This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis City as a ship

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that when you look at the city of Atlantis from above or from a distance that it looks like the center is a circle and the peer all pointing (or docking) to that center circle look like different size ships.

That would be cool plot. Imagine that story line. The Atlantis team finds out that they are actually sitting on 6 or 7 smaller ships that joined together make up the one main city.

Just seems to look like 6 sub ships all connected to the main center circle ship. Plus it would be a cool idea for a show.

Jay

i see your point, each arm of the city being its own ship, the landed independantly and hooked up together.
    but i think atlantis flying in an episode is going to be the best thing either show will do, i cant wait til they do it. imagine rising but no mid way water break just keep on going up.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

In the pilot Atlantis left earth as one large city. Maybe it was originally several smaller cities that were joined to become one for the trip to save on power? Sort of intergalactic carpooling

Comment

I'm immediately reminded of Voltron...

Interesting idea though. I've wondered if the ship is anchored to the ocean floor or it it's floating around with the current. Maybe there are engines somewhere to move the city.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          I'm immediately reminded of Voltron...

Interesting idea though. I've wondered if the ship is anchored to the ocean floor or it it's floating around with the current. Maybe there are engines somewhere to move the city.
          They would just be able to use the sublight engine and move laterily

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

weve disscussed this, moving atlantis would be the best thing ever, imagine the city dodging plasma bolts! o look u missed, whey and again, opps better aim nxt time, imagine a dodging cloaked shielded atlantis.........its the ultimate defence, protection secrecy and mobility.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              weve disscussed this, moving atlantis would be the best thing ever, imagine the city dodging plasma bolts! o look u missed, whey and again, opps better aim nxt time, imagine a dodging cloaked shielded atlantis.........its the ultimate defence, protection secrecy and mobility.
              And it would anoy the hell outs thoe pesky wraith.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

it would be the funniest ever episode.....beat the hell out of WoO for sheer class..............playing dodgeball with atlantis and a fleet of hive ships!
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

i see your point, each arm of the city being its own ship, the landed independantly and hooked up together.
                  but i think atlantis flying in an episode is going to be the best thing either show will do, i cant wait til they do it. imagine rising but no mid way water break just keep on going up.
                  I would like to see Atlantis fully powered up, take up a geo stational orbit to defend the planet as well as itself, and have each of these "legs" shooting plasma beams that would drive off the wraith's initial attack and eventually put them on the run. Perhaps tht is asking a bit much...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

yeah, and I can see a joke, something along the lines of "Ha, you can't hit the broad side of a CITY!!"

Comment

Well, I am glad so many see what I see. The city really does look like it is made up of other ships. And who knows, maybe we will see a story line develop down this line in season three. It would be cool to see the city getting ready to taken on some massive fleet of bad guys and then it automatically seperates in to the 6 or so ships and takes up strategic defensive positions and then go on the offense and kick some butt.

Would be cool....

Comment

A fully powered Atlantis with fully charged ZPMs plugged in, a few more available for later, 10 to 20 of those laser cannons seen on the weapons satellite in Seige part 1 firing at Wraith ships, 50 or more rail guns firing at Wraith darts. After the Wraith have been taken care of, go home and finish of the Goa'uld.

Comment

Atlantis is actually a giant robot... a robot in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                            Atlantis is actually a giant robot... a robot in disguise.
                            I heard from an exclusive interview that the S2 Finale sees the absolute eradication of the Wraith at the hands of the nefarious Decepticons, actually. Should be fun, eh?
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Atlantis will not have that sort of agility, flying atlantis would be like steering an oil tanker, apparently it tkaes them several hours to turn or something. Remember an early S1 episode where the hive ships is so large its actually art of the landscape, the SGA team don't realise how big it was until they see the crater.

What would be cool is a secret ambush. We take a couple of BC-303s to a system nearby to the main concentration of wraiht, luring their biggest ships away. We explode a sun/ blow something real big up, escaping in the nick of time. It doesn't matter if we get the big ships or not, their attention is diverted. All the time hovering above a planet that is special to them is atlantis which they thought was destroyed after siege 3. it is cloaked, they leave the place defenseless and atlantis uncloaks rains down hell upon them, fully powered up. we could find something powerful and important their e.g. a thing that connects them all together nad blow it up destroying their hive mind and cuasing them no amount of chaos. If thier ships are biological, they may fly them using their mind to link with the ship, no longer possible. possibilities are endless. we could find something else instead if that is too much, such as a weapon that makes it easy to kill a wraith (freshly fed ones are near invincible). or we could find a stash of super-ZPMs or a ZPM factory or something (and the wraith never knew it was there, they just built on top. I'd love to see atlantis fly but then earth could just bring it home so perhaps not a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X