Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    Think he'd ride the "yak" creature they used in the movie?
    Omg, that'd be crazy! Crazy as in cool!

*tries to image him .. or Shep .. holding on yelling "Hold 'em pony!" Or "hold 'em yak - thing"...

Originally posted by prion
    Uh, yeah, Tyr had leather pants too. Google an image of TYR from ANDROMEDA and lo and behold, you'll see who they copied off to make Dex....
    Ooooh, I was looking at this guy at first when I first saw the promo pics and I was like, whoa, who's the KHC knockoff? I wonder how much Andromeda TPTB watch daily...

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    But I think Ronon is different enough not to be compared to Tyr, especially once he starts interacting in an episode. And we do need someone in leather. None of the guys in the Stargate universe wear leather.
    Yeah, he looks like he'd be different. He's got a different way of holding himself than Tyr. Personally, I'd love to see some Dylan and Tyr like leadership rivalry with him and Shep - or Ford to break the usual 'I wanna be leader' mold. Lol, wouldn't be a gas if Shep turned out liking him and Ford hating him? Well, I think it's funny.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Oh my...another Thunk thread....why have I not noticed this one yet...maybe because that no one has sucked me in and cuz I am just lurking around to see what is new to the threads...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        Uh, yeah, Tyr had leather pants too. Google an image of TYR from ANDROMEDA and lo and behold, you'll see who they copied off to make Dex....

Ahem, cough cough. I mean, right down to the dreadlocks. and leather wrist things....

Try this site for comparison photo:

http://people.freenet.de/spacefiction/tyr.html

and click on this image

http://people.freenet.de/andromedafiles/andtyr007.jpg
        Sorry, but NO comparison. Tyr wore black, shiny leather, made to show his, err, attributes. Dex wears beat up, tattered leather and clothes, because he hasn't had time to shop the past 7 years, being hunted by the Wraith.

As for Tyr's hair, it's beautiful, shiny and very dark. Now take a look at Dex, he looks like he hasn't seen a barber, let alone a stylist, in ages.

Oh, and the leather wrist "things"...they are called braces, and have been used by archers, fencers and "warriors" for centuries.

So, no comparison.....why don't you post pics of Ben Browder from Farscape, now HE wore tight black leather!
        Last edited by Lida; 09 July 2005, 04:49 PM.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Prion, so this is your Tyr look alike? Sorry, but aside from the fact they both have dredlocks, something many men and women, of many races have, I'm sorry, but there is NO comparison. And how long has Tyr been OFF Andromeda???? (I wouldn't really know, as I couldn't get into it, I tried, but NO luck.)

On fighting:

Comment

Well, I do think it's a teeny bit obvious that Dex's a Tyr knockoff. If not an exact replica, surely a knockoff.

Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dum

Edit: changed Dex piccie
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Looking at that sparing pic. . .if Teyla wouldn't wear that silly dress when she spars, she'd be able to give Dex a good kick.

That is a good pic to see how tattered his clothes are though.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                Well, I do think it's a teeny bit obvious that Dex's a Tyr knockoff. If not an exact replica, surely a knockoff.

Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dum

Edit: changed Dex piccie
                Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Tyr was all show and no substance. The character of Dex (the way he looks, and NOT in promo shots, and is described) is all substance, with no "show". Tyr always looked like he had just walked out of a stylist's upscale shop, while Dex looks like he hasn't seen the inside of a barber shop in, say, 7 years. Just pulled that number out my hat!

But seriously, you can't compare all actors with dredlocks and say, well if not replica's then they are knock offs. You start with one physical attribute, and you'll have to start comparing other actors and calling them "wannabees".

However, I really wasn't a fan of Andromeda, and my exposure to it was very limited, so I'm just going on the few epi's I did see with Tyr in them, and of course, we haven't seen Dex in action yet, so, check back with me, in say, 3-4 weeks.

(still think we need more pics in here tho!)
                On fighting:

Comment

Another "cropped" shot, sorry, but I'm having the dickens of a time finding "new" Dex pics. Hope they get more online soon!

Hmmm, that bruise on his wrist looks nasty. Hey medic!!!!!
                  On fighting:

Comment

QUOTE=Lida]But seriously, you can't compare all actors with dredlocks and say, well if not replica's then they are knock offs. You start with one physical attribute, and you'll have to start comparing other actors and calling them "wannabees".

However, I really wasn't a fan of Andromeda, and my exposure to it was very limited, so I'm just going on the few epi's I did see with Tyr in them, and of course, we haven't seen Dex in action yet, so, check back with me, in say, 3-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

well, you're right about the dreadlock thing. (but even the gun holster is on the same leg!) But similar appearances aren't really the important part after all. The important part is how the personalities differ. I have a feeling Dex won't be very Tyr-like in personality at all. That's good news.

Jase

omg, how hard is it to find Dex piccies!
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      QUOTE=Lida]But seriously, you can't compare all actors with dredlocks and say, well if not replica's then they are knock offs. You start with one physical attribute, and you'll have to start comparing other actors and calling them "wannabees".

However, I really wasn't a fan of Andromeda, and my exposure to it was very limited, so I'm just going on the few epi's I did see with Tyr in them, and of course, we haven't seen Dex in action yet, so, check back with me, in say, 3-4 weeks.
                      well, you're right about the dreadlock thing. (but even the gun holster is on the same leg!) But similar appearances aren't really the important part after all. The important part is how the personalities differ. I have a feeling Dex won't be very Tyr-like in personality at all. That's good news.

Jase

omg, how hard is it to find Dex piccies![/QUOTE]

I so agree on both points. It's REALLY hard to find good "Dexie" pics.....and, it will be the personality of the character of Dex that actually defines him and I really do believe, not only will he be his own man, I think the character will be strong enough to add much to SGA. I'm truly looking forward to ALL the changes, but I can't wait to see the actual interactions between Dex and McKay and Dex and Shep.

Now, must look for more piccies!
                      On fighting:

Comment

Just watched the "Preview" show on SciFi.

Jason has passed the test - I'm a fan. He is really going to bring a lot of energy to the show, but its going to be hard to wait for his appearance. At least we can come up with new screen caps of him now.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

a guh... he is just too ridiculously good-looking!!!! I had to stop lurking here, esp. after the special, I'm really excited to see his character... and caps...
                          Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                            a guh... he is just too ridiculously good-looking!!!! I had to stop lurking here, esp. after the special, I'm really excited to see his character... and caps...
                            Welcome wizengamot! Please feel free to post here and ALL JM/RD pics are welcome!

Yes, Jason is one very good looking man, but he's also an accomplished actor and I'm even more psyched now, after seeing a little of his character and his personality on the SciFi preview last night. I think after his debut in the episode, The Runner, this thread will explode.

And FoolishPleasure, isn't it nice to know we were right, from the start? And I so agree, he is going to bring fresh energy to the show and will balance out the darker moments the writers have planned.

But we still need more pics!!!!!
                            On fighting:

Comment

Jason was awesome in the special. What was up with Teyla pulling his shirt/armor/whatever that was off and then staring at his chest? Did you all see that?
                              The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainStigmata
                                Jason was awesome in the special. What was up with Teyla pulling his shirt/armor/whatever that was off and then staring at his chest? Did you all see that?
                                Yep, I saw it. Now be honest. If you could, wouldn't you pull of his shirt and stare, and maybe even drool, just a little? ( Whoa, I'm supposed to be a mature adult.)

Yes, Jason was awesome and I'm looking forward to his new role in SGA and his interactions with the other cast members and after the preview last night, he and Teyla should work well together.
                                On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                                X