No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to make a statement I liked Harry & Luna together as a couple that is who I would've put Harry with if I were writing the story Ginny came out of nowhere for me in the movies and in the books but I don't hate Ginny like some other fans do I just didn't see it coming and I think it more had to do with what family Ginny was from than if she was a love match for Harry I think JK wanted Harry to be part of family he loved. That is just my 2 cents hope I didn't offend I was adding them in a game on here and I added them to my sig if you can see it here is my HP themed sig before I sized it for Pottermore fan forums

http://pottermoreforum.net/

sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Have you checked out Pottermore? I they allowed people on the site, but I think once they got a certain number they closed it down so those people could beta test the site. From what I hear...it adds another layer to the world of Harry Potter.
      I believe its open to everyone. I got in as a bata member though, so not positive. it has some good content. Though so far I'm disappointed with what she put up with POA so far, but only half the book is out.
      sigpic

Comment

Sad news for Potter fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21973505

Such a shame. He was one of my favourite actors. RIP Richard.

Comment

RIP Richard Griffiths..
          Such an amazing actor, what an incredible role he played in as Mr. Dursley. A really sad day...

Comment

Rest In Peace you did a great job was a good somewhat bad guy we were not supposed like him and he did his job
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

aww that sad to read . He did do a great job with the role.
              sigpic

Comment

I was sad when I heard of his death. He really brought life to Uncle Vernon.
                sigpic

Comment

In November I went to WB Studios in Leavesden England to see "The Making of Harry Potter" Tour. I have posted a number of blog entries with pictures HERE if you would like to check them out. I took over 1,000 pictures and spent 5 1/2 hours at the studio. This is not the only movie studio I have every been too but I must say that it is the most impressive display of any I have been too. The detail they went to with all the props for the Harry Potter films is amazing. Everything at the studio tour was used in the film except one item. When I was there they had the studio decked out for the holiday's with snow and Winter decorations from the films. I would recommend to anyone that is a fan of Harry Potter to go if you have a chance but plan on taking your time to enjoy the studio.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

JK Rowling says she got Harry Potter romance wrong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26007732

Harry Potter would have been a better match for Hermione Granger than her actual beau Ron Weasley, author JK Rowling has revealed in an interview.

Speaking in Wonderland magazine, the writer said she made Ron and Hermione a couple "for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility".

"If I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that," she told guest editor Emma Watson.

The actress played Hermione in the film versions of Rowling's fantasy novels.

In the interview, published in full in the latest edition of the Wonderland quarterly, Rowling admits she made a mistake in having Hermione marry Ron at the end of her seven-novel cycle.

"I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy," Watson responds in excerpts from the interview printed in the Sunday Times.

Rowling said she could "hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans" of her work and that she hoped she would not be "breaking people's hearts" with her revelations.

Ron and Hermione, she reportedly goes on, would have needed counselling to sustain a relationship the best-selling author describes "as a form of wish fulfilment" on her part.

Potter fans will be aware that Ron and Hermione eventually marry at the end of the Potter saga, and that Harry himself marries Ron's sister Ginny.

Daniel Radcliffe played the title role in the eight Harry Potter films, while Rupert Grint and Bonnie Wright played Ron and Ginny respectively.

Comment

Interesting, I personally like that Ron and Hermione ended up together, especially the way those two argued. From the movies perspective there seems to be a lot more scenes with Hermione and Harry, so I can see why someone who didn't read the books would think that. But in the story it made sense to me. Did she say why she did write it that way?
                      sigpic

Comment

It's ironic because at the time the books came out; she said some quite cutting things about Harry/Hermione shippers.

Personally I think she's still got it wrong. I don't care who Hermione ends up with but Harry and Luna should always have ended up together.

*sigh* doesn't change the canon one jot though.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Interesting, but frankly she wrote a *very* realistic romance between Ron and Hermionie. Frankly, I bought it. And sometimes love doesn't always have to be the obvious choice.

But yes... the whole Ginny thing was out of the blue, I didn't buy it, but it DID give Harry the family he deserved...

I ship Neville and Luna though, even though JK says they didn't hook up...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I still want to read a prequel with the Marauders. We get back story, and there is fan fiction, but I'd still like one. And I shipped Neville/ Luna too.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              I still want to read a prequel with the Marauders. We get back story, and there is fan fiction, but I'd still like one. And I shipped Neville/ Luna too.
                              I too want a book series written about the Marauders and their time at school. But I can see that she doesn't want to only write this but it would make a great story (and probably movies). And she'd make a lot of money not that she needs that.

I get that she didn't want to pair everyone off in the end, but I too shipped Luna/ Neville.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X