Spirits (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    However, I must add that the prop-department did an outstanding job with the props and statues.
    Helps that they had local sources.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      Helps that they had local sources.
      What do you mean?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Salish are indigenous to the Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by kimberlyrose View Post
          The Salish are indigenous to the Pacific Northwest.
          Ah, like that... now, I get it.

However, they still have to build the props, doing a pretty good job too.

Comment

Ah, like that... now, I get it.

However, they still have to build the props, doing a pretty good job too.
            I don't know the business, but they may have borrowed some. There's a good museum in Vancouver with a lot of artifacts, ancient and modern.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

They probably were allowed to view them in a more close-up way -- however, artifacts from museums are rarely let out of their glass cages.

Comment

An average episode. A moral message coming through every little minute, a new culture to explore, not just your typical ex-Egypt civilization. It was nice to see some alien aliens again, and quite a powerful ones to that matter.

Sam's first command went smooth enough for her, I think, though I found the episode quirky a little until I read here that RDA needed to be written out of the screen nearly in the last few hours before the shooting. A pity that those aliens were never explored again, hence a lower rating.

And Tonane is a great guy, the actor did a real great job on putting on the role for the episode. The Indians look like they never even were touched by the West, so they're very trusting and faithful. Well, makes sense, as seemingly they were taken when Rome was collapsing

Rating: 5/10.
                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 11 January 2014, 11:28 AM.
                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

I always like it when there are some animals. But poor doggie - it had its tail tied down to make it look like a wolf. Anyway the dog didn't seem to feel troubled.
                  Nice plot and back to the base.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Poor dog, indeed... but without it we wouldn't have had a wolf in the first place, since there's a ban on wolf animal actors.

Comment

Poor dog, indeed... but without it we wouldn't have had a wolf in the first place, since there's a ban on wolf animal actors.
                      There is? I have never heard of this.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, in British Columbia it's forbidden to use wild animals on set - so the dog had to be made wolf-like and wolves don't carry their tails high.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Since i am doing a re-watch of SG1 from start to finish i am currently just past this ep and was wondering..

Later on iirc in S5-6 area, when we get introduced to the Promethus project, we hear the ship's been built with trinium in it.. BUT IF the Sallesh buried their gate, HOW did we get the trinium?? Did any later ep ever make mention of that?

Comment

I seem to recall that they found at least one other planet with trinium on it, but don't recall the specifics.

Seaboe

Comment

Well, it wasn't soon after the Spirits ep, cause when Sokar was bombarding the IRIS in "Serpents song" they had reinforced the Iris with a Trinium/steel blend...

Comment

Another trinium mine is mentioned in "Between Two Fires" (S5E9). At that point, their supply was apparently large enough for them to regularly provide the Tollan with the trinium they needed for the phase shifting tech.

TRAVELL
                                Our scientists will work out the specifics, but given that you now have an offworld trinium mine, I am sure it's within your capabilities.
                                We have no idea when this occurred since it happened off-screen, but regarding their use of trinium in making a new iris two episodes after "Spirits," my assumption is that it was built using trinium from their initial mining operation, prior to being shut down by those spirit posing aliens. It was mentioned that Sg-11 had increased output...

"Currently extracting an average of 47 pounds of Trinium ore per day to increase our production four-fold as the engineers have requested…" It's a requisition request from Captain Conner. He just stops in mid-sentence.
                                So apparently they had been successfully mining smaller amounts for an unknown period of time before being stopped when they amped up their efforts. We don't know how long they had been at it for or what amounts were sent back through the Stargate previously. The episode starts with Hammond showing Sg-1 an impure sample that came from Sg-11's initial reconnaissance, but it's never stated that that was the only trinium they had. I would expect that that was just one of multiple samples they initially brought back with them and, regarding their mining operation, Hammond simply said that Sg-11 had been sent back to the planet to extract more and mentions them being late for a weekly check-in. How long they had been at it for and what the results were are things that were never mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X