This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of ship would you build??

If you were the "head honcho" of the whole stargate program like what general hammond is what kind of ships would you want to build next? of course a couple battle cruisers would be nice but some new ships to be used for different purposes would be cool.. here is what i would have built:

1) A puddle jumper type ship that is made for transport and exploration through the gate.. i dont really want to see it used for EVERY mission.. just when needed most..

2) a ship that can be matched up to an Al'kesh.. a cloaked bomber type ship used only for attacks on earth, MAYBE have one stored at the alpha site incase of attack..

What kind of ships would you build? MotherShip, new Battle Cruisers, new fighters, bombers? feel free to post some ideas
    I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

1st I would build 100 F302s. Easier to train pilots then 1000s to crew a larger ship. Also they can be easily replaced...F302s I mean.
    2nd I'd build small armored fast attack ships like corvettes or frigates size. Adds some muscle to the fleet. Also they can be used to attack enemy shipping and installations.
    3rd build some larger ships like the 303s.
    4th Just for fun, ships 2x the size of a Battlestar!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Huge Commercial Space Crafts equivalent to Planes today, Going all over the universe.
      Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Im actually a bigger fan of Star Wars then Stargate, so I kinda would like to create YT-1300 - YT-2400 (similar to the Mellinnium Falcon) style ships. And Star Destroyers, imagine the wraith trying to go up against one of those.

But if I have to pertain to the stargate universe. I think a fleet made up of four prometheus class ships and 6 Daedalus. That should cover our tails pretty nicely next time the Goa'uld emass enough power to show their ugly faces again, or the wraith for that matter. If we had a fleet of these over earth and one fleet over atlantis, we'd be set. Not to mention a full set of 302s on all ships. We really need to make our own versions of Al'kesh...

Plus some Puddle Jumpers with some beefed up weapons that dont require the gene to fire. Made a combo ship of a puddle jumber and some 302 stuff.

The only thing Stargate needs now is Jedi-like dudes with sabers...

JK

Comment

all of my ideas on the future of earths ship is here:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...9&page=1&pp=20, page 1-5 are gd 6-7 are a bit lacking.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

A ship that can be compressed to any size or shape, that would be cool to have, but from what we already have on Stargate.

100xF-302's
            20xPuddle Jumpers
            2xPrometheus

Comment

I would offer the now free Jaffa soldiers the opportunity to come to Earth to work on building new 303's, 304's...etc...With some of there Goa'uld technology, willingness to continue to beat upon rougue system Lord's, there warrior mentality and fight training. They would be a great asset to any kind of program to build and even eventually serve on ships.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Intersteller Fighter / Scout: Fighter capable of gate travel and limited hyperspace travel. Built from the x302 and downed wraith fighters from atlantis.
                Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

I would build the 'Rodney McKay'
                  It's be the coolest, fastest, strongest ship around! It'd be equiped with-
                  Energy shield
                  Invisibility thingy
                  Hyperspace engines
                  Small enough so its capable of gate travel
                  Energy weapons
                  Drones
                  Sensor equipment (thermal, etc)
                  Satelite TV
                  And a computer with internet!

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I would build a version of the puddle jumper and then i dont know if you could call if a space ship maybe you can but a new space spacestation fitted F302's.
                    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

i have a spacestation design on the other thread, 3rd or 2nd pages, ill try and find it.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      11000! green me

Comment

found it:

mega ship:

this ship will be the center of all tauri spaceflight for the next 500 years it will effectivly replace earth as our planet, our command centre and our home, this ship will be about the size of earth, it will be one giant city connected with a network of stargates, telproters and beaming technology.
                        there will be factorys that churn out 1 x- 305 every 2 days. it will have offices, parks, schools, courts, public building everything needed to sustain life in a constantly advancing and expanding way.

this ship/plantet will be armed of course: the ships weapens will include a large network of cannons able to bring down any ship ( sorta like giant ion cannons), the will be 3 ancient chairs will unlimited glowing blob ammo, it will also have the capabilitys to end all life, turn back time, shut off all gate activity everywhere, travel anywhere and to anytime, thanks to the reclamation of the ancient empire( and tech) and earth/ asguard.
                        retoengineering.

the ship will also we protected by a planetary defence system: the entire planet will be protected by a network of ancient shields divided by replicator disrupter and long range sensor/weopons satalites. all main areas will be backed up with a double layer of firstly ancient ship like atlantis and then an asguard shield.

capabilitys: the super-ship will be made up of a series of interlocking atlantis sized ships(12 to be precise), each ship has all the capabilys above but when joined together become a huge ' death star' type ship.

power( omg) : each 'mini super ship' will be powered by 9 ZMP's,at a massive 108 ZPM's, every ship also has large power generators, two types ( on asguard designm the other a bigger version of the naquada reactor, still good even after 500yrs).

the super ship will be able to dock every ship in every fleet the tauri have because the inside of the super ship is hollow and because of a complex ship storage system invented by earth scientists

dont make fun i know its the most farfetched ship design on the forum but we are talking along way in the future when the tauri are the ancients effectivly and the asguard share all their knowledge, most of our scientist have the database of ancinet knowledge in thier mind and we have the resouses of 16 galaxies at our disposal.

heres the modern fleet design also:

ok fleet design in draft-will be ready in the next 10-50 years:

size: will contail 60 ship of various sizes.

ship in the fleet;
                        x-303's:8- old model used to combat small to medium sized problems
                        x-304's:8- old model but still respected, used to deal with general situations
                        x-305's:12- new model, good all round cna take out all MW based vessels
                        x-306's:6- newest and best ship, able to take down and asguard BC.
                        hataks:12- support vessel used in similar way as goauld used the alkesh
                        alkesh:15- used as troop transport and recon, not much else
                        science vessels: 5 athena/ loki type ships- have them in fleet but only in reserve, no fighting capasity simpy to deal with unexpected stuff( disarming a galatic bomb ETC)

uses of the fleet: defending earth and its empire ( we own most of MW now or at least what the gouald owned), exploring other galaxys( the arguards), trying to reach PG while exploring.

strenth of fleet ( asguards opinion): a strong, well formed, balenced fleet that will go far if manged correctly.

other capabilitys of x-306: 5 of the ship in a special formation can boost the power of the shields to encompase all the fleet allowing the rest of the fleet to escape in to hyperspace or fight back in need be. the shield will effectifly be impenatrable.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

great ideas guys (and gals).. keep them comin... i would say first priority would be the defense of earth like a few more battle cruisers and 302s.. once thats out of the way build some new sweet types of ships

And in Atlantis, search for some downed wraith darts.. study the engines, did threw the ancient data base and start building!!!! i would like to see some fighters smaller than the puddle jumpers that they either find on atlantis OR build... just that topic alone provides MANY story poosiblities

Comment

the cloak from the alkesh would be great to adapt it for the prometheus or the deadalus.

i havent seen all episodes form atlantis season 1 so im not sure, do the wraith darts have cloaks or is it just the puddlejumpers?
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                              the cloak from the alkesh would be great to adapt it for the prometheus or the deadalus.

i havent seen all episodes form atlantis season 1 so im not sure, do the wraith darts have cloaks or is it just the puddlejumpers?
                              The darts dont have cloaks, just the PJs i love the idea of a cloaked bomber.. they wouldn't even know what hit them, literally

Comment

Working...
                              X