No announcement yet.

Spirits (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually no. I like learning about 'em, but I hate eating 'em. Didn't even like them when I was only a few months old in the womb. My mom ate some tuna, I made her sick. Big protest there.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

[sigh] Poor thing. You have NO idea what you're missing...and incidentally, we're having salmon for dinner tonight.

Just in case anyone's interested, it's awfully hard to eat tuna salad while watching this ep. Ewww.

Comment

not my favorite episode but my god where the indians funny, i loved tonane, hes so great, theyre so laid back and casual!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Caught this again last night, and I gotta say, this is still one of the eps that I truly don't like. The whole premise just seemed kinda stale. There's so many cool things you could do with Native American culture and this was the best they could come up with? And the whole clapping thing just looked stupid. The only useful thing that it did was introduce the concept of trinium.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I like how laid back Tonane was. A funny guy firm in his beliefs… I agree with the earlier poster; it was a nice change from the usual egotistical Goa’uld enemy of the week...
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I like this ep especially Tonane. He had such a laid back attitude it was great.
              SG-1 "Can we have our Weapons?"
              Tonane "Sure."
              SG-1 "Can we see your spirits?"
              Tonane "Sure."

The aliens were cool too. At first i was worried that the people they beemed away died. But then i realized this was S2 and that Hammond was still alive and it was S8 now. The aliens were really cool. They would be such a deadly enemy. Worse then the Ree'tou.

Comment

Did anyone notice something really weird about the very beginning? They said the SG team was overdue and they were talking about going in. Then they had an incoming wormhole, and before it even initialized(chevrons were going in one by one this time) the iris lady said, SG-(i think it was 8?) is coming back. They never closed the iris, and never mentioned recieving a GDO signal. Also, an arrow (later it was said shot by Tonane) shot through the super bullet proof glass but stopped halfway through O-Neill's arm. If it could go through the glass, I'm pretty sure it would go right through the arm too and probably embed itself in the wall. Also, don't you think they would have been a little worried about a team coming back a day late? You would expect the iris to be closed....Just kind of, a ridiculous beginning but I did love the rest of the show, especially the "Can we go now?" "Sure" part.

Comment

Arrows go through bullet-proof glass, it's not what the glass is designed to stop. However, they will lose energy in doing so, which is why it didn't go deeper into O'Neill's shoulder.

The iris was open because they suffered from one of the SGC's periodic moments of plot-related intense stupidity.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The native showing SG-.75 around bugged me. He seemed too happy, preternaturally so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit
                      Did anyone notice something really weird about the very beginning? They said the SG team was overdue and they were talking about going in. Then they had an incoming wormhole, and before it even initialized(chevrons were going in one by one this time) the iris lady said, SG-(i think it was 8?) is coming back. They never closed the iris, and never mentioned recieving a GDO signal. Also, an arrow (later it was said shot by Tonane) shot through the super bullet proof glass but stopped halfway through O-Neill's arm. If it could go through the glass, I'm pretty sure it would go right through the arm too and probably embed itself in the wall. Also, don't you think they would have been a little worried about a team coming back a day late? You would expect the iris to be closed....Just kind of, a ridiculous beginning but I did love the rest of the show, especially the "Can we go now?" "Sure" part.
                      IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO SOME OF YOU QUESTIONS! IM GLAD THAT SOMEONE RELISED THIS TOO!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

There is a wonderful thing, used by all writers, producers and directors....called "plot holes". Get used to it.

As for the epi itself, I thought Spirits was one of the most boring of all the SG-1 shows. Tonane was so irritating, with his constant smiling and I just didn't think that Hammond was written to character.

The only redeeming feature, was it showed that our governemt will do anything to obtain something it think it needs, without regard to humans, their right of domain, etc.
                        Last edited by Lida; 26 July 2005, 07:53 AM.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

plot holes? What plot holes? There are no plot holes!

Although this episode did have a few.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            There is a wonderful thing, used by all writers, producers and directors....called "plot holes". Get used to it.

As for the epi itself, I thought Spirits was one of the most boring of all the SG-1 shows. Tonane was so irritating, with his constant smiling and I just didn't think that Hammond was written to character.

plot holes?

I think Tonane constant smiling was funny! it was a good episode coz it had action in it too!

Comment

I remember the first time I watched this...I was off school because I was ill and watched this during the day on Sky One....anyway, this episode is okay. Not great, but not the worst ep ever.

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
                                I remember the first time I watched this...I was off school because I was ill and watched this during the day on Sky One....anyway, this episode is okay. Not great, but not the worst ep ever.

i agree

Comment

Working...
                                X