No announcement yet.

Spirits (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a classic stand-alone episode, with a story that is as quickly forgotten as it was written.

It's not a bad episode, and I do kinda like the premise that you just can't go around, hopping from planet to planet and pretend like you own the place, and just take without asking. And still take when the people have said no, and then deal with the consequences of those actions.

I said it before but I think the prop-department did an amazing job with the settlement and the indigenous artworks, and the costume department equally deserves praise -- for both Tonane's people as the aliens posing as Zels and Tokaya.

I really do enjoy the mention of other cultures but like I said, they are usually quickly forgotten again.

How would you rate SG-1's "Spirits?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Why did you skip The Tok'ra?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Why did you skip The Tok'ra?
        I didn't -- that's just not the order on my DVD's. Spirits is the episode before the Tok'ra.

Comment

Dropping off the 3-episode (Spirits, The Tok'ra I & II) quiz -- THIS WAY!

And the jigsaw puzzle for the episode -- Spirits

Comment

Then your DVDS are the wrong order. I looked it up. Tok'ra aired first
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Then your DVDS are the wrong order. I looked it up. Tok'ra aired first
              They are in the wrong order. But there's more that's simply hilarious. The first two in my set of season 2 have language options Deutsch and English, but from disc 3 onwards the language options change to Français, Italiano and English.

Comment

Why is there 'no correct answer' for Tok'Ra. I seem to recall when it was explained to him who they were Daniel remarking "Of course. against Ra" or "Of course, Anti Ra"
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  Why is there 'no correct answer' for Tok'Ra. I seem to recall when it was explained to him who they were Daniel remarking "Of course. against Ra" or "Of course, Anti Ra"
                  Oh shoot, I though I'd got them all this time. Sorry, I'll fix it right away.

Thanks for noting.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Oh shoot, I though I'd got them all this time. Sorry, I'll fix it right away.

Thanks for noting.
                    13 out of 15. Not bad for a second try. I only forgot 2 answers from the first try

We do not talk about the jigsaw (I think the first try was better than the second)
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

13 out of 15. Not bad for a second try. I only forgot 2 answers from the first try
                      Woops!

We do not talk about the jigsaw (I think the first try was better than the second)
                      Practice makes perfect.

And I'll catch up eventually with the jigsaw puzzles. I'm most certainly doing the hard one.

Comment

You should be banished to Netu for that episode.

You ever notice Roger Cross is in everything. I think what really makes this episode great is the Native American. It's not a culture that gets shown a lot. I just like exploring this one a little. Granted, its obvious the Spirits were aliens but it's hard not to fault them. I think I would be angry if someone was trying to decieve my people. I was also wondering if Jack is hypocritical criticizing the aliens posing as gods. After all that is what the Asgards do.

Five minutes and 23 seconds
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

EDIT: I thought it was strange that a person who never had a command to lead SG1
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

EDIT: I thought it was strange that a person who never had a command to lead SG1
                            And does not get that same command when the Colonel is incapacitated again in The Fifth Race.

Comment

Another reason to love The Fifth Race
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

7 minutes 18 seconds

Full 2 minutes slower... darn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X