Page 5 of 4417 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast
    Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

Default Re: Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Looking at that sparing pic. . .if Teyla wouldn't wear that silly dress when she spars, she'd be able to give Dex a good kick.

That is a good pic to see how tattered his clothes are though.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Lieutenant Colonel

Chevron Re: Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-RA
    Well, I do think it's a teeny bit obvious that Dex's a Tyr knockoff. If not an exact replica, surely a knockoff.

Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dum

Edit: changed Dex piccie
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Tyr was all show and no substance. The character of Dex (the way he looks, and NOT in promo shots, and is described) is all substance, with no "show". Tyr always looked like he had just walked out of a stylist's upscale shop, while Dex looks like he hasn't seen the inside of a barber shop in, say, 7 years. Just pulled that number out my hat!

But seriously, you can't compare all actors with dredlocks and say, well if not replica's then they are knock offs. You start with one physical attribute, and you'll have to start comparing other actors and calling them "wannabees".

However, I really wasn't a fan of Andromeda, and my exposure to it was very limited, so I'm just going on the few epi's I did see with Tyr in them, and of course, we haven't seen Dex in action yet, so, check back with me, in say, 3-4 weeks.

(still think we need more pics in here tho!)
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Lieutenant Colonel

Another "cropped" shot, sorry, but I'm having the dickens of a time finding "new" Dex pics. Hope they get more online soon!

Hmmm, that bruise on his wrist looks nasty. Hey medic!!!!!
    On fighting:

QUOTE=Lida]But seriously, you can't compare all actors with dredlocks and say, well if not replica's then they are knock offs. You start with one physical attribute, and you'll have to start comparing other actors and calling them "wannabees".

However, I really wasn't a fan of Andromeda, and my exposure to it was very limited, so I'm just going on the few epi's I did see with Tyr in them, and of course, we haven't seen Dex in action yet, so, check back with me, in say, 3-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

well, you're right about the dreadlock thing. (but even the gun holster is on the same leg!) But similar appearances aren't really the important part after all. The important part is how the personalities differ. I have a feeling Dex won't be very Tyr-like in personality at all. That's good news.

Jase

omg, how hard is it to find Dex piccies!

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-RA
    QUOTE=Lida]But seriously, you can't compare all actors with dredlocks and say, well if not replica's then they are knock offs. You start with one physical attribute, and you'll have to start comparing other actors and calling them "wannabees".

However, I really wasn't a fan of Andromeda, and my exposure to it was very limited, so I'm just going on the few epi's I did see with Tyr in them, and of course, we haven't seen Dex in action yet, so, check back with me, in say, 3-4 weeks.
    well, you're right about the dreadlock thing. (but even the gun holster is on the same leg!) But similar appearances aren't really the important part after all. The important part is how the personalities differ. I have a feeling Dex won't be very Tyr-like in personality at all. That's good news.

Jase

omg, how hard is it to find Dex piccies![/QUOTE]

I so agree on both points. It's REALLY hard to find good "Dexie" pics.....and, it will be the personality of the character of Dex that actually defines him and I really do believe, not only will he be his own man, I think the character will be strong enough to add much to SGA. I'm truly looking forward to ALL the changes, but I can't wait to see the actual interactions between Dex and McKay and Dex and Shep.

Now, must look for more piccies!
    On fighting:

Just watched the "Preview" show on SciFi.

Jason has passed the test - I'm a fan. He is really going to bring a lot of energy to the show, but its going to be hard to wait for his appearance. At least we can come up with new screen caps of him now.

a guh... he is just too ridiculously good-looking!!!! I had to stop lurking here, esp. after the special, I'm really excited to see his character... and caps...

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by wizengamot
    a guh... he is just too ridiculously good-looking!!!! I had to stop lurking here, esp. after the special, I'm really excited to see his character... and caps...
    Welcome wizengamot! Please feel free to post here and ALL JM/RD pics are welcome!

Yes, Jason is one very good looking man, but he's also an accomplished actor and I'm even more psyched now, after seeing a little of his character and his personality on the SciFi preview last night. I think after his debut in the episode, The Runner, this thread will explode.

And FoolishPleasure, isn't it nice to know we were right, from the start? And I so agree, he is going to bring fresh energy to the show and will balance out the darker moments the writers have planned.

But we still need more pics!!!!!
    On fighting:

Jason was awesome in the special. What was up with Teyla pulling his shirt/armor/whatever that was off and then staring at his chest? Did you all see that?

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainStigmata
    Jason was awesome in the special. What was up with Teyla pulling his shirt/armor/whatever that was off and then staring at his chest? Did you all see that?
    Yep, I saw it. Now be honest. If you could, wouldn't you pull of his shirt and stare, and maybe even drool, just a little? ( Whoa, I'm supposed to be a mature adult.)

Yes, Jason was awesome and I'm looking forward to his new role in SGA and his interactions with the other cast members and after the preview last night, he and Teyla should work well together.
    On fighting:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainStigmata
    I think she was just goofing off. . .but, well, Teyla and Dex DO look good together.

Lieutenant Colonel

Since our pool of RD pics is still limited and we NEED pics on a "thunk" thread, I've had to resort to "artifying" one of our old shots. I'm trying..........

I know there are many of you out there with better graphics skills than I, so please, go to it!
    On fighting:

Lieutenant Colonel

Just wanted to let all the JM/RD fans, that both he and his family are very appreciative of your support. He loves his new role and his fellow castmates and is looking forward to a great year on SGA!

I know we are all looking forward to his debut in the episode, Runner.

Not much longer to wait........and where are the pics???? We need more pics.
    On fighting:

Lieutenant Colonel

I guess if you want something done, you have to do it yourself!

Dex and Friends!
    On fighting:

Quote Originally Posted by Lida
    Just wanted to let all the JM/RD fans, that both he and his family are very appreciative of your support. He loves his new role and his fellow castmates and is looking forward to a great year on SGA!

I know we are all looking forward to his debut in the episode, Runner.

Not much longer to wait........and where are the pics???? We need more pics.
    BRAVO!! to Lida....thanks for being such a "knightest and shining armor" to Momoa. It is so great to read your post and others that stand by him. His fans appreacitate it, and I am sure his family does too. Although I missed the Sci Fi special and Momoa..we had a little hurricane here in florida and are cleaning up. Can't wait till season 2 starts...hopefully our cable will be back up friday or before Momoa appears. Bravo to the others too...I am at work on line so I better get off, sorry I didn't get a chance to name everyone that has been so great about standing by Momoa.

two pics

Looks like RD's been whumped a bit!

Lwaxana Troi

Wow! I'm not here a few days and look at these pics! This is really great. I'm really happy people are finally realizing that Jason Momoa/Dex, is going to be a real plus in season 2 of SGA.

Keep up the posting and please, keep up the pics. Wizengamot.....hot, hot, hot!

Edit: Mine is the 100th post on this thread! Bet we get to 1000 very quickly, after JM makes his first appearance!

Page 5 of 4417 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast