Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My theory as too why their is no Naquadah on Earth.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory as too why their is no Naquadah on Earth.

Ok this is my 2 cents as too why their is no naqadah on Earth, which icame about as I was pondering another question. Throughout the stargate seasons we have come to learn that the ancients have spent a lot of time on Earth, as atlantis was either built here or was stationed here for some time. This is the reason why their is no naquadah on Earth, the Ancients used it all! They would of needed lots of it too build the network of stargates in the milky way as well as fuel their technology wouldnt they? So why not mine the Earth completely dry? This however raises the question, why is the Earth today(or 100 years ago anyways) so resource rich in other minerals. I mean, you cant possibly think that atlantis isnt made out of just naquadah. I mean it would have to have heaps of metals and alloys, wouldnt it?

naquahdah would be the building blocks behind their great civilisation but how do you know that earth wasent more rich in minerals and raw materials there just happens to be enough left for us to build our civilisation, if you can call it that.
    i wonder like we fuse other materials to make alloys did the ancients do the same with naqahdah, there is naquadria but thats just too unstable but maybe they gave the goa'uld the idea first of all????
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Maybe the Ancients chose Earth as one of there bases because there isn't any Naquadah. Maybe they wanted a place they could live where they did'nt have to worry about other races coming to mine for it?.....
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I've heard that, until a few million years ago, Mars was a low-oxygen world capable of supporting life....maybe the Naquadah was mined there.....because all of the surface naquadah on earth may have been mined....

That may also be the reason why the asteroid in "Fail Safe" had naquadah in it

----Warning...The facts in this post have been "bent" by the poster. They should not be considered to be a reliable source of information.
        Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/m...naquadah.shtml

Naquadah doesn't exist in our solar system. My theory is that when the galaxy was formed, naquadah was only formed in certain sectors of the galaxy(ZZ9 Plural-Z Alpha?).
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
          LANDRY
          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

here my theory:
            the ancients origionated on earth, they used their technology when advanced enough to actually create an element, naquada in order to build the stargates, after the ancients built the stargates they used a process similar to the kelomwna incident to create naquada deposits on all thier world, enough to support the construction of atlantis, on earth.
            no atlantis isnt made of naquada nothing is actually made of naquada becasue its too radiactive, when they say its the building blocks of civilizations, they mean it powers everything not that they actually get bricks of naquada and built a wall.
            Atlantis is IMO constructed of trinium or a trinium alloy. this would allow the conductivity the structural strength and they lightness for that sized vessel to fly, if it was built of naquada i assure you it would sink regardless of any technology, naquada is extreamly dense, 'upgrades' prove that.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

I like that idea alot Immo!.....The Ancients actually created it...hmmmmm

I also agree, I believe the Ancients might have originated on Earth.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

*POSSIBLE ATLANTIS S1 SPOILERS*

Didn't they say in one episode of atlantis that the walls of atlantis were actually pretty weak as if the ancients were ever to inhabit atlantis, they'd have the shield at full power and no need for particularly strengthened walls and hence the water would've destroyed atlantis. but then again, water is a pretty destructive and it was an amazingly strong storm so maybe even the trinium alloy that you suggested was not strong enough to withstand the power of the waves.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Actually its not that complicated. All celestial bodies are formed from the materials available to them. Earth, and all the other planets in the solar system don't have Naquadah because it wasn't available in the debris from which the Solar system is formed from. Debris?... you ask??

Yes, debris. From stars that went... BOOM!!! (Super Nova) Naquadah like most other elements are formed from the Fusion process within stars. The hydrogen and other elements within stars are 'fused' together to make heavier elements. Our sun, is not heavy enough to do very heavy elements. Not really anything heavier than Lead. To have such heavy elements as Naquadah, Plutonium, Uranium, etc.... they would have to come from Larger than normal stars that went supernova. Our star won't go supernova because it isn't heavy enough.

The point being... the Naquadah had to originate from very large stars that scattered their debris when they died, and that debris from them eventually came together to form planets, moons, asteroids, and even new stars. So, our solar system simply didn't have such heavy materials available. Even if the Ancients had mined huge amounts of Naquadah from earth, we would still be able to find it, even if only in microscopic amounts. We find extremely rare elements on Earth all the time like that. There is one in particular that is almost perfect for Nuclear Fusion reactors, but of which there is only enough on Earth to experiment with, and no more. However, there is tons of it on the Moon. The reason?? The moon doesn't have a magnetic field... Earth does. The particles of this element are radiated out from the Sun in microscopic amounts, but it has been collecting on the Moon for billions of years. On Earth however, the particles are deflected by the magnetic field and thus there is only trace amounts of it.

About 200 pounds of that element is enough to power the city of Dallas, Texas for an entire year. If Naquadah were anywhere in the solar system, we would likely find at least trace amounts of it. (but not neccessarily... there could be extinuating circumstances) In any case... it wasn't because the Ancients used it all up.

Spoiler:
                  The Ancients did not come from Earth (spoiler for season 9 on Gateworld)
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

what is this element thats perfect and is on the moon?
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

also as to the GW spoiler for the anceints origin they could simply mean the first town or city the ancients built on earth, perhaps thats the arthurian link, the ancients first city was avalon?
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

We know that the ancients did spend a lot of time on Earth, so this would lead us to believe that they had some kind of permanent structure there, unfortunatley we have not found any. However we also know that the ancients experimented with the creation of life by artificial means, and we know that in there later years they enforced a sort of, "Prime Directive" a "Non-Interference Policy" it could simply be that there is no Naquadah or traces of Ancient civilization on Earth because they removed it all to see how we would evolve without it, thisis just one of many possibilities, I apoligize if someone has previously posted this.

EDIT: The fact that there is no naquadah on Earth or in Earths' solar system is reason to believe that is was removed on purpose, we have not currently seen another system such as ours with no trraces of Naquadah at all.

Owen Macri
                        Last edited by _Owen_; 12 May 2005, 12:19 PM. Reason: Just wanted to add something.

Comment

yeah i agree much more with the artifical removal of it that it simply never being here.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

The chances of the entire galaxy forming with naquadah pretty much everywhere and then having no naquadah in a ceratin region is pretty much impossible. This leaves a couple reasons why there could be no naquadah. Among the many reasons, there is the obvious "artificial removal," theory, and then one I have thought that is a little farther out there... perhaps the entire solar system was artificialy created. This would not be such a challenge for the Ancients.

Owen Macri

Comment

I still do not know what is naquadah. I'd like to get an explanation somewhere down the line. What is the subatomic makeup of this entity?
                              If you tell me it is just some chemical elements found in some mineral on an alien planet, I'd say it is physically impossible.
                              I cannot think of any nuclear structure of an element not in our periodic table that is stable enough to last more than a few seconds.
                              "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X