View Poll Results: Which of these do you like best?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • One False Step

1 1.02%
  • Absolute Power

21 21.43%
  • Need

6 6.12%
  • The Light

5 5.10%
  • Lost City pt I

3 3.06%
  • Urgo

0 0%
  • Upgrades

1 1.02%
  • Beneath the Surface

0 0%
  • Holiday

5 5.10%
  • Lifeboat

20 20.41%
  • Lockdown

0 0%
  • Brocca Divide

1 1.02%
  • Legacy

30 30.61%
  • Moebius pt I

5 5.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Loopy Daniel Episode?

These are all the eps where Dr Jackson's lights are on but the chap at home isn't Daniel, where Daniel is Daniel but isn't quite himself, or where he's sloshed, weird, or a bit, um, mental.

Vote for your favourite. The winner(s) will join Reckoning pt II, The First Ones, Torment of Tantalus and Meridian, along with the winners of the polls yet to come, in a grand finale.

I can fix polls, by the way. Used tenners in a brown paper bag please

Madeleine

Lieutenant Colonel

Thumbs up Re: Best Loopy Daniel Episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    These are all the eps where Dr Jackson's lights are on but the chap at home isn't Daniel, where Daniel is Daniel but isn't quite himself, or where he's sloshed, weird, or a bit, um, mental.

Vote for your favourite. The winner(s) will join Reckoning pt II, The First Ones, Torment of Tantalus and Meridian, along with the winners of the polls yet to come, in a grand finale.

Great idea for a poll! Thanx!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Default Re: Best Loopy Daniel Episode?

It's got to be Legacy for me. I loved seing Daniel get locked up in a nut-house. In a good way, of course.

My vote for Legacy too, there's just something about loony Daniel in this...
    Cute When Insane

Poor boy does go off the deep end with astonishing regularity, doesn't he?

Absolute Power. It's one of the best episodes ever.

Boy this is a tough one..... I've at least narrowed it down to 4 for me: Absolute Power, Need, Legacy, and Lifeboat. I have to admit Lifeboat is one of the four only because Michael won a Saturn (is that the correct award?) for his performance. I'll be back to tell you what I end up deciding on.....
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

Quote Originally Posted by DJFavorite
    Boy this is a tough one..... I've at least narrowed it down to 4 for me: Absolute Power, Need, Legacy, and Lifeboat. I have to admit Lifeboat is one of the four only because Michael won a Saturn (is that the correct award?) for his performance. I'll be back to tell you what I end up deciding on.....

Those were the ones on my short list and it was a real toss of the coin between Legacy and Lifeboat, MS was astonishingly good in both.
    One thing I've always noticed, right from Need, and I know I've mentioned it before but I think it bears repeating, is how willing MS is to look ugly. Considering how pretty he is, and I'm sure he knows how attractive he is, he is still willing to look hot and sweaty and unattractive if the script calls for it.

Hard to believe it's the same chap.

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

evil daniel in AP is good as well... but damn so many good eppys where he's not quite himself

It's sooooo difficult to not vote for Insane-with-Power-Evil-Daniel, I mean, he's so EVIL, isn't he? What's not to like?

But I voted for Legacy because mental is as mental does and actually being admitted to a mental ward counts for double in my book. Especially when all of your friends are so easily convinced you're bonkers just because you've started hearing voices and seeing things that aren't visible to ordinary folks...now who hasn't been there?

BTW, I have a couple of extra "Get Out of Death Free Cards" if bribery is still on the table.

Last edited by Seshat; May 17th, 2005 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add poll-swaying piccie as proof.

The Land of IKEA, Moosii and Absolut Vodka

Lifeboat! This one I didn't even have to think about! It's one of my all time fave episodes. Michael does such an amazing job in it. A prefect example of what an fantastic actor he is! I'm just amazed every time I see it. Althou Legacy is a definite 2'd. Michael is such a great actor *dreamy sigh*

Cookies!

I had to go with Absolute Power. Like Ses says, how can ya not like evil Daniel? I think it was possibly not as powerful an acting performance as Legacy or Lifeboat, but as far as messing with Daniel's mind as a way to further the story, it's the best. How better to show that the Goa'uld influence is so evil it would corrupt one of, arguably, the most ethical people around?

Cold-hearted Evil might not be the acting stretch that Gibbering Schitzophrenia is, but it was still a fine performance in every respect.

I had to go with Legacy, based on my own criteria. It was the only one where I could really say Daniel went loopy. Body switching and hosting bodies (Lifeboat) while good don't count for me. Being evil, either, especially since it was all a dream/vision. Daniel didn't go totally nutso in Need until the end. Wild eyed and uncaring, but not nutso. But, Legacy, Daniel was totally loopy.

Plus, he cried, and that's always a plus
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

ABSOLUTE POWER, absolutely !!

It's what Daniel concience really is (the evil part) which supressed by his goodness/forgiveness most of the time, but really, howmany times Jack shut him up with 'Daniel !!' or Sam put her technobabble importance above his moral issue or Teal'c 'look down' at him with his brow (and force in LEgacy).
    This is where he has the blast of revenge and he does it with STYLE to each of them where it hurts the most. And MS did it convincingly.

sig.by : lilferret

Pounds or dollars? I know chocolate is out; is there anything else that can be used for bri....uh persuasion?

ok, I finally made my decision. I went with Legacy. I remember the first time I saw the episode, I really felt for Daniel. I didn't have that feeling with Need or Absolute Power. And because in Lifeboat, it wasn't really Daniel, just his body with someone else in it (like in Holiday), I couldn't really say that it was Daniel that was loopy.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

Quote Originally Posted by Kliggins
    Pounds or dollars? I know chocolate is out; is there anything else that can be used for bri....uh persuasion?
    Dollars is fine, but remember there's an exchange rate, so I'll be expecting twenties

Madeleine

Had to be for me absolutly Absolute Power. Legacy was great but really, Power hungry continent nuking Daniel beats crazy, needs an extra fry for his happy meal Daniel

Second Lieutenant

It came down to 'Absolute Power' and 'Lifeboat' for me.

'Legacy' was the front-runner to begin with, but I think that episode falls apart in the last act and I really need the whole episode, and not just the Daniel parts, to be strong in order to give it my vote.

Ultimately, I went with 'Lifeboat.' Both it and 'AP' gave me virtually unrecognisable souls in Daniel's body - ones I could even loathe a little - and drew stellar performances from MS. But what 'Lifeboat' gave me were the things I found lacking in 'Legacy' (the episode I kinda, sorta wanted to vote for): A cohesive story that sticks to its guns through all four acts and a circle of friends that both sticks close to Daniel (see Jack not leaving the room, see Janet getting all up in Martice's face) and pulls out all the stops (including all but holding a shipload of people "hostage") trying to help him, rather than effectively abandoning him to his fate.

Daniel/MS is just about the only great thing about 'Legacy.'

He's just as riveting in 'Lifeboat' and 'Absolute Power,' but both of those I consider great episodes overall.

And, of the two, 'Lifeboat' gets the sentimental vote from me.

Tucker

Lifeboat's pretty good.. but yeh - Legacy.

Ooh what a tough one.... he's fab in all of them. I nearly voted for holiday, but I prefer Jack and Teal'c in that - although Danny is wonderfully naive in the diner scene! Legacy is a superb piece of acting by MS and I loved him in Moebius. But Absolute Power won the day for me, he is sooo believable as evil Danny which is so "out of character" for his character.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast