No announcement yet.

Bane (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never noticed the cars in the background of the uninhabited planet, but I did notice the odd flash of downtown Seattle in the middle of Vancouver.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

There's at least 1 white car, which is the most visible in the background.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Don't forget the planet looks awfully like Tollana.

This is another one of those episodes, I never quite understand the dislike. Yes I guess the science of the episode never made sense but I never really cared because Teal'c episodes are rare compared to the other SH1 episodes. I liked this episode to explore himself and the shooting Daniel with a water gun is hilarious. It is quite a coincidence that person that Ally knew to call was part of the SGC let alone Jack.

6 minutes and 23 seconds
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Don't forget the planet looks awfully like Tollana.
          I thought Tollana was filmed at Vancouver University?

Comment

And that's 6 minutes and 57 seconds well spent.

Comment

Close but not close enough
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Practice, practice, practice, practice... towards perfection, I go.

Comment

11:12

My first thought was eeewwww.

I hate the bug aspect of this episode.

I like when Jack calls Maybourne smarmy, and he doesn't deny it. Maybourne is annoying, but i love to hate him.

Love Ally-- she really makes this episode. How she and Teal'c interact is great. She isn't afraid or even grossed out, no nonsense kind of girl. She makes me think of Jack and how he is.

Love that Teal'c brought Ally a new super soaker.

It was a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                    Love Ally-- she really makes this episode. How she and Teal'c interact is great. She isn't afraid or even grossed out, no nonsense kind of girl. She makes me think of Jack and how he is.
                    They should totall have met -- snark fest galore.

Comment

BANE 2.10

This is definitely a pet-peeve episode for me. I remembered it as soon as it started. I absolutely LOVE the opening shot of the city. I was so excited about this episode and then I remembered what happens. Such a cool idea and they ruin it because [It seems VERY obvious] they didn't want to pay for an episode full of SG-1 trying to escape CG bugs. Instead it becomes a "How do we deal with the bug bite?" episode. So there is one let down. Then they completely redeem themselves by adding Maybourne to the mix. They find the key to make the episode interesting and then they blow it up again by introducing the kid. So I would have preferred to see them running around exploring the futuristic city and learning about the inhabitants rather than trying to figure out what to do about the bug bite. Then I would rather have seen them just deal with keeping Teal'c away from Maybourne than introducing the cornball kid angle.

So this episode lets me down twice. I wouldn't say it is a bad episode, except for some of the kid stuff, but I definitely would have enjoyed them taking a different direction. Even having the bugs swarm the SGC would have been more entertaining for me. So not to my taste, but I wouldn't say it is a bad episode.

Comment

Error:

1. Technician says that they are receiving the GDO code of SG-1 and the system identified them, but the wormhole is only opened after this dialogue.
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x10/02.jpg
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x10/03.jpg
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x10/04.jpg
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Error:

1. Technician says that they are receiving the GDO code of SG-1 and the system identified them, but the wormhole is only opened after this dialogue.
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x10/02.jpg
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x10/03.jpg
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x10/04.jpg
                          Oh yup... timing issues... is also a recurring mistake.

Comment

Platschu, there's an error you wouldn't notice, not being from the Pacific Northwest, but while Teal'c is running through the industrial district of Vancouver, British Columbia, there's a sudden shot of the Seattle, Washington skyline. The two cities are about 150 miles apart.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                I never noticed the cars in the background of the uninhabited planet, but I did notice the odd flash of downtown Seattle in the middle of Vancouver.

Seaboe
                                Really? I'll have to look for the Seattle shot.. more often than not it's Vancouver that's called Seattle in movies lol

6.34 on the puzzle
                                sigpic
                                signature art by lunasera

Comment

Working...
                                X