Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concept for the next SG series (silly or serious)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept for the next SG series (silly or serious)

Ok fellow SG brethern...let's here what you think or see for the next SG series. It could involve present charcter's and cast, It could be what the SG program would look like and be in the future. It could be something completely different than either the original SG or SGA. Or it could be (borrowing a page from my good friend Lida's thread) something very silly for the next SG series.

On the serious side.... I would love to see a spin off when the original SG finally comes to an end, where they cast Teal'c as the president of a Jaffa lead Gov't that work's closely with Earth as the policeman and protectors of the known galaxies (I know this already kinda sounds like where SG is headed and even a little Star Trekkie like).

On the silly side.....How about an evil alternate universe SG show. Where Earth is taken over Lord Ludicrious and his evil reggae playing Jaffa warriors. They drive the known universe crazy with there God aweful reggae music. (Yeah I know my silly idea sucks, sorry).

Let's hear those ideas silly or serious, Who knows maybe one of the SG writers will steal an idea from one of us
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 11 May 2005, 12:06 PM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Serious: Stargate the Dark Age (just winged the title, it's not a major concern) - Show us the resistance before the Tauri. The rise of the Goa'uld, the split with the Tok'ra, the conflicts with the other benevolent aliens (What fate Omaroca?). Let's see the beginning ;p (Although not really the beginning, b/c the mythology goes back farther to the ancients)

Silly: Stargate Wonderland - The ill-fated SG13 goes through the gate into what looks like paradise, but becomes indefinately trapped in another dimension chased by the ruthless Queen of Hearts. Together with their allies the addled rabbit and mysterious Smoking Caterpillar, they must outwit her evil minions constantly in an effort to raise sufficient force in the population to retake the stargate and get home.
    Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Silly- Stargate: Attack of the cotton wool- Some people are afraid of cotton wool, I can just picture John chasing Rodney around Atlantis with a bit of cotton wool!

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I think many would argue that the future of Stargate is sort of 'trekkian' in nature. I think a cool idea for a new series would be to follow the efforts of Earth to build an interstellar alliance of old races we've met and new ones we haven't. Sort of like what Enterprise tried to do, but failed. (They waited too long to get to the interesting stuff and now its too late) The internal politics of Earth would provide interesting hurdles to establishing an Alliance that could be built for the mutual defence of many worlds, besides the off-world politics. Even though the Goa'uld are largely defeated, there are still many threats that are a danger to Earth.

I would love to see the many human (and some non-human) races come together in an Alliance. I can think of several that would be great allies. The Habridians, the Orbanians, the Pangarans, the Gamekeeper's world, and many others including the Jaffa of course. (The Habridians and Orbanians would be very useful allies, because of how advanced they are)

Earth already has good relations with many of these worlds, but that isn't the same as joining forces to help defend one another. That would be a bit more difficult to accomplish, but it would be worth it. The resources and combined efforts of all the worlds would allow them to effectively oppose any challenger. The Habridians are already very advanced, the Orbanians potential for rapid advancement is astonishing, Earth has access to many alien and Ancient technologies as well as the most complete list of stargate addresses of any race, and other planets would have the ability to contribute their own strengths as well.

Maybe (like the videogame) it could be called... Stargate: Alliance.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
          I think a cool idea for a new series would be to follow the efforts of Earth to build an interstellar alliance of old races we've met and new ones we haven't. Sort of like what Enterprise tried to do, but failed. (They waited too long to get to the interesting stuff and now its too late) The internal politics of Earth would provide interesting hurdles to establishing an Alliance that could be built for the mutual defence of many worlds, besides the off-world politics. Even though the Goa'uld are largely defeated, there are still many threats that are a danger to Earth.

I would love to see the many human (and some non-human) races come together in an Alliance. I can think of several that would be great allies. The Habridians, the Orbanians, the Pangarans, the Gamekeeper's world, and many others including the Jaffa of course. (The Habridians and Orbanians would be very useful allies, because of how advanced they are)
          That's a cool idea, but I don't think we could build a whole new series around it, b/c it's just too similar what SG1 does. It could be a great story arc for SG1 or maybe an sg1 based movie (one can dream ;p), but not a new series, imo.

Earth has... the most complete list of stargate addresses of any race, and other planets would have the ability to contribute their own strengths as well.
          I don't think so... we have more than the Goa'uld and the other human worlds, but there are still several civilizations about that could've been here when the gates were built - some of which were the Ancients' allies. I'd almost guarantee the Nox have a more complete list than us. I'd bet the Asgard do as well, 'cuz, friendly as they've been, the relationship is not yet to the share everything stage. It's still mostly share the stuff with immediate importance to defeating common enemies stage.

