No announcement yet.

Spirits (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting episode, and I loved the Native American mythology. The gilled aliens were very cool too. It did bother me that some, particularly Jack, pronounced Xe'Is like Zeus. I'm not sure how it should be pronounced, however.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool episode. I really liked Tunanes character.

Comment

one Arrow shot hit Jack O'neill's right arm. Hammorad shocking at window Hole!

Ouch!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

I liked the scenery and the general honesty with the people on the planet. The 'spirits' were an interesting type of 'god-figure'... I thought it was a good ep.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Ok, what is this, the season to skewer Jack? poor guy, at least it was the other shoulder this time. Had to laugh at the beginning briefing as they pass around the Trinium...Jack is surrounded by people who love rocks.

I love Tonane. He's calm, cool and collected, not an idiot, but a trusting, kind guy. It's cute how he talks to Sam as if she's his pal. "Can we have our weapons back?" "Ok."
            Sam struggled to talk to the wolf, didn't she? I have to wonder if Daniel was hanging back when she was talking to the wolf because she was in charge and he didn't want to usurp her command. he went right ahead and talked to Xe'ls as soon as he showed up, so its clear he didn't have a problem talking to the animal, he just was letting her lead. It would've been fun to see that scene play out with Jack there!
            On the planet was Sam's chance to shine. First command, she did seem a bit tense and overzealous, but i think it was a great character piece that showed Sam is more military minded and skeptical than sometimes is noted. It was a good episode displaying those "pesky moral" issues, really for one of the first times.

I love how Jack totally takes charge of the situation...and I like how he handed Sam the pistol and she cocked it for him by the armory. nice bit of mind-reading and team work.
            The storeroom scene with Tonane and Daniel was adorable. "Can I go home now?"
            and gotta love that Jack and Daniel can read each other well enough to know they aren't possessed by aliens. The classic "are you you?" and "because" conversations, as only these two can do them! I love this episode.
            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

1/10

Bad acting and a totally disposable episode.
              Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
                1/10

Bad acting and a totally disposable episode.
                I disagree it showed us an alien group that pretended to be gods, in a completly different way to the Goa'uld. I think it is important to show a few different type of aliens so that we get that there are others out there that aren't as in your face as the main aliens, perhaps for scope...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

A few thoughts:

Liked Tonane, although his use of "yeah" and "okay" bugged me. I have a hard time accepting that someone on another planet would be using contemporary North American colloquialisms.

I actually didn't think Hammond was out of character. He had orders that he was expected to carry out. His tone of voice made it pretty clear that he wasn't happy with the situation.

Sam... I liked the way Amanda portrayed her. Now, as I understand it, the episode as written had Jack going off world (and not being hit by the arrow). A lot of Sam's lines in the off world scenes were actually written for Jack. They were given to Sam when they had to reduce RDA's screen time for this episode. However, they worked when Amanda said them. *sigh* Sam was a much better character when she was a Soldier Who Happened To Be A Woman, and not when she was The Girl. I miss early seasons Sam...

I wondered about something in the scene where they hear the raven, and Daniel and Teal'c say they heard Xe'Ls (sp?) say he'd release the other SG folks. Tonane says he heard Xe'Ls say he'd think about it. So, did Daniel and Teal'c really hear something in the raven's call, or are they just making it up? (I'd like to think it was the former.)

Comment

Originally posted by kimberlyrose View Post

Sam... I liked the way Amanda portrayed her. Now, as I understand it, the episode as written had Jack going off world (and not being hit by the arrow). A lot of Sam's lines in the off world scenes were actually written for Jack. They were given to Sam when they had to reduce RDA's screen time for this episode. However, they worked when Amanda said them. *sigh* Sam was a much better character when she was a Soldier Who Happened To Be A Woman, and not when she was The Girl. I miss early seasons Sam...
                    amanda really did make those words into sam's perfectly!

sam seemed like a later version of sam, b/c she was allowed to take on the leader role (b/c rick had to pull out for the birth of his daughter). but it just showed what sam could be like if given the chance (to lead), and amanda was waaaay ready to take on that role!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

What is the real deal about the "spirits" who in fact were humanoids with gills instead of noses?? Where did they originally come from to get involved with the Salish, who were originally brought to their planet by the goa''ulds?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                        What is the real deal about the "spirits" who in fact were humanoids with gills instead of noses?? Where did they originally come from to get involved with the Salish, who were originally brought to their planet by the goa''ulds?
                        At some point The Goa'uld visited the planet where the "Spirits" lived and brought humans(Salish) to the planet as slaves (from earth i suppose). The "Spirits" fought of the Goa'ulds off and the Salish were thankful and started calling them the "Spirits"(the Spirits, as they understood it "Guardian Spirits" was just their way of explaining things and their ancestors believed in them, so the aliens just took the form of their "Spirits"). And so they lived together on one planet in harmony. Where did they come from.. maybe they evolved there ? Who knows
                        RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Originally posted by Zaany View Post
                          At some point The Goa'uld visited the planet where the "Spirits" lived and brought humans(Salish) to the planet as slaves (from earth i suppose). The "Spirits" fought of the Goa'ulds off and the Salish were thankful and started calling them the "Spirits"(the Spirits, as they understood it "Guardian Spirits" was just their way of explaining things and their ancestors believed in them, so the aliens just took the form of their "Spirits"). And so they lived together on one planet in harmony. Where did they come from.. maybe they evolved there ? Who knows
                          Those gills are pretty ugly aren't they?!

Comment

The point of this show is to meet other species(for one) as it were. Would be pretty boring if they all looked human.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaany View Post
                              The point of this show is to meet other species(for one) as it were. Would be pretty boring if they all looked human.
                              But they do look human except for those gills. By contrast the Asgards don't look so bad!

Comment

True but they can change into anything they want

Comment

Working...
                                X