No announcement yet.

Touchstone (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another filler-episode, or stand-alone whichever you prefer, and not a very memorable one. Sure, it sets up the base for future NID-stories but seriously, I couldn't be bothered much. In fact, episode wasn't even halfway and my attention was already elsewhere.

The device itself is certainly interesting but it felt like a side-story to the NID set-up. It's like they needed a reason to introduce the NID-story but they couldn't quite figure out what it would be so that's where the Touchstone comes in. It gets stolen and off we go on our little adventure.

But it all felt a bit too disconnected -- I can't really put my finger on it. Meh...

How would you rate SG-1's "Touchstone?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No more FH. I thought we agreed on 3 episodes
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        No more FH. I thought we agreed on 3 episodes
        It was the middle of the night... I prefer sleeping at such time.

Comment

I was talking about per week
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I was talking about per week
            Oh... I was catching up on lost weeks.

I'm all caught up now -- next week is week 14 so it's back to regular speed until the next busy week arrives (which could very well be around the release of the Han Solo film in May 2018).

Anyhoodle, I bring forth the 3-episode quiz:

Touchstone --> This way!
            A Matter Of Time
            The Fifth Race

...and the jigsaw puzzle for this episode.

Comment

This is a favorite of mine. Since it starts the rogue NID arc, it's by definition not a filler FH. I have always liked conspiracy stories which is why I like this episode. Sometimes Stargate is idealistic but the rogue NID shows a more realistic presence of government. Although I want to know who this Whitlow person who never appears again. Sorry it's a good FH.

4 minutes and 57 seconds because im awesome
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and impressions of these episodes, thanks.
                "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
                  I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and impressions of these episodes, thanks.
                  Always welcome to join in on the fun (including the quizzes and jigsaws).

Comment

6 minutes and 24 seconds (yet again, a full 2 minutes behind on the master).

Comment

8:46.

The only thing that I liked about this episode is the smarmy Maybourne and NID. The blind chieftain was very annoying-- not acted well at all.

Comment

Errors:

1. When the SG-1 arrived, the doors were opened as we could see the statue, but then they will be closed again in the next shot.
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x14/02.jpg
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x14/03.jpg

2. Teal'c (CJ) wears an inappropriate sandal in the SGC:
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x14/01.jpg
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          2. Teal'c (CJ) wears an inappropriate sandal in the SGC:
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x14/01.jpg
                          Who says he can't?

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

alot of options, maybe the nox colonized the world, build a hiding place, build a weather stabilizing device and gave them control over it, it sounds sort of like the nox but lots of choices really

Comment

5.57 puzzle.. This was a solid episode - I'm enjoying my season 2 rewatch.
                                sigpic
                                signature art by lunasera

Comment

Working...
                                X