Bane (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
    Another theory is that they were developed as a biological weapon, but it worked too well and there was no control over it.
    Way off! SG-1 travels to a planet with advanced technologies only to learn that the entire population is dead. Why because of massive bugs!! Teal'c is stun by one of them, they bring him back to the SGC and hyginus ensue.

Terrible Terrible Episode!! By far the worst one ever for Stargate. It even beats Emancipation. Imagine that!!

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I refer to this episode as "stupid bug episode" because that's what it is.

Comment

How did Teal'c get out of the SGC?

Comment

this episode was terrible except for the playful sid of teal'c at the end with the water guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
            How did Teal'c get out of the SGC?
            He was being transported from the SGC to either Area 51 or a military hospital (can't remember which exactly) for "treatment", and broke out of his restraints through sheer willpower and overpowered the guards.

As for the quality of the episode, I'm not sure if it was the worst one ever, but it just felt like some aimless filler. A credit to the writers, though, that even their filler eps have some quality moments (most of which have already been noted in the thread). I can remember far, far worse episodes of Voyager.

Comment

Weird episode, and not one of my faves .
              I have some "Ick" issues with Teal'c's metamorphosis,as the Make-up dept really did an excellent job on transforming CJ's appearance.
              I suppose it was a good Teal'c ep though,and there were some good friendship moments, between different members of the SGC .
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I did like the final scenes with the water pistols though where they shot Daniel. So funny
                __

__

Comment

I think they were going for "Ick".
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
                    He was being transported from the SGC to either Area 51 or a military hospital (can't remember which exactly) for "treatment", and broke out of his restraints through sheer willpower and overpowered the guards.

As for the quality of the episode, I'm not sure if it was the worst one ever, but it just felt like some aimless filler. A credit to the writers, though, that even their filler eps have some quality moments (most of which have already been noted in the thread). I can remember far, far worse episodes of Voyager.
                    Thanks for the answer... the scene flashed in my head after I posted it... lol

Comment

I didn't much care for the plot of this episode (I don't much care for bugs either) but I really liked Teal'c's interactions with Ally and especially the water gun scene at the end.

I heard in a behind the scenes thing that RDA was supposed to go to meet Ally with Teal'c but he didn't want to get wet. So they sent MS with him and didn't tell him that he was going to get wet. So the look of surprise on his face is real surprise.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

The premise of the show is a bit of a cliche, true, but I think they did an OK job with it. This was amongst the first episodes where we got to know Teal'c better, and although the ep. will never be amongst my favorites, it's not at the bottom of the barrel either (not that many SG1 episodes are )

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                          I heard in a behind the scenes thing that RDA was supposed to go to meet Ally with Teal'c but he didn't want to get wet. So they sent MS with him and didn't tell him that he was going to get wet. So the look of surprise on his face is real surprise.
                          Heh, I did not know that. That´s pretty funny. He does look a bit... annoyed, when he tugs at his t-shirt.
                          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                            I really liked Teal'c's interactions with Ally and especially the water gun scene at the end.
                            This and O'Neill's evolving relationship with Maybourne save the episode from a stupid concept. The Ally character was a wonderful foil for the big guy, and unlike later episodes featuring his wacky culture shock hijinks outside the base, Teal'c's interactions with the outside world seemed natural and the comedy genuine. No novelty-sized cowboy hats, tie-dye shirts or mugging for the camera. Just Teal'c, unvarnished.
                            END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                              The Ally character was a wonderful foil for the big guy, and unlike later episodes featuring his wacky culture shock hijinks outside the base, Teal'c's interactions with the outside world seemed natural and the comedy genuine. No novelty-sized cowboy hats, tie-dye shirts or mugging for the camera. Just Teal'c, unvarnished.
                              This is about the only thing that made the episode watchable IMO. I'm generally not a big fan of the Wacky Jaffa Culture Shock elements, but this was nicely done.

Comment

I forgot to add that the POV shots of the bug flying around the gateroom were very well done and afforded a unique view of the facility I don't think we've seen since. And how often do you see the iris closing behind a character anymore? I know it's expensive, but the same stock shots of the iris from Season 1 get boring after awhile.
                                END OF LINE

Comment

Working...
                                X