Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3859

Default Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9) and SGA (S1, S2)

Dear Joe,

Question vis a vis ratings...how high do they have to be to get renewed? And what is considered competitive these days since there are so many channels?
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Executive Producer, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by chocdoc
    Thanks for coming here to asnwer questions and thanks for a wonderful show!

Can you tell us anything about the relationships (and I don't mean ships) between Sam and Mitchell, Sam and Landry, and Sam and Dr. Lam? Does Sam interact with these characters on a regular basis, and does she have a history with any of them?
    Sam already knows Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Suebsg9
    will there be any serious drama scenes between mitchell and daniel? jack n daniel had the banter which the actors seem to come naturally but like abyss both actors could also handle the serious drama scenes, do we see anything like that with mitchell and daniel?
    We will.

[QUOTE=Suebsg9]
    Quote Originally Posted by JMallozzi
    Daniel - I think Michael was terrific in the opening three-parter, but especially so in Origin. We see DJ run the emotional gamut, from flip and fun to fearful and despairing.

not to be a complete idiot but can you xplain what you mean that he runs the emotional gamut from flip and fun to fearful and despairing?
    I mean that he will be put through the emotional ringer.

Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9) and SGA (S1, S2)

We will.
    can you use an example of any eps. that we will see the drama scenes between daniel and mitchell? or have they yet to be filmed!

we just keep hearing about fun scenes with the two and was hopeing for some serious sides from both in a scene or two or three or more lol

[QUOTE=SueS]
    1. With all the emotional turmoil Sam has gone through, and with all the chances that she will be confronted with when she returns to the SGC, will there be any sense of her struggling to fit in or trying to cope with the changes?

One of the reasons Sam took some "time off" was to deal with some of the events of last season. She'll return with a clearer mind, ready to resume her duties.

2. I'm a little concern that a lot of the spoilers I've read seem to have Sam paired off with someone other than a member of the team. In Ex Deus, she's working with Agent Barrett and in 4th Horseman she's working with Dr. Lee. So, is there any significant Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c, or Sam/Mitchell scenes to look forward to?

There will be.

3. When Sam returns will she still be in the Air Force?

Check it out. She comes back in Beachhead.

Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9) and SGA (S1, S2)

[QUOTE=JMallozzi]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebsg9

I mean that he will be put through the emotional ringer.
    the emotional ringer ha? wow can't wait to see <yes my sadistic side><and want to see how MS handled the scenes>!

now you watch the dallies <i think they are called> have you seen those for the eps. that have been finished in season 9 and are there any eps. that you liked more then others and wish you could go back and do something different?

<sorry got some of that off yours and mullies little introduction to how you guys got in the biz and stuff and what you do as producers so if i got the wrong word i apologize>

not sure i can have you elaborate more on the emotional ringer lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kliggins
    Hi Joe:

Just wondering if there was any chance of seeing Dr. Balinsky show up again or is this one of those questions where you say maybe/maybe not? The character was great and David Lewis too.

Thanks
    David was great.

And, yes, its one of those "maybe" answers.

Hey Joe thanks for answering my previous question.

Just have to clear this up, the ship that attacked Apophis' flagship in 'Enemies' in the different galaxy, woz that a replicator ship because it seemed really advanced and the design woz unlike anything we've seen? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnSheDxTeaRs
    Hey Joe! I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to Stargate boards so when I stumbled across this, I had to take my chance! Anyhow, before I ask my question, I have to say thanks for doing such a great job on the show, its my favorite (aside from Farscape and SGA). Okay, now for my question.

In the Atlantis season one episode 'Before I Sleep' I didn't understand how it was possible for the alternate Weir to still be alive if the Weir of 'our time' was alive. To better explain it, in the Sg-1 episode 'Point of View' the alternate reality Catrer went though temporal entropic cascade failure because there were two of them in one reality. Now why hadn't that happened to one of the Weir's, more specifically the older Weir?

This is not intended to be a flame, Before I Sleep is one of my favorite episodes. Thank you so much for taking time off to answer my question! It means alot!

Thanks a bunch!
    Sammy
    * BTW I see that you like Anime.. Have you heard of Gyver?
    Hey Sammy,

Welcome aboard.

Entropic Cascade Failure, huh? The multiverse theory of quantum physics posits the existence of endless alternate realities co-existing with our own. Some hold that the proximity of these realities is dependent upon the similarities between the various universes - ie. the more similar the realities, the closer together/easier to access via an inter-universal bridge, while the more disimilar, the further apart/more difficult to access. Some theorize that the temporal effects of entropic cascade failure are directly proportional to the proximity of the "universe of origin" from which a given element is introduced, ranging from dangerously high impact in distant, off-setting cases where the elements are more likely to be "out of sync" to negligible in closer, more attuned elements.

Guyver. Got it but haven't watched it yet.

Hi, Joe!

"Grace" is one of my favorite episodes! It's actually the one that brought me into the online fandom because I needed to discuss it with other fans. To me, the episode hit all the right marks in writing, directing and acting!

"Grace Under Pressure" is slated as a SG-1/SGA crossover. Is there a connection with the "Grace" episode? If so, please give me any tidits of spoilers you can.
    Thanks!

