Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

It can be for any TV show, Movies, books, comics, or whatever. The character just has to be fictional, and you must give some reason as to why you like that character.

My Favorite fictional character is Corin Horn (aka Halcyon), A Jedi Knight. He was first introduced in the Rogue Squadron series, although at the time he knew nothing of his Jedi heritage. He was just a really hot shot pilot at the time, and former Cop/Investigator. He later learned of his Jedi heritage while escaping a secret Imperial prison on Coruscant. A few years later he learned to develop his abilities after his wife was kidnapped and he set out to save her. (You can read the story in "I, Jedi"...my favorite SW novel) Unlike most Jedi, his Telekinetic powers are very weak, so he can't use them as a crutch as many Jedi do. He is, however very gifted with projecting thoughts and images. He also has a rare Jedi ability to be able to absorb energy (heat/blasters/explosions/etc.) and convert it, to enhance his limited telekinetic abilities. Since he can't do all the cool 'gravity-defying' flips and TK tricks that the other Jedi can, he is forced to use his wit. That makes him the most dangerous Jedi to go against. He has many little tricks up his sleeve, as well as a sharp mind that he can use to gain the advantage even against much stronger foes. Early on, even Luke Skywalker found it difficult to fight with Corin (he had a rough time in a sparring session), because he only knew how to fight with a Lightsaber. Corin used punches, kicks and pretty much any little dirty manuever in the book. Luke was pretty roughed up, by the end of that sparring match... Corin was a cop used to dealing with the 'dirty' elements, so he had no problem using their techniques in a fight if they would work to his advantage. One example is, that his lightsaber can actually extend its length suddenly, giving Corrin a lot more range to attack with. Many foes have met their end by that little suprise...

Also, in philosophical terms, Corin reminds me of Odysseus in greek Myths. Odysseus wasn't the strongest greek warrior, but he was the smartest and most cunning. It was he who came up with the Trojan horse that ended the War. He alone survived the 10 year journey home. Odysseus is my favorite character in greek mythology.
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

My favourite fictional character has got to be one of the following:

James Bond: Smooth, sophistated, a great military man, excellent fighter, and intelligent. Represents everything any guy would want to be.

O'Neill: Excellent military leader, hot shot pilot, great sense of humour, again, intelligent.

Egon Spengler: Brain of the Ghostbusters, and generally cool.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

John Crichton. Real. Powerful. Poignant. Intelligent. Badass. Destined to live an epic nightmare while trying to find himself and simply searching for a way home. Always a good setting and damn, does Ben Browder pull it off or what.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Chiana, Lya and Trance Gemini.

Comment

I don't really have a favorite. But I do really like Daniel. Then again, I am a language major, and find his knack for languages really cool.
          Daniel:Nyet
          Jack: Daniel?
          Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
          Jack: Nyet???

Comment

omg, i have way to many to begin to list them all!
            Save us from danger, save us from evil
            Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
              John Crichton. Real. Powerful. Poignant. Intelligent. Badass. Destined to live an epic nightmare while trying to find himself and simply searching for a way home. Always a good setting and damn, does Ben Browder pull it off or what.
              I agree.

Also Drusilla from the Buffyverse would have to be one of my, if not my favorite character ever. She was tortured in her past which drove her insane, and Angelus turned her instead of simply killing her to let her pain end (which even his sire Darla thought was wrong but went along anyway because she was totally in love with him), she was the worst thing he ever did and his "masterpiece" she sums up to me the perfect insane character, also being psychic, evil, and immortal just makes her cool.
              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3, which later became known as Big Boss. He's intelligent, hard-boiled, philosopher, enigmatical and he's the greatest soldier ever lived, you just can't compete with that.

Comment

Just one? Oh - that's impossible. But I can say with fair certainty that of all of them I like .... dang it, I can't do this. I'll list the top 5.

1. Tracer Bullet. (one of Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes's many alter egos. A tough detective with killer humour that always matches calvin's currant emotional state - in hilarious ways.)

2. Hobbes. (The tiger. That cat is too cool for words. He's the proverbial devil on Calvin's shoulder but somehow manages to be the angel on the other as well.)

3.Calvin. (The enigmatic, wacky, crazy, nutty, hilarious, (edit: nah, Frueidian ) 6 year old with a terrifyingly precocious veiw of the world. My hero! )

4.Darth Vader. (A man of mystery, a man in pain and a man redeemed. a lost, torn soul who finally found peace.)

5.The Cat (of The Cat Who Walked By Himself. What can I say? That Cat personifies for me the Race of Felines. he doesn't care unless it suits him and though he may seem selfish at first glance, he helps people in a way that makes happy, happy things drop into his lap. That's one cool cat. )

7. My parents. (sometimes they seem like they come straight out of fiction. What characters! Lol!
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

1) Data
                    2) SG1
                    3) Picard
                    4) Dylan Hunt
                    5) Sisko
                    6) Col. Crichton
                    7) Worf
                    8) 7 of 9
                    9) Borg Queen
                    10) Romie

I could keep going for awhile on this one!
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

If I made a list of my favorite from each show book or movie that ever had a character I actually loved... it would be a pretty long list so I'll leave it how i had it... I will say my favorite Stargate character ever is McKay, because... he's just so, McKay! I have no real reasons why I like him so much, I just do.
                      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

This is a really tough question, as I have so many favorites. Also, are we restricted to the TV/movie genre?

Anywho....I guess I'll have to split my decision, for now, between John Crichton and Jack O'Neill. Gotta love their attitudes, their humor and even their dark sides. I have enjoyed watching both, VERY much. Also, they sure are easy on the eyes.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Mine would have to be PSI Judge Cassandra Anderson (of 2000 AD). She is so cool, I rememeber wanting to be her so much when I was little. My other favourites would be Lara Croft, 7 of 9, Mystique and Faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                            Just one? Oh - that's impossible. But I can say with fair certainty that of all of them I like .... dang it, I can't do this. I'll list the top 5.

1. Tracer Bullet. (one of Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes's many alter egos. A tough detective with killer humour that always matches calvin's currant emotional state - in hilarious ways.)

2. Hobbes. (The tiger. That cat is too cool for words. He's the proverbial devil on Calvin's shoulder but somehow manages to be the angel on the other as well.)

3.Calvin. (The enigmatic, wacky, crazy, nutty, hilarious, (edit: nah, Frueidian ) 6 year old with a terrifyingly precocious veiw of the world. My hero! )

4.Darth Vader. (A man of mystery, a man in pain and a man redeemed. a lost, torn soul who finally found peace.)

5.The Cat (of The Cat Who Walked By Himself. What can I say? That Cat personifies for me the Race of Felines. he doesn't care unless it suits him and though he may seem selfish at first glance, he helps people in a way that makes happy, happy things drop into his lap. That's one cool cat. )

7. My parents. (sometimes they seem like they come straight out of fiction. What characters! Lol!

O-Ra is on my list of favorite fictional characters. Since her parents are fictional she must be too. At least she usually acts like a fictional character.
                            Last edited by PYEWACKETT; 14 May 2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

But seriously, Samantha Carter is one of the best female characters because she is a warrior and also a brilliant scientist with a conscience and a sense of humor.
                              Last edited by PYEWACKETT; 14 May 2005, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X