• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliances ?

What do you think ? Which Alliance is more powerfull

The nox/Tollan or Asguard/Tauri

Just a question I've had in my head for some time

erm its us and the asgard.......stupid question really, the tollan are dead and the nox are probebly as well. not much of an allience there unless you mean the intergalatic dead society.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

I'm not so sure. Both the Tollan and the Asgard had problems with Anubis' upgraded shields, so I don't think either race are more advanced weapon-wise. The Asgard definitely have better hyperdrive engines (if that's what the Tollan used).

Although the Nox are pacifists, you have to remember they have the power to revive the dead. But the Tollan didn't think twice when Omoc died from a heart attack, which proves their medicine isn't too advanced.

As for us, we're the only race who haven't developed our own technology. So in conclusion, I don't have a clue who's more powerful.

Comment

Tollan dead aka no alliance/ Nox do nothing ignorant as the ancients (Omoc was killed)
        Our alliance is better end of.
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I don't believe we ever really HAD a very good alliance with the Tollan.....we really helped them more than they helped us, and by not helping us with technology, basically spelled their own demise. So, the answer must be the Taur'i and the Asgard, at least they help us to "kick butt", after we saved theirs.

As for the Nox, great little guys, would love to see them again, but WHAT alliance? Again, they did little to help us in actual fact and we didn't do a thing to help them. And I'm talking BIG picture, not their saving the lives of SG-1, or Lya helping to move a canon (which really helped the Tollan, not us).

Just my opinion......
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            erm its us and the asgard.......stupid question really, the tollan are dead and the nox are probebly as well. not much of an allience there unless you mean the intergalatic dead society.
            Good point we dont know if the now delt with the Replicators -especcially from Reckoning , the probalbly hid in their flying invisble city

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
              But the Tollan didn't think twice when Omoc died from a heart attack, which proves their medicine isn't too advanced.
              Actually I think it was confirmed in that episode that he was murdered.

Comment

Maybe I should have put quotation marks around the 'heart attack'.

What I meant was that the Tollan didn't seem surprised that Omoc died from a supposed heart attack. If they could stop heart attacks, then covering a murder up with one would be like the NID murdering Hammond and then covering it up with scurvy.

Comment

The asgard deffently, they remebember who there freinds are. We may be doing all the foot work but they or deffently not sending us out empty handed.

the only thing I saw good out of the nox/tollan society was a cool looking stargate.
                  Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

It is a difficult desicion, you see there are positive and negative points to both.

As powerful as the Asgard and Us aliance would be, the Nox still have a lot of power, and seems mental, this seems like it would be more powerful. We could attack with the entire resources of Earth at our dispense and the entire asgard fleet and the Nox would just make us disapear. The Nox play it defensivly, and still they have an incredible advantage over us, if they decided to switch to an offensive we would have no chance, they would dial up Earth, then they could teleport themselves through the iris, and make us disapear. Either that or they transport the iris away, then they could come through and make us disapear again, they could take in no time, we could do nothing.

Owen Macri

Comment

yeah that only IF the noz went offensive; ud have more chance of the others outfitting earth with the most advanced weapons and shields possible and then stationing themselves ( in glowy form) around the planet as a defencive barrior while chanting 'we are the waiting' !
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                      X