X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    LOL, sorry for the embarrasment...

ok, serious question: how do you come up with a choreography for a fight? Do you make it all up in your head in the first place, or do you play around with someone, like sparring?, and see what develops?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
      And I bet that it's very frustrating when they cut something you and your crew have worked that many hours on. I bow to your skills.
      We learn not to be frustrated......it's just a part of the business, it's nothing personal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gina View Post
        LOL, sorry for the embarrasment...

ok, serious question: how do you come up with a choreography for a fight? Do you make it all up in your head in the first place, or do you play around with someone, like sparring?, and see what develops?
        I come up with most of it in my head......if there is no time to even think, I start with the first hit, and who delivers it......after that, the fight sort of choreographs itself you see. I just let it flow out of me and do what comes naturally with the training and experience that I have had. I ask for input from the other stunt people and the actors put in their contribution as well, of course......it's a team effort, and we all enjoy ourselves.

Comment

this is kind of a weird question, but in the episode Submersion ,but does Teyla knee him in the groin? cause that was kind of weird i didn't expect a scene like that
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I come up with most of it in my head......if there is no time to even think, I start with the first hit, and who delivers it......after that, the fight sort of choreographs itself you see. I just let it flow out of me and do what comes naturally with the training and experience that I have had. I ask for input from the other stunt people and the actors put in their contribution as well, of course......it's a team effort, and we all enjoy ourselves.
            I see...any input from the authors as well? Is it just like "fight scene" in the script or more specific?
            And did Joe Mallozzi ever show you any "full-contact origami" (- cf. his blog profile)??????

Comment

Q: Does it ever happened that the producer or how ever decides what a scene will contain, comes to you with an idea that will be to dangerous to do? Or the other way around, the scene will be to lame and you tell them that we can do this instead? (hmm, does that make sense or have I painted myself in a corner?

(1 silly question/week?) Please?! With "something healty" on top
              SQ: Favorite color?

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                this is kind of a weird question, but in the episode Submersion ,but does Teyla knee him in the groin? cause that was kind of weird i didn't expect a scene like that
                The action is character driven.......ie......Teyla was being controlled by the Wraith Queen hence the choice of technique, got it? Teyla would probably never(never say never though) knee her friend in the family jewels......the jury is still out if Satedans even have family jewels or not anyway!

Comment

I see...any input from the authors as well? Is it just like "fight scene" in the script or more specific?
                  And did Joe Mallozzi ever show you any "full-contact origami" (- cf. his blog profile)??????
                  Most of the time they are written in pretty general terms, then we have a meeting and I ask the questions,.....how long.....include dialogue in the fight or outside the fight,........things like that.....the script will usually tell me that where and when the fight starts, and who wins, in broad strokes. In some instances, Joe or Paul or Martin Gero, or one of the writer/producers has a very specific idea that they wish to see within the action and I try to give them that very thing.

Comment

Hey BamBam,

Big THANK YOU for so patiently answering all those questions! (I´m not done yet...)

Comment

Hey, BamBam! Greetings from England! Got a question for you, but don't know if this has been asked yet!

Do you do martial arts yourself? If so, which ones do you do and what Dan and belt are you in them?

I ask this because i've grown up around martial arts all my life. My 17 year old brother has just become a 2nd Dan Black Belt in TaeKwon-do. He has been a Black Belt since he was 10 years old.

My father is also a 2nd Dan Black Belt in TaeKwon-Do and is the longest serving TaeKwon-Do on Merseyside (25+ years). I have always admired anyone who does martial arts and that goes for you too, BamBam.

If your ever in Merseyside in England, just come to The Shaftes (next to Tranmere Rovers) in Prenton and have a lesson with us!

TaeKwon,

Kady
                      sigpic

Comment

The action is character driven.......ie......Teyla was being controlled by the Wraith Queen hence the choice of technique, got it? Teyla would probably never(never say never though) knee her friend in the family jewels......the jury is still out if Satedans even have family jewels or not anyway!
                        LOL tell that one to Jason...I'm sure he'd be thrilled with the spreading of that rumour
                        Last edited by telpethoniel; 11 June 2007, 02:39 PM.
                        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel View Post
                          LOL tell that one to Jason...I'm sure he'd be thrilled with the spreading of that rumour
                          *raises hand* I volunteer to check the true or lie in that rumour! It's a hard job but someone has to do it!!

*walks off whistling*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post

Q: Does it ever happened that the producer or how ever decides what a scene will contain, comes to you with an idea that will be to dangerous to do? Or the other way around, the scene will be to lame and you tell them that we can do this instead? (hmm, does that make sense or have I painted myself in a corner?

(1 silly question/week?) Please?! With "something healty" on top
                            SQ: Favorite color?
                            It makes sense.......well.......there is a way to do everything given the time and/or money. Anything we are asked, if given all the proper information required, my team and I are able to achieve. On the other hand, yes, sometimes I am not told anything specific about a scene so I create the scenario. For example, in season one.....Teyla was to training by herself before the entrance of another character but the scene lacked intensity so I suggested adding a sparring partner for her, which ended up to be me, to spice up the beginning of the training sesson and be a more interesting lead in to the other character's entrance. It is my job to let the director and producers know what is possible......anything is possible actually with the proper prep and budget available of course, as mentioned previously.........I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
                            Last edited by 2BAM; 11 June 2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Hey BamBam,

Big THANK YOU for so patiently answering all those questions! (I´m not done yet...)
                              YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                                Hey, BamBam! Greetings from England! Got a question for you, but don't know if this has been asked yet!

Do you do martial arts yourself? If so, which ones do you do and what Dan and belt are you in them?

I ask this because i've grown up around martial arts all my life. My 17 year old brother has just become a 2nd Dan Black Belt in TaeKwon-do. He has been a Black Belt since he was 10 years old.

My father is also a 2nd Dan Black Belt in TaeKwon-Do and is the longest serving TaeKwon-Do on Merseyside (25+ years). I have always admired anyone who does martial arts and that goes for you too, BamBam.

If your ever in Merseyside in England, just come to The Shaftes (next to Tranmere Rovers) in Prenton and have a lesson with us!

TaeKwon,

Kady
                                Thank you for the invite!! Yes, started my training at 11 years old in a mixed style of Karate including Shotokan and Shorin-Ji Kenpo. My Shihan also had his 3rd Dan in TKD so we had alot of Korean inflence in our kicking style. After a few years, an Eskrima mestre wandered into our dojo and began teaching classes as well so my Sensei incorporated some of the techniques into our format and style. Having had a very open minded teacher, I now have trained in several style froms around the world. This helps in the film industry as many different outlooks are needed for creativity to occur. 10 years old? I went as far as my 2nd Dan in formal training then stopped climbing that ladder and started working as a stuntman.........we didn't allow black belts to anyone under 16 for maturity reasons, and even then the belt given out was considered a Junior black belt. The reasons being were quite obvious.......put a ten year old up against a 18 year old and what will happen? The Junior black belts had to test again when they were 18 to get their actual black belts. A very traditional way of doing things but, I feel honoured to have gotten through where so many others didn't make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X