This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Season 4- Is it worth getting?

Here in Australia, Channel Nine's treatment of Farscape has been appalling and I really do wish to see the final season before moving on to the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries. So, is Farscape Season 4 any good?

I loved season 4!...to me the whole Farscape franchise got better with each season!...You get alot of the Scarrens and a trip back to Earth with Moya and the crew in Season 4...I definetly recommend watching Season 4 before watching the 'Peace Keeper Wars' mini series...it set's it all up for the mini series.
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 07 May 2005, 03:53 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I love the episode where they document the crew on Earth

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        I love the episode where they document the crew on Earth

I totally agree!...if I remember right it was done over 3 or 4 episodes. They land near cape Canaveral right around Holloween (back in the future). Those scenes of Rigel discovering human candy were hilarious. Those outfits the crew wore were also a riot!. Claudia's skimpy outfit with her mid-drift showing was downright sexy!
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

the scenes in Kansas (the eppy your talkin bout) are so funny at parts) poor ryg, got so addicted to all that candy

oh hell yea.... true the first half od S4 (well a few eppys) are a lil more darker... the What Was Lost arc ect. love the UR/Kansas/ TerraFirma eppy series arc too... hell i love the last half of the season the best... oh yes and the We're So Screwed arc & Bad Timing are some of the best eps of the season. (well at least i seem to think so)
          sigpic

Comment

Most of the first half of S4 wasn't my cup of tea. It was a little too dark and disjointed for me and seemed very much like they were trying to do weird for weirdness sake. It didn't help that Aeryn is MIA for the first four episodes.

S4 picked up with the mid-season cliffhanger and I went from thinking I might stop watching (in the first half of S4) to totally enjoying the second half of the season. I loved the Earth arc and the last 4 episodes.

I say watch S4 before you watch the Peacekeepers miniseries. The miniseries picks up right where S4 leaves off and it won't make as much sense if you haven't seen S4. Even the S4 episodes I didn't like very much have some good scenes in them.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I found it to be disjointed as observed above, and dominated by 'shippiness to such an extent that it detracted from the other elements I loved about the show. Season 4 has less scifi, more space opera, and more angst than any other season. For John/Aeryn 'shippers, it is great. For everybody else?

Well, you need to watch it before seeing PKW, and there are redeeming episodes, but it does get to be a little much at times. Apparently the disjoing came from Skiffy directly interfering with the production team telling them that they wanted certain things to "broaden" the appeal which made matters very difficult to plan... and some of the actors (notably Wayne Pygram) who were used to knowing what their characters were planning had to play scenes cold (i.e. no foreshadowing hints in expressions as earlier seasons).

Comment

Season Four was, overall, good. I do prefer Three and Two far moreso, however, for reasons listed above. The first eleven episodes -- the first half of the season, that is -- were not quite my cup of tea either, in general, basically because of Skiffy's coming into the fray and telling them what to do. It did, as cited above, get better during the second half and I felt as though I was again watching the show I knew and loved.

Even the first half had redemption and I'll list my favorite three, briefly, of the fourth year:

4x11 [Unrealized Reality]

Mind-bending, wickedly funny, Einstein was great and the premise was beautiful. And it led to him getting to Earth soon thereafter. And what a cliffhangar!

4x20 [Hot to Katratzi]

Scripting was excellent, action was top-notch. Humor was abound and this is what Farscape was about -- epic and sweeping, character development gone hardcore during massive shoot-outs and well-written dialogue. And the line... "It's beer o'clock, where's my riot!?" Is a classic.

4x22 [Bad Timing]

Oh, and was it. Another piece of art and the cliffhangar at the end of the episode which led many to believe would be the final piece of Farscape ever had such an impact on so many people. Its melancholy atmosphere and subtle means by which to exact a large-scale situation was brilliant and it felt like a joy to watch. The scene between John and his father over the phone and the scene where... um, well, the last scene are both two of the best things to ever hit television. Plus it obviously leads into PKW.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                X