Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe,

I have a question for you regarding some of those great inside jokes you guys put into the show, mainly how you guys manage to think up so many and put them in so well. For example, I was watching Covenant the other day and realized that you had Alec Colson (a name from MacGyver) meets Captain Sheffield, and Shaunessy played Mr. Sheffield on The Nanny. Can't forget about naming the Trust members after super heroes. Oh, and speaking of MacGyver, was John Sheppard named after the producer from there? How do you guys manage do it so well? Is there someone on the team who just constantly manages to write these little things into the scripts?

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
      Joe, I heard that Ben Browder will be at Comic Con to do the Stargate panel. Will you be on the panel as well? And do you know who else will be going to Comic Con from the show?
      No idea. SciFi organizes the panel and, well, let's just say my invitation got lost in the mail. But Ben will be a lot of fun and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the actors from both shows weren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
        Joe - speaking of Farscape (I loved it too).

Fran Buller (aka Mrs. Ben Browder) played a number of interesting roles on that series. Mainly under a lot of latex/makeup

Any chance she might be getting a memorable guest spot on SG-1?
        I've met Fran on a couple of occasions and really enjoyed her work on Farscape. If we can find the right part, we'd love to have her do a guest spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          That was good--I also recall her doing a great flying tackle on Anubis' Jaffa in "Homecoming."

I really like Lou Gossett Jr. Will he be working mostly with CJ/Teal'c or will he work with the rest of the team too?
          Most of Lou Gossett Jr.'s scenes will be opposite Chris Judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            Since you brought up Dr. Lee, can you tell us why he's not cooling his heals at Area 51 or at least fired after directly disobeying the orders of Major Carter in Paradise Lost? He should have had his you-know-what kicked from the SGC to Othala for behaving like that to a superior. I know he's not military, but in a military organization, even civilian employees are expected to follow orders.
            True, but I believe Carter cut him some slack because, well, he had a point.

Comment

Dear Joe,

Question vis a vis ratings...how high do they have to be to get renewed? And what is considered competitive these days since there are so many channels?
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                Thanks for coming here to asnwer questions and thanks for a wonderful show!

Can you tell us anything about the relationships (and I don't mean ships) between Sam and Mitchell, Sam and Landry, and Sam and Dr. Lam? Does Sam interact with these characters on a regular basis, and does she have a history with any of them?
                Sam already knows Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9
                  will there be any serious drama scenes between mitchell and daniel? jack n daniel had the banter which the actors seem to come naturally but like abyss both actors could also handle the serious drama scenes, do we see anything like that with mitchell and daniel?
                  We will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Suebsg9]
                    Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    Daniel - I think Michael was terrific in the opening three-parter, but especially so in Origin. We see DJ run the emotional gamut, from flip and fun to fearful and despairing.

not to be a complete idiot but can you xplain what you mean that he runs the emotional gamut from flip and fun to fearful and despairing?
                    I mean that he will be put through the emotional ringer.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      We will.
                      can you use an example of any eps. that we will see the drama scenes between daniel and mitchell? or have they yet to be filmed!

we just keep hearing about fun scenes with the two and was hopeing for some serious sides from both in a scene or two or three or more lol
                      Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

[QUOTE=SueS]
                        1. With all the emotional turmoil Sam has gone through, and with all the chances that she will be confronted with when she returns to the SGC, will there be any sense of her struggling to fit in or trying to cope with the changes?

One of the reasons Sam took some "time off" was to deal with some of the events of last season. She'll return with a clearer mind, ready to resume her duties.

2. I'm a little concern that a lot of the spoilers I've read seem to have Sam paired off with someone other than a member of the team. In Ex Deus, she's working with Agent Barrett and in 4th Horseman she's working with Dr. Lee. So, is there any significant Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c, or Sam/Mitchell scenes to look forward to?

There will be.

3. When Sam returns will she still be in the Air Force?

Check it out. She comes back in Beachhead.

Comment

[QUOTE=JMallozzi]
                          Originally posted by Suebsg9

I mean that he will be put through the emotional ringer.
                          the emotional ringer ha? wow can't wait to see <yes my sadistic side><and want to see how MS handled the scenes>!

now you watch the dallies <i think they are called> have you seen those for the eps. that have been finished in season 9 and are there any eps. that you liked more then others and wish you could go back and do something different?

<sorry got some of that off yours and mullies little introduction to how you guys got in the biz and stuff and what you do as producers so if i got the wrong word i apologize>

not sure i can have you elaborate more on the emotional ringer lol!
                          Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                            Hi Joe:

Just wondering if there was any chance of seeing Dr. Balinsky show up again or is this one of those questions where you say maybe/maybe not? The character was great and David Lewis too.

Thanks
                            David was great.

And, yes, its one of those "maybe" answers.

Comment

Hey Joe thanks for answering my previous question.

Just have to clear this up, the ship that attacked Apophis' flagship in 'Enemies' in the different galaxy, woz that a replicator ship because it seemed really advanced and the design woz unlike anything we've seen? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by UnSheDxTeaRs
                                Hey Joe! I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to Stargate boards so when I stumbled across this, I had to take my chance! Anyhow, before I ask my question, I have to say thanks for doing such a great job on the show, its my favorite (aside from Farscape and SGA). Okay, now for my question.

In the Atlantis season one episode 'Before I Sleep' I didn't understand how it was possible for the alternate Weir to still be alive if the Weir of 'our time' was alive. To better explain it, in the Sg-1 episode 'Point of View' the alternate reality Catrer went though temporal entropic cascade failure because there were two of them in one reality. Now why hadn't that happened to one of the Weir's, more specifically the older Weir?

This is not intended to be a flame, Before I Sleep is one of my favorite episodes. Thank you so much for taking time off to answer my question! It means alot!

Thanks a bunch!
                                Sammy
                                * BTW I see that you like Anime.. Have you heard of Gyver?
                                Hey Sammy,

Welcome aboard.

Entropic Cascade Failure, huh? The multiverse theory of quantum physics posits the existence of endless alternate realities co-existing with our own. Some hold that the proximity of these realities is dependent upon the similarities between the various universes - ie. the more similar the realities, the closer together/easier to access via an inter-universal bridge, while the more disimilar, the further apart/more difficult to access. Some theorize that the temporal effects of entropic cascade failure are directly proportional to the proximity of the "universe of origin" from which a given element is introduced, ranging from dangerously high impact in distant, off-setting cases where the elements are more likely to be "out of sync" to negligible in closer, more attuned elements.

Guyver. Got it but haven't watched it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X