This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM
    I have not been involved in anything with Amanda as yet. I can't speak on her character. I don't even think she is a fighter, that is, a hand to hand fighter, per say.
    Au contraire! In the silly season one episode, Emancipation, she described herself as being proficient in "level three, advanced" hand-to-hand combat training. Captain Carter defeated the leader of a tribal clan in a (not quite mortal) knife fight so women would get more rights on that planet. Ford's style reminds me a little bit of her personality as a soldier in the first episodes.

It seems strange now, but Carter had a much more aggressive personality nine years ago. She has pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 at 8-plus G's; logged over a hundred hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War; and challenged O'Neill to arm wrestling. And don't forget that infamous line from the pilot, "just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle." Carter's badass!
    Last edited by Lord You; 26 May 2005, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
      You look really in shape, how many many hours a day do you spend with working out, and doing your personal training, I've noticed you work a lot.
      I'm lucky some days to find time to get an hour on the treadmill, I can't imagine how you find time
      I'm not a personal trainer, but I do teach martial arts to actors. I try to train myself at least, 4 days a week. If I can, I get to the gym at about 730 pm, after work, and leave at about 1030 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by David
        So what we saw in the conference room was your rough cut for Runner that was going to go to the editor?
        Yes, the editor took it and modeled the scene from that. That was my rehearsal footage, edited, of course. The director did not shoot it exactly the way that I did, because of time, and his own creative plan for it. I am very happy with the end result, and applaud all parties involved. Of course, none of the fans out there know what I am talking about, and will have to wait until the airdate, but I hope that I answered your question David. The director was Martin Wood, by the way. One of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
          Hi, Bam.

I know you're only currently around half way through the season right now.

Most of the combat will be by personal weapons like the P90. However Do you have a rough idea what'll be the main style of MA's that we'll get to see the most off this year or will it be varied.

Thanks..
          Yes I do have an idea, but I don't know which show you are talking about. or which character's style.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
            I'm finding this discussion fascinating. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Are you the one in the knight's costume in the fight with Mitchell in the first eps of Stargate?
            Costume? What Costume? Knight? What are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Lazenby
              Bam Bam told me about this board, and the first thing I want to say is that it's nice to visit a troll-free zone for once! Everyone is so polite here, it's a nice break from some other boards I could mention.

Thanks to 2BAM for putting my name out there. Rest assured that the flying armbar I did with Rainbow was almost all him. Rainbow really committed himself to making that move look cool, and didn't even care that he had only a concrete floor to land on. I walked away from work that day with a good deal of respect for Mr. Fuchs.

And don't let Bam Bam be overly modest here, folks. The guy is a virtual encyclopedia of fighting techniques--not to mention that he has a better kickboxing record than me, and I'm the damn Canadian champ! He has been an invaluable training partner whose ridiculous displays of ring skill have helped me to prepare for several of my fights. Along with my trainer Chris Franco, Bam Bam is a big reason why I keep winning.

Groundfighting is a very new thing to him, but I have never seen anyone pick up on it more quickly. Judging by the rate of his progress, he will be a legitimate threat on the ground in no time. I've always bugged him to include more grappling in his fight scenes (to which he responded by using a rolling crucifix neck crank on "Jeremiah"), and I suspect that as he amasses more knowledge in submissions, you may see more ground action in coming episodes.

I consider myself lucky to be able to work with someone so skilled, and so passionate about the business.
              Thanx Paul............................That was a bigger speech then when you took the mike after your last fight!! LOL! No really, thanx for the kind words, and for not tearing my shoulder out at the gym tonight.

Comment

Uh...............................ok. Badass she is then. Like I said before, I have never been around to see her character fight.
                Originally posted by Lord You
                Au contraire! In the silly season one episode, Emancipation, she described herself as being proficient in "level three, advanced" hand-to-hand combat training. Captain Carter defeated the leader of a tribal clan in a (not quite mortal) knife fight so women would get more rights on that planet. Ford's style reminds me a little bit of her personality as a soldier in the first episodes.

It seems strange now, but Carter had a much more aggressive personality nine years ago. She has pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 at 8-plus G's; logged over a hundred hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War; and challenged O'Neill to arm wrestling. And don't forget that infamous line from the pilot, "just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle." Carter's badass!

