This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins
    Pounds or dollars? I know chocolate is out; is there anything else that can be used for bri....uh persuasion?
    Dollars is fine, but remember there's an exchange rate, so I'll be expecting twenties

Madeleine

Comment

Had to be for me absolutly Absolute Power. Legacy was great but really, Power hungry continent nuking Daniel beats crazy, needs an extra fry for his happy meal Daniel
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

It came down to 'Absolute Power' and 'Lifeboat' for me.

'Legacy' was the front-runner to begin with, but I think that episode falls apart in the last act and I really need the whole episode, and not just the Daniel parts, to be strong in order to give it my vote.

Ultimately, I went with 'Lifeboat.' Both it and 'AP' gave me virtually unrecognisable souls in Daniel's body - ones I could even loathe a little - and drew stellar performances from MS. But what 'Lifeboat' gave me were the things I found lacking in 'Legacy' (the episode I kinda, sorta wanted to vote for): A cohesive story that sticks to its guns through all four acts and a circle of friends that both sticks close to Daniel (see Jack not leaving the room, see Janet getting all up in Martice's face) and pulls out all the stops (including all but holding a shipload of people "hostage") trying to help him, rather than effectively abandoning him to his fate.

Daniel/MS is just about the only great thing about 'Legacy.'

He's just as riveting in 'Lifeboat' and 'Absolute Power,' but both of those I consider great episodes overall.

And, of the two, 'Lifeboat' gets the sentimental vote from me.

Tucker

Comment

Lifeboat's pretty good.. but yeh - Legacy.

Comment

Ooh what a tough one.... he's fab in all of them. I nearly voted for holiday, but I prefer Jack and Teal'c in that - although Danny is wonderfully naive in the diner scene! Legacy is a superb piece of acting by MS and I loved him in Moebius. But Absolute Power won the day for me, he is sooo believable as evil Danny which is so "out of character" for his character.

Comment

Torn between "Legacy" and "Lifeboat", but "Legacy" won out.

Just loved Michael Shanks in both episodes----such a gifted actor! (He really excels in roles where he loses it completely, like in "Legacy" and "Need"......) A treat to watch!

Comment

lol! i was torn between lifeboat and legacy too

cept for me lifeboat won out... he does so great at playing so many different characters, especially when he switches between two of them! like going from the boy to the ruler! excellent!

Comment

Lifeboat

One of my absolute fave episodes of SG1 and definitely one of my fave Daniel episodes
                  Legacy came a very close second though
                  meh

Comment

My vote was Lost City 1

Daniel can't hold his liquor Really well acted my MS!
                    Last edited by Cassie; 18 May 2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

There was only one option for me: "Absolute Power".

It's just so fun to see Evil Daniel.

Comment

VERY tough one indeed...but it came down to Legacy for me
                        sigpic

Comment

Lifeboat got my vote. I loved Absolute Power, but Shanks acting was just wonderful in Lifeboat. When he played the little boy (sorry forgot his name) it almost made me cry.
                          Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

I voted need for the scene where he breaks down with Jack...but completely forgot about Legacy and Lifeboat...I think I'm tied between those two.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I voted for Need.
                              Was a very tough choise though cos i also loved Legacy alot. Its like one of my fave Daniel whumped eps.
                              But my vote went to Need because it was just such an emotional story. I mean it started out really funny with Daniel just acting a little crazy and lairy, i was PMSL. But then it went to that really dramatic sad ending with Daniel getting really dependant on the sarcophagus and going completely over the edge, but Jack was there to help him through. I just found that really touching. In that one epp i was laughing, feeling shocked, then feeling sad, and then feeling this warm feeling you get when you see 2 people helping each other out. Do you get what i mean?

Anyway in Legacy it's just Daniel going crazy and getting locked up and then getting out again. Like i said i loved it as a Daniel whumped ep, but it was very emotionally pulling as Need

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                              ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                                lol! i was torn between lifeboat and legacy too

cept for me lifeboat won out... he does so great at playing so many different characters, especially when he switches between two of them! like going from the boy to the ruler! excellent!
                                Yeah, he was so incredible as that little boy in "Lifeboat"----my eyes tear up just thinking about it. I think he must have spent time with the little actor who played him in the flashback scene, because MS had his mannerisms down pat.......

Comment

Working...
                                X