Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use the Tok'ra Spoilers Against the Super Soldiers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord You
    Carter recovered the crystal from Ren Al before leaving with Lantash/Elliot. Where did you hear it was destroyed?
    I guess I always assumed it was implied, but maybe we still have it. But if we had it, you know the Pentagon would be trying to mass produce it, not only as a defensive weapon where we can release it immediatly if the gate is breached and as an offensive weapon on Gould ships.
    -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
    -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
      It was poison and not a virus. Besides, if Teal'c and Carter/Selmak could safely return to the gate after releasing the poision in Last Stand, then other Tok'ra should be able to. Esp. if the poison was delivered from injection rather than inhalation.
      Excepth that it is inhalation, that is the only way Daniel would have been able to kill all the system lords in Summit. He was going to press the button releasing the toxin into the air.
      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by earck
        Excepth that it is inhalation, that is the only way Daniel would have been able to kill all the system lords in Summit. He was going to press the button releasing the toxin into the air.
        It doesn't make sense that a poison, which only harms the symbiont and not the host, must be breathed in to work. Injection would work too.

Comment

Sure it makes sense. Why would you create a weapon like that if you still had to fight, bluff or sneak your way past a System Lord's guards to use it?
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Sure it makes sense. Why would you create a weapon like that if you still had to fight, bluff or sneak your way past a System Lord's guards to use it?
            I do not follow: Why that is relevant to the effectiveness transmitting the poison intravenously (by a dart) verses breathing it in? The Tok'ra had to sneak the poison in since they needed to wait for all the System Lords to arrive. It was a matter of strategy - not the limitations of the poison.

I reiterate the fact that any poison, which is transmitted to the target via inhalation, must also work by intravenous injection. This fact must hold especially for this poison as it doesn't harm the host. Remember that the only method of transmission to the implanted Gou'old is through the host's bloodstream.

I don't understand why the physics of the poison is being debated. Granted, the super soldiers may have immunity due to Ancient healing rays or whatever they're called. ;-) However, the method of delivery shouldn't matter.

(BTW, this thread is straying off topic.)

Comment

An inhaled poison can be released into the air supply of a ship or station; you don't need to get to the System Lord's person to use it. If you made it an injection toxin you would have to get close enough that you might as well just shoot the guy.

As for why this is being discussed, you were the one who suggested that an injected toxin would be as effective. I argue that it would not be; not from the Tok'ra perspective; they want to kill lots of symbiotes for minimum risk, nt surreptitiously off a dissident with a poison-tipped umbrella.

Comment

I understand why the poison was released into the air in Sumit and Last Stand. I wasn't debating that.

The situation is different with the supersoldiers, and I proposed using the same weapon in a different way. Since the soldiers have masks on (and they can hold their breath for a long time), it would probably be more effective as a dart form for against them. Carter's darts successfully delivered her tranquilizer; however, the soldier was immune to it. Perhaps the Tok'ra poison would be more effective.

Comment

The tranquiliser though was presumably the Goa'uld specific one developed from the stasis fluid in the Osiris Jar; a Goa'uld killing poison might well not work either. Given that we have a functioning weapon, there seems little mileage in testing one that might well not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    The tranquiliser though was presumably the Goa'uld specific one developed from the stasis fluid in the Osiris Jar; a Goa'uld killing poison might well not work either. Given that we have a functioning weapon, there seems little mileage in testing one that might well not work.

but if you used the weapon as backup, you could still test another weapon's (the poison's) usefullness. wouldnt you want to have more than one effective weapon if you could?

Comment

That's a good idea. Perhaps a bomb or something that can be deployed from someone besides the infantry.

Comment

I'm just not sure how you'd go about testing it. Would you really want to shoot a super-soldier with a poison dart then give it a few minutes to see if it worked?

I suppose they could capture one, but that's fraught enough.

Comment

I think if you wanted to catch a soldier, you'd have to be very quick and sharp. Hanging about could get yourself killed, easily
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            SG-1 tried using darts before, but it just stays on the armour without any damage. It is basically impossible to eliminate one of the soldiers without the weapon SG-1 has. For example, it takes one soldier ten minutes to pass out when life support is disabled in a room
                            A fine tipped trinium dart will pass through the armor...it's probably just that the engineered host was very strong and able to overcome the tranqulizer itself.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, a trinium dart did go through the shield, but it had no effect. Then they used all the C4 and explosives. I think I'm going to be a super soldier
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X