Comment

I have a really stupid question; you do sleep, right? I know why I am awake, I am at work. I see you in here at 2:00 a.m. and then again early in the morning. I would love to know your secret. Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    I have a really stupid question; you do sleep, right? I know why I am awake, I am at work. I see you in here at 2:00 a.m. and then again early in the morning. I would love to know your secret. Thanks.
                    Yes............eventually I sleep. It takes me quite awhile to sleep after getting back from the gym at night. I don't wind down that easy, especially if there are fight scenes I have to think about. Check out the earlier entries on this thread regarding the dreams choreography. I can't sleep until that stuff gets out of my head. In addition, I made a commitment to answer the questions presented to me on this thread, so...........I don't even try to sleep until I have answered everybody.

Comment

Hi Bam Bam

I basically just wanted to say thank for coming here to post! I really think you've brought a harder, more realistic edge to the fighting on Atlantis (not that I know much about martial arts...that's my brother's department) that was missing on SG for quite some time (not that the Jaffa aren't bad-ass).

Personally, I wanna see Teyla try to teach Rodney a thing or two with her sticks . Or better yet, Shep.
                      I bet McKay would pick up quicker than either of them expects .

Hope to see you make an appearance on-screen again too..that was nice work (though I hear there was an accident or something?).

Comment

Groundfighting is a very new thing to him, but I have never seen anyone pick up on it more quickly. Judging by the rate of his progress, he will be a legitimate threat on the ground in no time. I've always bugged him to include more grappling in his fight scenes (to which he responded by using a rolling crucifix neck crank on "Jeremiah"), and I suspect that as he amasses more knowledge in submissions, you may see more ground action in coming episodes.
                        BamBam- Funny... I had no idea before reading this that you worked on Jeremiah, but I was watching an episode today and the fight scenes made me think of some of your work on Atlantis! (I'm not sure if I saw that particular move since I don't know much about fighting..)

Comment

Costume? What Costume? Knight? What are you referring to?
                          In the first or second episode of SG-1, you had mentioned a big fight with Ben Browder that took 12 hours to film and 6 hours to rehearse, or something like that. And that the fight involved broadswords. There's a picture that was released showing Mitchell holding a sword and facing a knight in a complete set of armor, also holding a sword. I assumed that Mitchell and the knight had the fight, and I wondered if it was you under all that armor.

Comment

I'm not a personal trainer, but I do teach martial arts to actors. I try to train myself at least, 4 days a week. If I can, I get to the gym at about 730 pm, after work, and leave at about 1030 pm.

OMG I remember the days when I worked out at night. I now try to get to the gym at around 8am until like noon, there is no one around at that time. Around here the gyms are packed after 3pm, No wonder we see your posts at like 2-3 am LOL You know this is california where the motto could be, "Body by nautilus, brain by mattel" LOL
                            and of course Welcome to Paul, hope you enjoy Gate World

I have another question, I was glancing over the Canada Stunt site on your resume and saw listed Repelling and it says Repelling and Aussie Repelling, what is the differance between regular repelling and aussie repelling?
                            Last edited by Saqqara; 27 May 2005, 05:56 AM.

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

Bam Bam told me about this board, and the first thing I want to say is that it's nice to visit a troll-free zone for once! Everyone is so polite here, it's a nice break from some other boards I could mention.

Thanks to 2BAM for putting my name out there. Rest assured that the flying armbar I did with Rainbow was almost all him. Rainbow really committed himself to making that move look cool, and didn't even care that he had only a concrete floor to land on. I walked away from work that day with a good deal of respect for Mr. Fuchs.

And don't let Bam Bam be overly modest here, folks. The guy is a virtual encyclopedia of fighting techniques--not to mention that he has a better kickboxing record than me, and I'm the damn Canadian champ! He has been an invaluable training partner whose ridiculous displays of ring skill have helped me to prepare for several of my fights. Along with my trainer Chris Franco, Bam Bam is a big reason why I keep winning.

I consider myself lucky to be able to work with someone so skilled, and so passionate about the business.
                              Nice to see you Mr. Lazenby, and hope you'll keep up with us and join us from time to time.

Comment

Mr Fuchs eh? Dare I ask either of you what that's all about???

Nice to see you here Paul...

Oh and BamBam...remember this comment???

Originally posted by 2Bam
                                I don't know of any Kali masters in the UK at this time but I bet there is plenty of info on the net.
                                You'll be pleased to know, I did eventually find one...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X