• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirits (213)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213

SG-1 finds a planet inhabited by Native Americans, protected by spirits who are actually advanced alien shapeshifters.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:30 PM.

I like this ep., if only for the laid back natives, especially Tonane.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I liked this episode - paticularly as it explored the concept of guardian spirits and their effects on the way of life the people have... ok, so I'm a huge geek - who cares?

Comment

This episode made me say 'eww', their faces, or to be more specific, their nose area was just... sickening, i liked it though, hahah... i'm such a freak right now, maybe i'll stop drinking drpepper right now
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

littlemigueljr, I've noticed you getting a little hyper around the boards in the past two or three days. Maybe you should lay of Dr Pepper! lol

A good episode, but I thought it was strange and could have been better!
          __

__

Comment

Hello, first time in this forum. I really liked this episode, Tonane was so cool, and as usual The Guys did the right thing, Daniel was so cute in the store room showing the toilet paper to Tonane. It was one of my favorites But I would be hard pressed to come up with one I didn't love.
            Last edited by Roatbaum; 05 June 2004, 02:18 AM. Reason: missspelled word

Comment

Cool, I know what you mean - oh, and welcome - Be sure to come say Hi to us all in off-topic chatter, there's a thread for new members ^_^

Comment

It was a bit of a white guilt sledgehammer though, wasn't it; like someone smacking you round the head with a placard that read: "exploiting the natives is bad!"
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  It was a bit of a white guilt sledgehammer though, wasn't it; like someone smacking you round the head with a placard that read: "exploiting the natives is bad!"
                  Yes it was, and I think the other message was don't destroy the natual resourses of this or any planet... hmmm wonder if RDA made any suggestions on the script
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

There was a lot of this in early SG-1. One of the problems with Enemy Mine was that it was a bit of a revisiting of this not-too subtle moralising.

Comment

Ahh c'mon.. The whole indigenous peoples' rights thing has to keep coming up.. We're dealing with humans here. Especially the Tauri. Remember the Armenians? The various African tribes? The various North and South American groups? Tibet? I could keep going for a while...
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Yes; and this is more or less the point. I do remember. Most people remember. We can get ahold of the issue without having to have someone jumping up every five minutes to go: "Look! They're native Americans! It's allegorical you fools!"

Comment

If most people remembered, then it wouldn't be an issue.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Finally natives that don't want to kill people.

Comment

Those spirt alien things were ugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X