This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siege 3 discussion with spoilers.

new spoilers came up today. this makes me even more confused than before as to how they get away with it and how
    Spoiler:
    they can pretend to be destroyed

when
    Spoiler:
    the entire wraith fleet arrives and the three hive ships just being a precursor, certainly goes against their territorial nature too, learnt in season two-parter

spoilers in the link - https://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/.../uncertain.gif
    Uncertain/woodrevealsthesiegepart3tw.shtml

theories? i'm so and excited all at the same time
    Last edited by Ganjaman; 27 May 2005, 02:29 PM.

Daedelus is toast, i just can't see them escaping the fleet of wraith ships...
    McKay: Even with the six symbols Lt. Ford provided, there are still hundreds of permutations-
    Sheppard: 720.
    McKay: Yes. I knew that, of course, I'm just... surprised you did.

Comment

Originally posted by mississippi
      Daedelus is toast, i just can't see them escaping the fleet of wraith ships...
      Well since we know the Daedelus survives but is grounded for a few episodes after the battle, I think the Daedelus is gonna kick some wraith tail. However, I think that it will have some help. Mabey a fully powered ZPM will unlock more drones are something, idk.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

Well in one apoiler for season 2 a guy says
        Spoiler:
        That they don't want to blow their cover. So this probably means that The Wraith think that the team is dead.

Comment

Is it official that they pretend to be destroyed or simply hidden?

Well if we assume the second set of hive ships come a while after the first three are destroyed (because they're slow like that), that would give them time to put the ZPM in place, get the shield up, sink the city, and perhaps use technology already in place within Atlantis to mask its appearance much like they do with the PJs. Then maybe the Wraith, seeing that the other hive ships have been destroyed, reasonably assume that Atlantis did the job, took off and is now gone.
          If they never found, or tried to reach the city in 10,000 years then maybe they assumed the Ancients found away to move the city without them realizing it and have done the same again... although that doesn't make them seem very smart.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Martin Gero (sp?) said on his little Q&A forum that they do not sink Atlantis when they get the ZPM. Even if they did, sinking the city alone woulden't hide them from the Wraith. The'yd need a cloak like u said.
            302's lead the way!

Comment

Martin G has already said that they won't be sinking the city though.

So What I'd imagine to happen is after Daedalus takes care of the current crop of Wraith ships & takes a good beating itself in the process. It senses a HS window & goes down to the city, Lands on one of the arms & they raise the shields.

When the ZPM is inserted some previously unknown weapons system comes online & starts firing at the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
                Martin G has already said that they won't be sinking the city though.

So What I'd imagine to happen is after Daedalus takes care of the current crop of Wraith ships & takes a good beating itself in the process. It senses a HS window & goes down to the city, Lands on one of the arms & they raise the shields.

When the ZPM is inserted some previously unknown weapons system comes online & starts firing at the new ones.
                i think this is most likely what happens. Martin Gero already said the deadulus surivees but is heavily wounded and becomes grounded for a few eps. I think a zpm unlocks some serious defenses.
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Okay my thoughts. Highlight below:

Shep takes out one of the ships and is to his his surprise is beamed onboard the deadalus leaving just one for the deadalus to take on, after it is badly damaged it destroyes the third wraith hive ship. It is forced to land. Atlantis manages to get the upper hand on the reaming wraiths with the help of the x302s.
                  Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Just how big will the second fleet of hive ships be? They have used up all there resource just to defend against the first 3 ships, there is no way they can fight off a second fleet of attack.

Comment

Huge...The first three where vanguards to test the atlantis defenses. A would guess at least six to nine hive ships if not more not to mention transport ships.
                      Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

I hope the Asgard can go to Pegasus and lay the smack down on the Wraith.

Comment

It's prety obvious what's probably going to occur here, at least if you read the spoilers for "lost boys".

Spoiler:
                          The other Wraith fleet that turns up is probably from a rival clan to the current Wraith fleet.

They're showing up because somebody wasn't as forthcoming as they probably should have been about the lush new feeding ground.

I predict the two Wraith fleets start blowing the crap out of each other to decide who gets possession of Atlantis and meanwhile Atlantis and the Daedalus just escape somehow in the confusion.

Comment

Do you all remember the SG1 episode with the asteroid made of naquadah. Flying atlantis might take a lot of power but not if you only moved it a bit. What if the daedalus could open a hyperspace window large enough that atlantis could fit through it. and they leave some shrapnel behind so everyone thinks they are dead. But yeah it looks like the fleet that comes will be a lot bigger than just the three hive ships that first came. I like your ideas people especially the territorial fighting one.

Comment

maybe the fleet thinks they escaped with the daedalus

Comment

Working...
                              X