X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daniel jackson or johny crichton?

hiya
    I am newe here and I really like stargate but I wanna ask you what do you think? who is better? danny boy? or johnny boy?

Blasphemy! Danny Boy of course lol.
    302's lead the way!

Comment

Um, well I think I'll wait until I've actually seen BB/Cameron in action before casting judgement.

But for my money, both of them are -
      a. hot
      b. good actors

So it's a win/win situation here.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson
        hiya
        I am newe here and I really like stargate but I wanna ask you what do you think? who is better? danny boy? or johnny boy?
        Are you talking actors or characters and are you asking about them in regards to their individual shows?

Because John Crighton is a character on Farscape, not on Stargate SG1. I am sincerely hoping that Ben Browder has no intention of playing his SG1 character as Crighton redux. Not that there was anything wrong with the character of John Crighton on Farscape..but I want to see something different on SG1. That was one of my main complaints with the later season Jack O'Neill who seemed to, overnight, turn into Ernest Pratt from Legend.

Or do you mean Col. Cameron Mitchell who is a character on Stargate SG1?

Since we haven't really seen him in action yet, there really is IMHO no possible way to make a comparison between Daniel Jackson and Cameron Mitchell.

I admit I am very partial to Daniel Jackson and most likely will continue to be, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Cameron Mitchell is like and how he fits into the show. Between Jackson on SG1 and Crighton on Farscape, I have to say I like Daniel better..but I really like Crighton better than later seasons of Jack O'Neill.
        ______
        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Oh sorry, I thought you meant Daniel Jackson vs. Crichton in Farscape. Humm yeah idk, we'll just have to see.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

Those characters are apples and oranges in my book - both yummy, but different.
            Both are good actors. I hope the writers give them interesting things to do. I can't wait to see the entire new team in action.

Comment

You can't compare - for one Criton was a Scientest so really should be compared to carter but both were equally great character and actors.
              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                Oh sorry, I thought you meant Daniel Jackson vs. Crichton in Farscape. Humm yeah idk, we'll just have to see.
                For the former, you get a different answer depending on which forum you ask.

At a Farscape site, of course your answer is "blasphemy", whereas here, the answer of John Crichton (spell it right please!) is verboten... though at least this thread hasn't devolved into flaming posts!

For the latter? I'm a fan of both shows, and to tell you the truth, Ben Browder has shown me a lot more range than Michael Shanks.

Of course, I've only seen Shanks in The Outer Limits and Andromeda outside of Stargate SG1, so he may have more tricks up his sleeve. The only really challenging acting I've seen from him was the episode where he was posessed by multiple personalities.. a tact tried in many series before... was only passable.

Browder, on the other hand, had to play a range from a wide eyed Buck Rogers type with a touch of good ole' boy to a posessed lunatic through the haunted master of the ultimate weapon of galactic destruction. So we've seen more from him, and he does mostly a good job with it.

So in truth, I've got to give it to Browder on the latter comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                  You can't compare - for one Criton was a Scientest so really should be compared to carter but both were equally great character and actors.
                  Uhm..Dr. Daniel Jackson is a scientist. Archaeology is a science.
                  ______
                  Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Yep, but the ROLES they played were different. There is no "John Crichton" like character in SG-1. Crichton is the "fish out of water", the "Buck Rogers" analogue. There is nobody like him on SG-1, not Jackson, not Carter, not Jack.

The closest thing to a "fish out of water" in the Stargate universe is McKay on SGA.

Comment

there's also the bits where we see teal'c attempts at integration with the tau'ri way and earth culture, very humourous indeed. Crichton was more desperate maverick than fish out of water. It is very easy in this sector of TV anyway to get typecast so i hope he's a real cameron mitchell and not a crichton.

Comment

I would have said the characters were way too different, but Daniel has been carrying a gun with some skill for a little while now and John C was a pretty smart guy(just in different fields).

I think John C would have more in common with Major Shephard, but that is just me. As far as which one I like better our of Daniel and John...I guess Daniel just because I like SG-1 better than Farscape, but I think they are both great characters on great shows.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X