Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had speculated that Anubis would still be around. I mean, if he's part ascended exploding his ship might not have killed him. He would probably just be a disembodied force now.
    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

That picture certainly shows something. Here's me hoping it's Anubis
      __

__

Comment

I hardling thing that pics conclusive, its a dark splodge!!! It could be a careama man's shadow for all we know!
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

I doubt it will be a cameraman's shadow. They wouldn't make that big of a mistake. The Ancients show up a white form so maybe the evil come out like Anubis in a dark form
          __

__

Comment

The ascended can change into whatever form they want.

Orlan assumed psuedo-human form before he actually descended.
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt that they would publish a publicity shot that had a shadow of a cameraman. And I doubt its Anubis since this being spreads to more than one person.
              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Well maybe Anubis wanted a better chance of escape. I hope he escapes so we see more of him
                __

__

Comment

As far as I remember, the publicity shots (NOT the screenshots from episodes) are photos WITHOUT the special effects. So I would think the shadow is just co-incidence.

(If someone can show me a publicity shot with special effects, I would like to know )

EDIT:
                  With special effects, I mean the visual effects, not the Wray Douglas's practical special effects.

And the shadow could have a rational explanation: it could just be the shadow of the dry ice (although it would still be weird why they would publish a photo with unpleasant shadows).
                  Last edited by sgeureka; 08 June 2004, 08:30 AM.
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I don't think so. But I would still love to see Anubis again
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen
                      I had speculated that Anubis would still be around. I mean, if he's part ascended exploding his ship might not have killed him. He would probably just be a disembodied force now.
                      I agree with you. In the summary of the episode "Full Circle", it is written :

" Now, he [Anubis] is still a being of energy, trapped between ascension and mortal life. His dark mask holds his form intact. " (that's about that Daniel Jackson said after having seen the true nature of Anubis)

With the destruction of his fleet in "The Lost City", I think Anubis lost his mask and couldn't keep an intact body. However, the explosion mustn't have killed the part of him which was ascended. And now (in the 8th season), he must be a kind of ghost.

Comment

You're right, the shield was probably destroyed making his form explode from what it should be. You are probably right, he will be a kind of ghost but just not completley invisible
                        __

__

Comment

If Anubis wasn't threatened by that Ancient "Weapon", then why in this universe did he Scream NO!!!!!! and then have his ship blown up. I mean, just like the super soliders, everything has to obey the basic law of kinetic energy (being a huge @$$ explosion and all).
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I agree, he did scream and stuff, haha, but i still think hes somewhere in the ether floating around..
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

He might not have known that he was going to survive, and even is he did. There's a big pile of glowing things coming at you, about to blow your ship to smithereens. I'd think you would scream. It was just an automatic reaction. Plus, he DID loose his brand-new SuperShip and a bunch of his Kull Warriors. And when Sam C4ed the Goa'Uld Queen, she probably stopped Kull production for a good time. Until Anubis can find a new queen and do whatever he did to make her co-operate.
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Yah, alot of Kull warriors died... And ouch, a new toy (ship), that must have did a good punch to his army.
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X