Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, I would like to know why, if the Ancients are so advanced, that their stasis chambers only slow down aging of the body, but the "Lifeboat" humans' stasis stopped aging all together. Several other alien races also have much more advanced stasis than the Ancients, why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
      a question about who produces what:

you, paul, brad and rob are all Executive Producers on both shows.
      I've heard that Brad does atlantis, while rob, with some help of you and paul produce sg1

so season nine is probably produced by:
      -beachhead by brad
      -half the eps by rob (including his own eps)
      -other half the eps by you and paul (including your own eps)

and atlantis season 2:
      -intruder/the tower/instinct by you and paul
      -runner by rob
      -all the rest by brad? Or does he get help from co-executive carl binder?
      Brad and Robert are the showrunners and, as such, deal directly with the network and the studios for all big issues related to the shows budget, etc. Brad runs Atlantis while Rob runs SG-1, meaning they exercise creative control with regard to the respective shows' general directions. In other words, they get the final say. Brad, as executive producer, also produces Atlantis with the help of two junior producers (Co-Executive Producer Carl Binder and Supervising Producer Martin Gero) who assist him in rewriting scripts, casting, prep week, and editing - especially when it comes to episodes they have written in which they will play a more dominant role, usually running the meetings themselves. In the case of SG-1, we split producing duties with Rob. Paul and I will usually produce about half the episodes (q.v. the above run-down of what this entails) while Rob does the same with the other half. On occasions where we write episodes for the partner show (ie. Beachhead, Runner, The Tower, Intruder), we will produce said episode as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost City Antares
        Will we find out anything more about ancient/asgard relations (like why weren't the asgarg involved with the wraith originly)?

Thanks!
        Not in season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
          So far, all the members of Sg-1 have worked well together as a team, but I was wondering if we would ever see a major disagreement between any of them?

SueS
          There will be some minor disagreements, but nothing to the extent of, say, a The Other Side.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
            Hi Joe,

Quick question, why aren't there more strong women on SG1? ( I know you can sight Sam, but her character has been written pretty poorly since Jonas left. )

Thanks a bunch!
            I think Vala's pretty strong. She'll kick your a&$!

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
              Allow me to ask this one question:

Will the main title sequence we've so far this season be used or will there be a return to the style of main title sequence scene in seasons 6,7, and 8?

timdalton007
              I'm not sure which main title sequence you're referring to. If its the 10 second version, that one is hopefully dead and buried. There's a new one out there and its pretty terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                Will we ever see an episode where Baal really comes to light on earth- perhaps even in the political scene? I think it would be most interesting if he were to perhaps run for a government position - and being so prominent, removing him would be very difficult, considering that if he were to suddenly disappear, it would arouse suspiscion, more so if the government were to hush up investigations. It might even force the hand of the SGC to reveal the true nature of their program.

There's a good chance we'll see something like this develop as Baal has grown to like Earth and certainly has the resources to make a power move. Look for it in season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  Joe,

Which actors on SG-1 and SGA do their own stunts?
                  To date, Ben is the stunt man.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown
                    Any plans for Apophis returning for a cameo this season?

Thanks
                    Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      Joe,

Which actors on SG-1 and SGA do their own stunts?
                      To date, Ben is the stunt man.
                      Wait, I though Amanda (I heard she suffered a concussion while shooting Season 1's The Enemy Within) and Rachel did their own stunts?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Only_1_Kenobi
                        Hey Joe!!

Lei hou ma??
                        I know you have been asked this a number of times, or many people keep alluding to Q's of this sort, but, when are we going to deal with the alien alliance (4 great races thing) again? This hasnt been tralked about in the show for so long, i jus thought it was something that would have been explored much further???
                        Well, we won't be dealing with it in season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Writer
                          In "Prototype" there's some question about how Daniel got into the gateroom to shoot Khalek. If Teal'c needed a noisy crowbar to open the blast door, how did Daniel sneak in unheard and undetected until he shot the round that went through Khalek's personal shield and wounded him? Will this mystery be addressed in later episodes?
                          It won't. I'd have to take a look at the episode again to give you the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Joe...

As one of a huge contingent of Sam/Amanda fans...I just have to know and would like to make a personal request...Will we get to see some more of her sense of humor play out as Carter? She is an incredibly funny woman. We get little bits now and then but for the most part she's been serious this year (I know, not much to joke about).

Looking forward to more Kickbutt!Sam, more Scientist!Sam, more interaction with the team...heck what am I beating around the bush for??? Just more SAM (we missed her terribly when she was gone).

Take care and thank you kindly as always,
                            Mary Beth

P.S. Thanks for answering that the leads are all returning next year should there be one...and please let us know when you find out for certain about 10...
                            There are flashes of "funny Sam" in the latter part of season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                              Seeing as you're online at the moment, I figured I'd give a question a shot. Although there is no evidence to support the claim, it's been reported that Vala is set to appear in the last two episdoes of season nine. So, does Vala also appear in Camelot, or is she just in Crusade?
                              She'll be appearing in both - though to a much lesser extent in Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                                Joe, I would like to know why, if the Ancients are so advanced, that their stasis chambers only slow down aging of the body, but the "Lifeboat" humans' stasis stopped aging all together. Several other alien races also have much more advanced stasis than the Ancients, why is that?
                                I could offer an informed opinion - but you'd probably be better off going to the source in this case: Brad Wright.

Comment

Working...
                                X