No announcement yet.

The Tok'ra, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they took such a long time faffing around getting Jacob blended it was starting to annoy.

Cool with the collapsing tunnels and I always love the ring transports. But apart from that: I still don't like the Tok'ra.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Still don't like Garshaw. Love Martouf/Lantash! Selmak and Jacob make for an excellent blend.

Tele-ball-thingies, and apparently also old joysticks in gold paint. I noticed it for the first time that is what Garshaw puts in the box when they are evacuating.

Jacob's reaction to Sam telling him about the Stargate project is priceless.

So is Teal'c's reaction to the tunnel - loosely translated Very Cool!.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked the line from before Jacob blended with Selmak:

"You are no vision of beauty yourself!"
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Definately better than the first part. Not as slow, even if the action is mostly disguised, character development is much faster, and it's always nice to see some spaceship scenes and fighter wing action, even if for a brief.

Jacob is much better here, his reactions are priceless and dialogue is humourous enough to crack the dramatic moments up. A lot of desperation driven actions here too, like Jacob blending to avoid death or Cordesh's host jumping into the tunnels unable to deal with being an evil kind of Goa'Uld. By way, that seemed pretty nasty way to die.

A sort of ally finally found to battle the System Lords and through Jack's actions to catch the spy they somewhat thaw a little toward the Earth.

Golden joysticks are awesome, just noticed them myself

Rating: 8/10.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Good final of a good and important two parter - now there are new possibilities for Earth - at least that can be hoped. O'Neill will never like the Tok'ra.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Loved the conclusion to this one. And certainly Selmak took some of the rough edges off Jacob.
              sigpic

Comment

I always wondered what happened to Garshaw of Belote. She WAS the Grand Chancellor of the Tokra after all. So it stood to reason that she would recurr later (I guess subject to Sarah Douglas availability)

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
                  I always wondered what happened to Garshaw of Belote. She WAS the Grand Chancellor of the Tokra after all. So it stood to reason that she would recurr later (I guess subject to Sarah Douglas availability)
                  Maybe she wasn't meant to travel around, just luke the generals of Stargate Command.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Maybe. Ive mentioned in other threads that its a shame that Stargate had so many in and out guest Stars. It makes sense sometimes, but in the case of Garshaw it would of been interesting to see her in the role that Perseus was later.

Comment

A more action-packed second half.

So, a spy among the Tok'ra, working to destroy them. The Goa'uld tried and failed to catch the Tok'ra at their own game. That's interesting.

And hallelujah, we do have something the Tok'ra need -- hosts. And an immediate alliance when Jacob agrees to blend with Selmak. A match made in sarcasm-heaven.

The tunnel-effects are wicked, by the way, all the way to the creecking sound of them forming and collapsing.

Also, still amused by the old aircraft joystickes Garshaw is putting away in a box when the Tok'ra are evacuating. Really curious what they are used for.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Tok'ra, Part 2?"

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible

Dropping off the 3-episode (Spirits, The Tok'ra I & II) quiz -- THIS WAY!

And the jigsaw puzzle for the episode -- The Tok'ra I
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 04 January 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Actually I think the whole Goa'uld attacking is unnecessary. Star Trek has taught me you don't just need action to make the episode interesting. I enjoyed the episode enough just by having Selmack getting to know Jacob and the host exchange. Character building is just as important which is what I like about this episode
                        The Jacob and Sam interaction is great. Although it seems like we never touch on the prospect of the Tok'ra using dying humans as hosts. I can honestly seeing humans agreeing to sharing a body to live longer. I think I would do it.

330 seconds
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I think I got you beat: 304 seconds

Comment

I think that was the day I was home sick
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

9:49. Chuffed.
                              "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
                                9:49. Chuffed.
                                Hey now -- you solved in your own time.

Don't mind that "friendly" competition between Jelgate and I.

Comment

Working...
                                X