Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

It's an inevitability so I may as well make it official.

Balthian posted a link to a cool site with an Atlantis S2 promo shots gallery which includes some nice pics of Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex:

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/image...N_0023JPRF.jpg

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/image...N_0033JPRF.jpg

What's the furry-looking thing he's wearing in the group shots? Some poor sod of an animal he's killed with his bare hands? Or maybe he's found some furry Wraith...

Or have we finally learned the terrible fate of the Furlings??

hehe. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Get thunking, folks!

I have copyed two pic from the promo but I haven't put them on photobucket, yet. So when I do, I'll post one of them.

Comment

Guess I'll be the first to post a pic of the newest hunk! It's a pleasure.

Would love to see more!

Comment

... I think he kind of needs a shave and possibly a bit of a hair cut...

Otherwise...

Edit: Ah, forget about the shave! A little bit of a hair cut still though

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

oooh.

found these two on jasonmomoa.com

I think he looks much nicer as Dex

Comment

^ oooh.

A little facial hair there would be great

Comment

That young man has obviously spent a considerable amount of time in the gym!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                That young man has obviously spent a considerable amount of time in the gym!
                I'd pay to watch him work out...

... What?

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  ... I think he kind of needs a shave and possibly a bit of a hair cut...

Otherwise...

Edit: Ah, forget about the shave! A little bit of a hair cut still though
                  I like my men a little rough around the edges. He looks good to me!

Comment

Personally I don't like long hair on guys. Jason Momoa is hot with short hair and he doesn't look as scary

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                      Personally I don't like long hair on guys. Jason Momoa is hot with short hair and he doesn't look as scary
                      I get the impression Ronon is supposed to be intimidating. . .and rough around the edges. It will be an interesting contrast with our "clean and upright" cast. I'm looking forward to the character.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Gah! Hard to believe its the same guy. He looks so creepy on Atlantis, but then he looks so normal in the other pics!

I recon his hair is cool ... *wishes I could do that with mine!*
                        Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                          Gah! Hard to believe its the same guy. He looks so creepy on Atlantis, but then he looks so normal in the other pics!

I recon his hair is cool ... *wishes I could do that with mine!*
                          Creepy? You have a problem with dreadlocks? He is supposed to have been on the run from the Wraith for 7 long years. Capture would mean death. You think he had time to visit a spa, let alone a barber?

I know he isn't clean cut all-American Lt. Ford, but please remember one thing. Jason Momoa auditioned for a part and he got it. He didn't write Ford out as a regular cast member, TPTB did. Hopefully, it will allow them to develop Ford's character, as they gave him no chance to grow last season. Why are so many being so hard on Ronan Dex? We haven't even seen him yet. I saw a short clip of him in Vancouver and I was impressed with his character, and I think he will add to the show. But I'll just have to wait and see......just like all of you.

I find the character of Dex to be very exciting, as he is unlike the other hunks on the two series. Too bad they haven't released more pics of him yet.
                          Last edited by Atteria; 27 June 2005, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                            Why are so many being so hard on Ronan Dex?:
                            I don't think that John_sheppard meant that to come across as a slam on the character... right? Some people do find scruffy and dreadlocked a little disconcerting. Me, I think it makes him look a bit more mature than the clean shaven and short hair look... appropriate for a character that's been on the run. I'm looking forward to seeing how he works out.

Comment

Last edited by greytop; 08 June 2005, 10:32 PM. Reason: made pic smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X