Token ~

Quote Originally Posted by Carterslave
    So you're saying Martin Gero is a Furling? (A really tall Furling?)

He's not that tall.

Would that be Dixon, by any chance? Or has Makepeace finally been let out of the brig?
    Nope and not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sum1
    Hi Joe,

I have a question for you regarding some of those great inside jokes you guys put into the show, mainly how you guys manage to think up so many and put them in so well. For example, I was watching Covenant the other day and realized that you had Alec Colson (a name from MacGyver) meets Captain Sheffield, and Shaunessy played Mr. Sheffield on The Nanny. Can't forget about naming the Trust members after super heroes. Oh, and speaking of MacGyver, was John Sheppard named after the producer from there? How do you guys manage do it so well? Is there someone on the team who just constantly manages to write these little things into the scripts?
    Depends on the writer. And, to be honest, some of them are merely coincidental. Though you did notice the superhero (actually superhero alter ego shadow names) for the various Trust members in Full Alert.

Because of the fact that O'neill will not be on the show will his name still be brought up quite often? I mean with Ball on Earth....wouldn't that mean that he is going to make it a hard life for O'neill because of the hatred they both have for each other? What about Thor.....It really seems that there needs to be a relationship between both of them still. With all the chem they have.

I also was wondering what someone would do to get a job on the set of Stargate or any set for that matter?
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Hi Joe thanks for answering all these questions.
    1) I was just wondering if we will see the return of Vanessa Angel(Anice) or Peter Stebbings(Malek) in season 9.

2) would you continue to work on stargate if you thought that it is getting a bit boring (i think it's still great) and does Vala ever meet Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Livi2Jack
    Dear Joe,

Question vis a vis ratings...how high do they have to be to get renewed? And what is considered competitive these days since there are so many channels?
    That really depends. When we moved to SciFi Channel, we were hoping for 1.5 - 1.7 average and ended up with slightly higher. After the SciFi Channel expanded its viewer base, we expected those numbers to drop slightly but, instead, they inched higher. Last year, we were hitting 2.0's, 2.1's, 2.2's consistently. If that keeps up, I would think chances are good - but who knows. There are other variables that go into making that sort of decision - chiest of which is the economic viability of continuing to produce the show. In the end, if it becomes a money-losing proposition, then the plug will be pulled. However, if DVD sales are any indication, the show seems to be doing alright in that respect.

Hey Sammy,

Welcome aboard.

Entropic Cascade Failure, huh? The multiverse theory of quantum physics posits the existence of endless alternate realities co-existing with our own. Some hold that the proximity of these realities is dependent upon the similarities between the various universes - ie. the more similar the realities, the closer together/easier to access via an inter-universal bridge, while the more disimilar, the further apart/more difficult to access. Some theorize that the temporal effects of entropic cascade failure are directly proportional to the proximity of the "universe of origin" from which a given element is introduced, ranging from dangerously high impact in distant, off-setting cases where the elements are more likely to be "out of sync" to negligible in closer, more attuned elements.

Guyver. Got it but haven't watched it yet.

Thanks a bunch Joe! That really cleared things up for me!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MCKAY: But, why wait? Why does this guy show up a day and a half after this all starts to do his whole "Prepare to meet your doom" thing?

SAM: I don't know. Maybe he wanted to make sure it was gonna work.

MCKAY: Yeah, that WOULD be embarrasing, wouldn't it? -- "Nothing can stop the destruction That I bring upon you!" Then the gate shuts down. "Oops, sorry. Nevermind ..."

~ Never turn your back on tomorrow.. Yesterdays ok though ~

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/03196e14.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/190943f4.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/22388ca4.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/c3e70e05.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/3fdc4892.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/c9d16c45.jpg
    Adopt your favorite SG-1 or Atlantis character here

Joe, will we learn more about Vala this season? A lot of people complain that she's just there for eye candy and the sex factor b/c of the way she acted in Prometheus Unbound, flaunting her sexuality to try and get her way with Daniel. Obviously we will probably learn some, but specifically, will we learn more about her history and what's made her the way she is?

Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Q&A?

I'm wondering how hard or easy it is to write with a partner. I've always thought of writing as a pretty solitary affair. Do you and Paul M. ever radically disagree about the direction of a story or story elements? If so, how do you resolve disagreements--arm wrestle, flip a coin?

Hi Joe,

Hopefully without being too much of a pest, I'm going to repost a question that you "overlooked" earlier. If for any reason whatsoever you don't want to answer it, that's fine. But I figure I might as well give it a shot.

Any word yet on who will play Khalek in Prototype? Word was you were looking for a classically trained, fairly well-known name.

Oh, and are you sure you don't want to give golf a try? It's nearly as infuriating as reading some posts on these boards, but much more satisfying when you get it right.
    Oh, and just to echo the sentiments of some earlier posters, you guys really are doing a fantastic job with SG-1, in spite of what you may read on the internet. The vast, though perhaps sometimes too silent, majority of fans still find the show quite engaging and enjoyable. And we hope for many more seasons to come. Thanks.

Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693133183 ... LastLast