This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Photoshop appreciation thread

Just a thread to appreciate the greatness of photoshop, and also to show any neat artwork done on there

I'm currently using photostudio and I'm new to photoshop, so if anyone knows any good tutorials for this software, can you please give me a link?

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

I'd appreciate some pointers too. I can do stuff but I'm not as great as I could be.

Two things my friend showed me that were really helpful, were the Edit -> Transform feature on layers, and also right click on a layer in the layer palette and select Blending options to add loads of funky effects.

I keep a bunch of my photoshops here, such as the Jack (and/or) Danny plus chocolate pictures... the spiderman picture... (if you haven't seen it, you HAVE to check it out - it's rubbish because i did it in about 15 minutes whilst having a Jillybeihn induced giggling fit (Holy Wormholes!) but the thought is there )

Comment

I do love it I use it daily because of my work. It's pretty much the best.

Some of my works --> http://www.aerosolart.deviantart.com/gallery

Comment

Some tutorials and stuff:

http://www.good-tutorials.com/

http://www.tutorialized.com/

http://psworkshop.net/psworkshop/

http://www.tutorialoutpost.com/

Comment

Thanks for the tutorials! I just created a pretty rookie signature using them
          I'll get better with time

sigpic

Comment

I use adobe photoshop. I'm not really all that good at it though lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

LOVE IT!!! 'Nuf said.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                LOVE IT!!! 'Nuf said.
                I think you're my photoshop hero, Sesh

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
                  I think you're my photoshop hero, Sesh
                  You're pretty inspiring yourself, there, darlin'! (((Mazz)))

Thanks for the links, everyone. Always glad to pick up some tips...keep 'em coming!!

Comment

LOVE IT!!! 'Nuf said.
                    How do you cut around the images? There's the lasso tool, but I dont have a steady hand.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                      How do you cut around the images? There's the lasso tool, but I dont have a steady hand.
                      REALLY steady hand. And lots and lots and lots of practice.

Comment

REALLY steady hand. And lots and lots and lots of practice.
                        Why cant they be like photostudio and use a click by click thing? Thats sooo much easier!
                        Thats what I've been using up until now, maybe I'll just cut around the images in photostudio and then copy them into photoshop.

sigpic

Comment

Why cant they be like photostudio and use a click by click thing? Thats sooo much easier!
                          Thats what I've been using up until now, maybe I'll just cut around the images in photostudio and then copy them into photoshop.
                          I actually use the erase tool to remove the background when I silhouette if I want it to be absolutely perfect. Photoshop's magic wand tool can select generally, but is not specific enough for me, and quick masking doesn't cut it for me at all. Keep trying and you'll find what methods work best for you!

Comment

Umm... it does. Click on the lasso and hold down. A pop-up box should come up with "Polygonal Lasso Tool". At least it is on Version 7...

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                              Umm... it does. Click on the lasso and hold down. A pop-up box should come up with "Polygonal Lasso Tool". At least it is on Version 7...
                              I've got version 7, but it doesnt work on mine

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X