Then there's also civilizations that seem very advanced and knowledgeable, like the Retu, or the aliens that took over the sgc with the impersonation devices, or the Giants from "Crystal Skull", any one of which could have a good deal more knowledge about the gates than us.

Comment

Very SERIOUSLY I would like to see...

STARGATE RECRUITS... something like Proving Ground, but really get into their personal lives. I'd like to see it on the WB! Wouldn't that be cool! With music during the show, with today's popular music like they always do on WB shows. I think it'd get lots of teens involved in Stargate. It'd have to be really well done though, nothing too cheesy. Smallville could have been really cheesy, but I think they've done a good job and I think they could do something with Stargate that would get teens into it! The Recruits can all be just out of High School. It'll be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
              Very SERIOUSLY I would like to see...

STARGATE RECRUITS... something like Proving Ground, but really get into their personal lives. I'd like to see it on the WB! Wouldn't that be cool! With music during the show, with today's popular music like they always do on WB shows. I think it'd get lots of teens involved in Stargate. It'd have to be really well done though, nothing too cheesy. Smallville could have been really cheesy, but I think they've done a good job and I think they could do something with Stargate that would get teens into it! The Recruits can all be just out of High School. It'll be great!
              For a project this important, they're only gonna be taking the proven best of the best, so they'd have to be just out of a military academy, not high school. But I would love to maybe see one based on the new recruits' sg team (starring Cadet Hailey, please, please ;p)

Comment

Stargate TNG: Based 100 years in the future when all of the people of Earth know of the stargate. The world has united as one nation to compete on an intergalactic level. This sounds so much like a Trek/Stargate mix...sounds really cool...but I can see how some would call it cheesy.
                sigpic

Comment

Silly:
                  Stargate/Red Dwarf
                  So the team goes through a planet's stagate in a puddle jumper, but due to wierd stuff that Carter can explain later, are caught in a time warp and find themselve 2 million years into the future. They are now forced to deal with a new human civilization, and a new race of humanoids that are descended from McKay's cat.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Colorado Springs: SG1 the early years

Starring that kid who played mini-jack.

A show where we find out that Sam, Jack, Daniel, Hammond, and even Teal'c were acctually all in High School together. We get to explore how they all forgot eachother, how a mysterious age gap grew between them, and how Teal'c ended up on another planet with a snake in his belly, not to mention see how Teenage life is not too disimilar from gate travel for our spotty young heroes.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                      Silly:
                      Stargate/Red Dwarf
                      So the team goes through a planet's stagate in a puddle jumper, but due to wierd stuff that Carter can explain later, are caught in a time warp and find themselve 2 million years into the future. They are now forced to deal with a new human civilization, and a new race of humanoids that are descended from McKay's cat.
                      LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      (slol=still laughing out loud)
                      O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                      [Cut to shot of the door]
                      [Cut back to O'Neill]
                      O'NEILL: Any time now.
                      [Cut back to door]

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo
                        Stargate TNG: Based 100 years in the future when all of the people of Earth know of the stargate. The world has united as one nation to compete on an intergalactic level. This sounds so much like a Trek/Stargate mix...sounds really cool...but I can see how some would call it cheesy.

I like it hall!...I know it does sound Trek like, but what the heck.

I like the concept of a serious SG show set a good 100 or even 200 years in future. I like the idea of the world knowing about the SG program by then and seeing what the politics behind it would be in the future. I guess we would be up to the X-320+ by then
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo
                          Why bother jumping 100 years? That would just later create gaps for bad prequel shows that mess with continuity.. Just make stargate series for 100 years

Comment

although a lot of people see time travel as a way to redfresh a series when it gets tired and old but a sort of time travel series could work

i have discussed this endlessly and have been thinking of this since the episode "1969" where daniel says that they could go back and see the pyramids being built and the great wall of china, of course SPOILERS FOR SEASON 8******

going back in time is what cuased the uprising against RA so other events in time could be sparked by interference with the timeline and could be an interesting spin off if it was done correctly in the style of stargate.
                            not to kick startrek down as i do still like it but have since converted to stargate but a temporal prime directive always sucked if time travel was that widely used its a sure bet sombody would use iot for their own good by changing the past to gain power or profit in the present day (present day to their prespective whatever year it would be) so i wouldnt want that to interfere in a stargate timetravel series.
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

The star gate exterme.
                              Like star trek but more aliens. The leaders an asguard, the medics a nox...
                              Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Working...
                              X