Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    RESIDENT ALIEN
    GateWorld talks with Rachel Luttrell

Actress Rachel Luttrell shares her favorite memories from the first season of Stargate Atlantis, and what she hopes Season Two will bring.

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 August 2006, 10:36 PM.

Thanks for the interview! She seems quite lovely, as I've said before, knowing the people behind your fav shows are humble and cool people makes the show that much more fun.
    A wish list, hmm. You know what? I'm looking forward to diving into more of her background and more of what has made her who she is. I'm also interested in seeing her vulnerability. However that will play out I don't know. It may play out with her emotional ties, or with something that has happened to her in the past. But I'm looking forward to finding the little chinks in her armor because she is such a proud, guarded person and she's very, very strong, but it'll be interesting to really explore more of her vulnerability.
    But heck, I'm also looking forward to more fighting sequences. Having said that, sure, I want to see the vulnerable side of Teyla, but I'm really excited about all this great stuff I'm learning in terms of fighting techniques. It's really cool.
    WOOHOO!!!! A 3-D Teyla and we get more stick fighting. And the stick fighting is making a logical progression. Man, now I'm really ready for July.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

This is the third interview I've heard of Rachel and she is deffo a very lovely person - very bubbly.

Great interview - I think it would be interesting to see the vulnaribility of Teyla as she always seems so strong.

Comment

Very nice interview. I was at the Newark convention and was very impressed with her poise and grace. Give the drama of the show, you don't get to see the characters smile that much. Rachel has a wonderful smile and a delightful laugh. I hope there will be reasons for her to laugh on the show.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Wonderful interview David .... It was really nice to hear the joy of her job...in her voice

Now David I do hope you will give all of the Shepperd/Weir Shippers the same type of open relationship questions when you talk to Torri/Weir.
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

lovely interview David
            sigpic

Comment

That was a really lovely interview David, thanks so much! It was really nice to see Rachel interviewed and she comes across as a very lovely, honest and warm person. Thanks for giving us more insight into the actress behind the mysterious Teyla, I hope to see her interviewed again in the future.

Lucy xxx

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                Now David I do hope you will give all of the Shepperd/Weir Shippers the same type of open relationship questions when you talk to Torri/Weir.
                And don't forget Mckay/Weir either

Is there a Torri interview going to happen soon then or is it just a case of when it happens somewhere in the future?

Anyway, great interivew. Rachel sounds so nice and so happy with her job - loved all the questions and her answers.

Comment

A Torri interview, hmm?? ...

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    A Torri interview, hmm?? ...
                    me thinks David has little sumptin sumptin up his sleeve Oh I HOPE so
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I typically share little tidbits about what happened during or around this interview and it dawned on me that I never did for this one. Rachel was staying with a friend and had just got in from shoveling snow out of her driveway! She really is delightful and reminds me a lot of AT.

When we were on set with Joe Flanigan it was her closeup shot after she, Ronon Dex and a troop of Athosians came through the Stargate. She had to walk off-stage in the area where we were sitting and every time she came down the ramp Joe shouted something different at her, generating a different response out of Rachel for each take. It was quite funny.

Comment

Yet another brilliantly, lengthy interview David. Good stuff, indeed. I particularly like the detailed responses from the questions, not just from Rachel, but everyone who has been interviewed. Look forward to watching/listening to future ones.
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

Yes, please! :-)

I enjoyed reading/hearing the interview, and think Rachel Luttrell sounds like a very sweet and genuine person.

But I must admit I wasn't thrilled to see relationship questions that only focussed on a Sheppard/Teyla "ship" pairing. I know this isn't a "shipper" discussion/debate forum, but I must say that while I love both the characters, I personally see no signs of a love match between them, and so was a bit disconcerted by the relationship questions.

I hope that questions regarding a possible Sheppard/Weir pairing are given equal time in the near future! ;-)

Elmindreda

Comment

a very good interview, she is increadibly humble and doesnt hype her self one bit, good quality to have.

Comment

Expect another audio interview with Rachel soon

Comment

Working...
                              X