This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM
    You can tell by watching the class if it is right for you. Look at all of the intermediate and advanced students.................are they in shape? Do they have the bodies that you are looking to have for yourself? If yes, then go for it!! I wish that I could remember you, that was a long time ago. What was the name of your character, and what scene were we in together? Was it by the docks, on the water?
    LOL I sent you a PM it wouldn't have been hard to miss me back then, think Pamela Anderson only not as dingy..although LOL

Ok, will do there is a dojo right down the street I keep looking at, cool and again thank you for your answers since I'm kind of stuck in a 10 and should be an 8 to get back in front of the camera LOL But it's all good

And to be honest, I remember faces more then episodes, I'm sorry and 1999 I did so many that year it was unreal, Lots of shower scenes
    Last edited by Saqqara; 21 May 2005, 09:01 PM.

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
      That particular takedown is called a flying armbar, and it is very effective. <snip> Don't just try this at home though, it is a very painful technique! Thanx for your interest!
      Not even to discipline my 4 year old...?! Oh drats!

Thanks a million for answering my question!

I'm a huge fan of HK martial arts films and was wondering if there's any possibility of wirework in the future... flying aliens and that sort of thing...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hi there!

I know that some actors enjoy doing stunts. As a professional stunt man where do you draw the line at what you won't let someone do full stop even though they may be up for it?

Comment

Thanks for answering my question before, and I have another if that's okay.

I saw you were stunt double for Jonothan LaPaglia on Seven Days, and given that there doesn't at first glance appear to be that much fighting on the show, certainly not like Teyla's sparring on SGA atleast, I was wondering what kind of stunts you ended up doing on the show? Forgive me if there was some kind of sparring on the show, I only ever got to see first half of Season 1 so wouldn't know if there had been anything later on.

Comment

Hello again!
            This only occured to me just now...

The Electronic Entertainment Expo is upon us, and one of the many new games being previewed is the first/third-person action-shooter, Stargate SG1: the Alliance. As someone who professionally coreographs the action scenes on Stargate, have you had any involvement with the game? And if so, can you tell us about it?
            I know its probably a long shot that you are involved, but you know what they say: ...ask...questions...'n stuff...

Yours in generation,
            The White Knight

Comment

Hi,
              My question is you've worked on both SGA and SG-1 so out of Teal'c and Teyla who is the more skilled fighter?
              Btw ur doin a great job on the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                Not even to discipline my 4 year old...?! Oh drats!

Thanks a million for answering my question!

I'm a huge fan of HK martial arts films and was wondering if there's any possibility of wirework in the future... flying aliens and that sort of thing...
                There is always a possibility, as this is one of my specialties................I try not to incorporate wires unless they are justified though. Personally, I am not a big fan of the "no-gravity" look, but using wires to enhance athletics is cool. Jackie Chan is a master of wires without making it look like there are any..................example: "Drunken Master 2".

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                  Hi there!

I know that some actors enjoy doing stunts. As a professional stunt man where do you draw the line at what you won't let someone do full stop even though they may be up for it?
                  Each case is individual depending on the abilities of the actor. Sometimes the gag is far too dangerous, ie. will hurt no matter what precautions are taken, or ie. too many variables involved. This is when a stunt double is mandatory. At a certain point, the insurance company needs to know that the actor is protected from harms way, and the production needs to have the actor back and able to work the next day. Some stunt will hurt no matter what, this is the line.................ie. being hit by a car.....etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Thanks for answering my question before, and I have another if that's okay.

I saw you were stunt double for Jonothan LaPaglia on Seven Days, and given that there doesn't at first glance appear to be that much fighting on the show, certainly not like Teyla's sparring on SGA atleast, I was wondering what kind of stunts you ended up doing on the show? Forgive me if there was some kind of sparring on the show, I only ever got to see first half of Season 1 so wouldn't know if there had been anything later on.
                    I only doubled Johnathon a few times, and was not his regular double. That said, martial arts is not the limit of my skill set. I am a utility stuntman. This means I have been trained in most of the other "generic" stunts such as full body burns, high falls, driving, air rams, ratchets, wire-work. One of the only things I tend to leave to others is motorcycle stunts. Although I own a sport bike, and love to ride, there are so many guys out there that only ride and this there specialty. But to further answer, there was no call for martial arts while I was doubling Johnathon. Just jumping, or falling off high things etc......

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                      Hello again!
                      This only occured to me just now...

The Electronic Entertainment Expo is upon us, and one of the many new games being previewed is the first/third-person action-shooter, Stargate SG1: the Alliance. As someone who professionally coreographs the action scenes on Stargate, have you had any involvement with the game? And if so, can you tell us about it?
                      I know its probably a long shot that you are involved, but you know what they say: ...ask...questions...'n stuff...

Yours in generation,
                      The White Knight
                      I had no involvement in the game. It was done before I was officially involved in SG1 choreography.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                        Hi,
                        My question is you've worked on both SGA and SG-1 so out of Teal'c and Teyla who is the more skilled fighter?
                        Btw ur doin a great job on the shows.
                        Since I have become the fight choreographer on SG1, there has not been any fight action for Teal'c so I can't speak from working with Chris, although I have worked with him as a stunt performer. From what I gather, from watching previous episodes, Teal'c's style is just different. It if based on power, and brute strength, whereas Teyla's style is based on speed, agility, and technique. Teal'c also has technique involved but it is less intricate. Each strike from Teal'c would no doubt, take your head off. This is a question that I have pondered myself, and I suggested to Chris Judge that Teal'c somehow get to our galaxy and engage in a training session with Teyla..............now wouldn't that be interesting..........Chris has spoken with me about training, and when the time comes we will be working on developing some new techniques for him that are more advanced, and more dangerous.

Comment

Oh I know I have another question, Stunt School. Do you think Stunt People should go to a school or is the Stunt School more or less for networking.

I went for a couple sessions when I lived in LA at the LAFA, and met a few guys who talked me into trying jumping off a building, total rush and the stunt driving, but I didn't continue b/c I felt it was more networking then anything. Broadsword play was cool, but they are heavy.... Wondering your thoughts

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
                            Oh I know I have another question, Stunt School. Do you think Stunt People should go to a school or is the Stunt School more or less for networking.

I went for a couple sessions when I lived in LA at the LAFA, and met a few guys who talked me into trying jumping off a building, total rush and the stunt driving, but I didn't continue b/c I felt it was more networking then anything. Broadsword play was cool, but they are heavy.... Wondering your thoughts
                            That depends on the school..............there are some good schools out there. At times, schools are opened as a money making scheme only, so the quality of the instruction is not there. There are some great stunt driving schools in the LA area. Rick Seaman's Motion Picture Stunt Driving School, is the top one at the moment. Many LA stunt people, and Canadian stunt people attend that school. If one is interested in becoming a stunt performer, it is good idea to already have an extensive background in athletics................ie. be the best you can be at something that is not too generic, so you will stand out from the crowd. Aside from training, networking is an important part of the industry, so if that is where you are looking to go with your career..................do it. If you are still an actress that wants to get some new skills, your view is totally understandable. Just try to take out of it what you want, and ignore the politics of it all..............its hard, but can be done. Take care!

Comment

Thank You for answering mine and others questions and taking time out of your day to do so You take care to.

I am still a SAG member but I don't work as often anymore as I live down in SD now, but someday I may get to work in Vancouver again

Comment

Just had a thought and have to ask, how does it differ (if it does at all) to train and organise fgihts/stunts for characters wearing prosthetics etc, like Steve's fight with Teyla in Suspicion?

Comment

Working...
                                X