No announcement yet.

Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a relatively new poster, I don't know if this is appropriate. However, I was wondering if the actress who played Shaare was really pregnant since she and MS were together at that point and they have a child together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
      As a relatively new poster, I don't know if this is appropriate. However, I was wondering if the actress who played Shaare was really pregnant since she and MS were together at that point and they have a child together.
      I've heard that she really was pregnant when they were filming, but since she's decidedly not pregnant in her last couple of scenes, I have to wonder. They'd have to have filmed her scenes at the end of her pregnancy, hoping that she didn't go into labor early, and then wait (either leaving the relevant sets up, which eats up space, or rebuilding them later, which wouldn't be all that cheap) for the actress to give birth and return to work, and that'd probably be at least a few weeks.

I'm not saying that she wasn't actually pregnant during the filming, it's certainly possible, just that it seems unlikely to me.

Comment

This was another episode that made me want to hug poor Sam.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/secrets.html
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
          This was another episode that made me want to hug poor Sam.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/secrets.html
          I don't know about feeling sorry for Carter, I do feel sorry for Daniel though. He finds his wife only to learn that she has been impregnated and is still possessed by Amonet. Then of course she is taken away by Apophis once more. Though I guess you have a point, Sam is having petty spats with her father...

You have to wonder if a part of the government assassinated the reporter. The culprits could include The President, Kinsey, Hammond, or the NID. In my opinion it was Kinsey and his "associates".
          sigpic

Comment

I really liked how Jack handled the reporter. Deny deny deny. His expressions also reveal nothing.

The famous "O'Neill with 2 L's" line. I never get tired of it.

I wonder if it was really an accident.

Why is Sha're back in Abydos? Apophis allowed her to go back there? Is it because he thinks the child would be safer there than with him? If Sha're saw Daniel in the gateroom, wouldn't the goa'uld inside her know it as well?

Heru'ur is such a wimp. Always running away. I loved it when Jack threw the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
              I really liked how Jack handled the reporter. Deny deny deny. His expressions also reveal nothing.
              Sort of like when Jack was in a similar situation with Martin Lloyd in "Point of No Return".

And of course, the "two l's" quote is definitely brilliant.
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                Sort of like when Jack was in a similar situation with Martin Lloyd in "Point of No Return".
                When you have been in the secret service as long as Jack has you learn how to spin a lie.
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome episode, has always been one of my favourites - again probably because of the Goa'uld content and the new story arc with Apophis's child and Heru'ur because he is cool - I just love the horus guards compared to the serpent guards.

I don't know if it was just me but Jack seemed to have doubt in this eye or maybe suspicious with Hammond when he got his medal, since he was the only one he told and then "the accident" happen it does put your suspicion right up there. It either really was an accident (because I can't see General Hammond ordering that done) or like others have said the other powers that be in regards to the Stargate program found out and had it done.

I wonder what it is that suppresses the Goa'uld when a women is with child probably some hormone that is increased during pregnancy. I bet it was also a conscious decision by Amauunet as well since she would know what Apophis's plans were, i guess that is also why he needed a new queen someone that could bear his child.

I loved how you got to see the horus suit fully unpack that was awesome special effects.

Heru'ur is so smug just standing there, good on Jack for throwing the knife - great aim.

Interesting back story with Sam's father also being in the Air Force.

I doubt it would be long before Shaur're lost what little control she (in regards to seeing them but not giving them up) had and Amauunet regained full control of the host. Got to feel sorry for Daniel, so close but so far.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Has it ever been actually revealed who the reporter's source was? I just watched this episode for the first time, and my immediate guess was Samuels, but I haven't seen anything to confirm or deny that.

Comment

Just throwing a random comment into the mix. I really liked this episode, for many of the reasons people have commented on (2L's comment, Jacob Carter, Sha're/Apophis/Heru'ur storyline, etc). But here are my two tops:

The dialogue here between Daniel and Teal'c ~ where Teal'c berates Daniel for feeling sorry for himself and urges him to do something ~ is fantastic.
                      Daniel: Hasn't she gone through enough? I mean, what are you.... what are you talking about here Teal'c? Handing her over to Maybourne for study?
                      Teal'c: The knowledge she possesses could one day save your world.
                      Daniel: I DON'T CARE!
                      *guh
                      The later scene between Daniel and Sha're when she's giving birth was more overly dramatic for my tastes, but because of Shanks outrage here, the later scene was made more believable.

....and....

Teal'c: It is a lengthy tale.
                      Jack: Long story, Teal'c

Comment

I'm watching the rerun of the series and I really like this episode , must be one of the best of season 2.

So much happening here with pregnant Sha're, Daniel and Aphophis, Sam and Jacob Carter, O'Neill and the reporter revealing the stargate program.

All this made the rest of season 2 so great

I give it 10 out of 10.

Comment

i love episodes featuring abydos

Comment

Everything happens in this episode. An introduction of a new character, the death of a new character, Daniel gets his girl and Jack says something funny. An episode for everybody.
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode because of the fact of the Daniel/Shar'e stuff.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Hmm, I'd forgotten Jacob was quite the SOB before Selmak. I can undserstand his POV, he was maybe dying and wanted to give his little girl her "dream job" and was unconfused and annoyed when it appeared she turned it down in favour of being sitting analysing data at a computer after all the strings he pulled.

On the other hand, dude, how about checking out if it is still her dream job, things change. Also maybe don't spring it on her in public like that at a ceremony celebrating how amazing she is at her current job. And if you can guess that they aren't doing Deep Space Telemetry then maybe its not such a leap to think that she's doing more than just being a geek techie for the Air Force, even if the Stargate Program is beyond your wildest imaginings. Anyway, Selmak was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X