Page 147 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 6049
    Lieutenant Colonel telpethoniel's Avatar

Default Re: Ask "BAMBAM" - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9, S10) and SGA (S1, S2, S3)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BAM View Post
    The action is character driven.......ie......Teyla was being controlled by the Wraith Queen hence the choice of technique, got it? Teyla would probably never(never say never though) knee her friend in the family jewels......the jury is still out if Satedans even have family jewels or not anyway!
    LOL tell that one to Jason...I'm sure he'd be thrilled with the spreading of that rumour
    Last edited by telpethoniel; June 11th, 2007 at 02:39 PM.
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

playing Eye of the Tiger in the Impala with Dean!!

Quote Originally Posted by telpethoniel View Post
    LOL tell that one to Jason...I'm sure he'd be thrilled with the spreading of that rumour
    *raises hand* I volunteer to check the true or lie in that rumour! It's a hard job but someone has to do it!!

*walks off whistling*
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/Kellykuk/sig_kadyJFguitarbanner.jpg target=_blank>http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...itarbanner.jpg</a></div>

Stargate Stunt/Fighting Coordinator 2BAM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post

Q: Does it ever happened that the producer or how ever decides what a scene will contain, comes to you with an idea that will be to dangerous to do? Or the other way around, the scene will be to lame and you tell them that we can do this instead? (hmm, does that make sense or have I painted myself in a corner?

(1 silly question/week?) Please?! With "something healty" on top
    SQ: Favorite color?
    It makes sense.......well.......there is a way to do everything given the time and/or money. Anything we are asked, if given all the proper information required, my team and I are able to achieve. On the other hand, yes, sometimes I am not told anything specific about a scene so I create the scenario. For example, in season one.....Teyla was to training by herself before the entrance of another character but the scene lacked intensity so I suggested adding a sparring partner for her, which ended up to be me, to spice up the beginning of the training sesson and be a more interesting lead in to the other character's entrance. It is my job to let the director and producers know what is possible......anything is possible actually with the proper prep and budget available of course, as mentioned previously.........I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
    Last edited by 2BAM; June 11th, 2007 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    Hey BamBam,

Big THANK YOU for so patiently answering all those questions! (I´m not done yet...)
    YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kady View Post
    Hey, BamBam! Greetings from England! Got a question for you, but don't know if this has been asked yet!

Do you do martial arts yourself? If so, which ones do you do and what Dan and belt are you in them?

I ask this because i've grown up around martial arts all my life. My 17 year old brother has just become a 2nd Dan Black Belt in TaeKwon-do. He has been a Black Belt since he was 10 years old.

My father is also a 2nd Dan Black Belt in TaeKwon-Do and is the longest serving TaeKwon-Do on Merseyside (25+ years). I have always admired anyone who does martial arts and that goes for you too, BamBam.

If your ever in Merseyside in England, just come to The Shaftes (next to Tranmere Rovers) in Prenton and have a lesson with us!

TaeKwon,

Kady
    Thank you for the invite!! Yes, started my training at 11 years old in a mixed style of Karate including Shotokan and Shorin-Ji Kenpo. My Shihan also had his 3rd Dan in TKD so we had alot of Korean inflence in our kicking style. After a few years, an Eskrima mestre wandered into our dojo and began teaching classes as well so my Sensei incorporated some of the techniques into our format and style. Having had a very open minded teacher, I now have trained in several style froms around the world. This helps in the film industry as many different outlooks are needed for creativity to occur. 10 years old? I went as far as my 2nd Dan in formal training then stopped climbing that ladder and started working as a stuntman.........we didn't allow black belts to anyone under 16 for maturity reasons, and even then the belt given out was considered a Junior black belt. The reasons being were quite obvious.......put a ten year old up against a 18 year old and what will happen? The Junior black belts had to test again when they were 18 to get their actual black belts. A very traditional way of doing things but, I feel honoured to have gotten through where so many others didn't make it.

It makes sense.......well.......there is a way to do everything given the time and/or money. Anything we are asked, if given all the proper information required, my team and I are able to achieve. On the other hand, yes, sometimes I am not told anything specific about a scene so I create the scenario. For example, in season one.....Teyla was to training by herself before the entrance of another character but the scene lacked intensity so I suggested adding a sparring partner for her, which ended up to be me, to spice up the beginning of the training sesson and be a more interesting lead in to the other character's entrance. It is my job to let the director and producers know what is possible......anything is possible actually with the proper prep and budget available of course, as mentioned previously.........I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
    Thanks for the answer. And yes, that Teyla scene was more intense with a sparring partner and you did good!

I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
    Tsk! I should have known.... LMAO! I was debating if I should take out black in the ecvation... Any other color than black?

Major General

That was in The Siege, right? I loved that scene That was the first time I had ever seen you rather than just heard about you. I vote for more scenes like that

so have you ever heard of or even participated in Pankrantion ( i think thats how it is spelled) ?

oh and what is your most effective and favorite fighting style?

thank you so much for answering my questions , you are so fantastic and cute , i love the fighting styles you have chosen for Atlantis

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Hi Bam Bam:

Well, I just returned from a wedding in the mountains close to a place called Frank Slide. You must have visited there in your travels. It's amazing what nature can do.

