".

And as for Nyan...he *so* could have been sent to Atlantis as Dr. Jackson's Research assistant (which he IS), so it didn't make ANY SENSE to see him as a completely new character.

My Favorite Jayne Quotes:
        "Time for some thrilling heroics."
        "These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me."
        "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in ruttin' command."
        "I'll be in my bunk."

Comment

Strangley, Keith Hamilton Cobb has been quite the shrinking violet from SG crossovers. Hmmm...
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            i believe Perna from Poisoning the Well was on a stargate eps

basically it's a combination of two things

first of all, for american productions to get tax breaks from the canadian govt, a certain percentage of thier cast and crew have to be canadians.

second of all, vancouver is a 'little hollywood' and has a small, but good, actor pool

third, many shows, when they work with an actor and know that s/he is a good person to work with, they try to keep working wtih them. reusing an actor is worth it to them to get a known quantity rather than to get an actor who might be really bad to work with
            Thanks for the explanation. I did know about the Canadian rules about using a certain percentage of Canadian actors, and since so many are in the area already, it now makes more sense.

Comment

Also there or a large group of atlantis fans who never watched all if any of sg1 so they wouldn't catch on. Plus hey, they say everyone has a twin out there somewhere.
              Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Yeah, the actress who played Perna was from the season six episode 'Cure'.

Grodin had a tiny little part in one of the Prometheus episodes. I think it was Grace.

And don't forget Paul McGillion played Ernest Littlefield before he played Beckett.

Comment

I know I have a doppleganger somewhere. I've lived in several countries, many states, and have traveled quite a bit, and I've been stopped soooooooooooo many times by people mistaking me for someone else. They all say the same thing...."but you look so much like her." I can't believe there may be more than one of me walking around. One of me is more than enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X