This is the mountain after the slide that buried a town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

An image of the rubble in the aftermath. In places, it was three stories high. As it traveled down the mountain, it moved with such force, that the rubble traveled over a mile away and deposited boulders that were bigger than houses. It would make for an awesome storyline. I thought I'd share my experience regarding that natural disaster with everyone.

Anyway, since you are in the industry, do you need to have an agent like the writers and actors?
    Last edited by Arctic Goddess; June 12th, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

forcing people to watch commentary! the musical!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    Hi Bam Bam:

Spoiler:

Well, I just returned from a wedding in the mountains close to a place called Frank Slide. You must have visited there in your travels. It's amazing what nature can do.

This is the mountain after the slide that buried at town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

An image of the rubble in the aftermath. In places, it was three stories high. As it traveled down the mountain, it moved with such force, that the rubble traveled over a mile away and deposited boulders that were bigger than houses. It would make for an awesome storyline. I thought I'd share my experience regarding that natural disaster with everyone.

Anyway, since you are in the industry, do you need to have an agent like the writers and actors?
    OMG

the geologist in me actually found myself studying them two pics and decifering the rocks and stuff
    help!
    i actually learned stuff in college
    noooooooo
    *ahem*

anyhoo....
    i had a question didnt i....
    lol
    oh yeah
    i want to take up martial arts of some form and i was wondering what you would recommend?
    all ive ever done was a few classes of kickboxing but that club shut.
    Last edited by mayogaelz; June 12th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r300/mayogaelz/art/sigs/queen.jpg

the jury is still out if Satedans even have family jewels or not anyway!
    Ack! Satedans are lierally action men?! (To quote a famous line from Red Dwarf, "nothing down there but a trademark" )

Hi Bam Bam:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/DSC00911.jpg

This is the mountain after the slide that buried at town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/DSC00914.jpg

Wow. I didn't actually realise the scale of those pictures until I noticed in the foreground of the first one what turned out to be a highway with a teeeeeny tiny little car on it! That's just... wow! Awesome in the strictest sense of the word... leaving you in awe of the sheer power of nature.

Interesting to read about your varied martial arts experience BamBam. I used to take Shukokai karate classes myself and got as far as orange belt before having to give up due to moving countries!! I found it had an amazing effect on overall fitness and flexibility (especially given that I have both tight tendons *and* arthritis in my knees) - the regular stretching exercises at the beginning of each class worked wonders over time.

It gave me a lot of confidence too... I remember at the time getting hassled by a guy in a bar who just wouldn't quit despite repeated polite requests and eventually I just turned to him and said, "If you touch me once more, I will break your *insert swear word* arm." He left rapidly at that point. Now I may not actually have been able to break his arm but karate gave me the confidence to sound as though I damn well meant to have a go and, as my Sensei told me, I effectively used karate in self-defence there.. as my confidence in my ability to defend myself physically meant that I was able to stop the situation *before* it became physical.

I really should think about taking it up again.....

General

Ah yes, the Frank Slide. I just learned about it in University. The theory goes that there was a Coal seam near the base of the mountain and it was the mining that contributed to the slide. The town that got buried was named Frank, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZA View Post
    so have you ever heard of or even participated in Pankrantion ( i think thats how it is spelled) ?

oh and what is your most effective and favorite fighting style?

thank you so much for answering my questions , you are so fantastic and cute , i love the fighting styles you have chosen for Atlantis
    Thank you very much......Yes I have a very limited exposure to Pankration but I am aware of it......I have done a small amount of training within that particular discipline and find it very effective for sure. I don't have a favorite, whatever works for the given situation is good for me!!

Hi Bam Bam:

This is the mountain after the slide that buried a town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

No.....no agent required.....only word of mouth. I have had an acting agent before but I was always too busy with stunts to go to auditions so........

Quote Originally Posted by mayogaelz View Post
    OMG

the geologist in me actually found myself studying them two pics and decifering the rocks and stuff
    help!
    i actually learned stuff in college
    noooooooo
    *ahem*

anyhoo....
    i had a question didnt i....
    lol
    oh yeah
    i want to take up martial arts of some form and i was wondering what you would recommend?
    all ive ever done was a few classes of kickboxing but that club shut.
    It really depends on what is available in your area and what your particular needs are.

are there days you're really not looking forward too while working on Atlantis

Assistant Headmaster of Hogwarts Neelan_Liquor's Avatar

BamBam... just saw Silver Surfer (very fun flick) and saw your name in the credits, but couldn't spot ya. What exactly did you do for them?

Major General

OMG I *so* want to see that! (Not only for Chris Evans and Ioan Gruffudd but I like Jessica Alba as an actress too) And now I have an extra reason to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-J View Post
    are there days you're really not looking forward too while working on Atlantis
    Nope!!! I love my job!! The only day I'm not looking forward to would be the last day of shooting for the series.....whenever that maybe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
    BamBam... just saw Silver Surfer (very fun flick) and saw your name in the credits, but couldn't spot ya. What exactly did you do for them?
    I was in a few different sequences but I think there should be a close-up during the army shooting at the surfer in the forest......he blows us up.....I'm the soldier at the very front, on the ledge, in the middle.......

Page 147 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150157197247 ... LastLast