No announcement yet.

Message In a Bottle (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeee!! XD I loved this episode, because the part when Jack is struck by the alien entity it's just an intense moment for the whole team. And holy hanna!! When Sam went to talk to Jack and she held his hand...it was sooo sweet! <3
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

Why can Jack move his left arm? Shouldn't the fact that he can't move his shoulder blade mean he can't move his arm above the elbow?

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Why can Jack move his left arm? Shouldn't the fact that he can't move his shoulder blade mean he can't move his arm above the elbow?

Seaboe
        I just watch this episode yesterday and I didn't notice Jack moving his left arm. Could you point out where you saw it?

Comment

I've always really liked this episode. One thing I consider memorable is the lighting. That erie purple glow as the organism climbs the walls of the gateroom and infects Jack gives you a sense of danger, and the low lights create a somber tone.

I abosolutely love the scenes with Jack and Teal'c. You know from the start they identify with one another as warriors (who have sacrificed a lot and done many things they are not particularly proud of), but you see such care between them in these scenes. It's not a side either show very often and it was beautifully done.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I just watch this episode yesterday and I didn't notice Jack moving his left arm. Could you point out where you saw it?
            Right after it happens. He grabs the spear (for lack of a more accurate term) with both hands and his left elbow is well out from his side.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              Right after it happens. He grabs the spear (for lack of a more accurate term) with both hands and his left elbow is well out from his side.

Seaboe
              Oh yeah. I do remember that. I guess that was a lot of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                Squeee!! XD I loved this episode, because the part when Jack is struck by the alien entity it's just an intense moment for the whole team. And holy hanna!! When Sam went to talk to Jack and she held his hand...it was sooo sweet! <3
                haha you totally love this ep I can't argue with this ... 100% agree
                The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                sigpic

Comment

Great ep. I loved the interaction between Teal'c and Jack, not to mention the Lieutenant's crush on Sam. So sweet!
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved the opening: a moon surface instead of the usual sand pits or Canadian boreal forest, and the cave with the artifact was evocative as well.

However, the story as a whole was dull and not very believable for me. If the alien race was so alien, how could we ever expect to commuicate. Indeed how could a viral hive have recognizable sentience? If the race is just a huge viral swarm, why could it not survive on an airless moon? (I guess it needed biological life on which to feed and subsist.)

Comment

I love it!!! :-D
                      Jack: Ugh! My shoulder left is HOT. Oh crap!!
                      Sam: Jack O'Neill, you are ok? i love you. *hand hold jack's hand*
                      Teal'C: I will fire shot hits the Spike ball with virus. *blaze shots*
                      Jack: *scream pain*
                      Daniel: That Happened is the Spike Ball had Computer is self?!
                      Sam: *worrying at Jack* the virus from Animal cell.

the Spike ball with Virus....... Damn it.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

The most dangerous words in the universe:

"Jack/Colonel, can we take it home?"

Pretty, shiny little alien object on a pedestal...you just KNOW this is not going to end well!!!

booby? : )

Love the entire scene with Daniel/sam and Simmons. Love their reactions when Simmons says they're recording. They both look up at the same time, adorable! And Daniel's oops is just too cute. That scene really makes the two of them seem like siblings. I love moments like that, far too few...but makes me think of the whole situation in Arthur's Mantle where they are out of phase together. Its cute how Sam puts her hand on his shoulder later when he's feeling bad because he can't use the information, just before Jack walks in.

Ouch! I've seen it how many times, yet I'm still absolutely cringing when Jack gets skewered. Oh the total awesomeness of Teal'c! I love how he basically implicitly trusts Jack. They think the same way and he just does whatever he's told. This was a nice episode that highlighted Jack and Teal'c's friendship. Love teh joke part, Jack almost doesn't get it at first. Really nice interactions between them.

I like that this mishap really wasn't anyone's fault. Everyone wanted it to be worthwile, there was no real indication it was a problem, so there are no arguments and finger pointing going on.

Janet is amazing. Calm and collected in the face of "I have no idea!"

Oooh...it's trying to communicate with us!!! Daniel's favorite. As long as there is communication there is hope. no matter what/who it is...he'll try to talk to it.
                        I love how Daniel always has a gate address on the tip of his tongue. :
                        Great character study episode (of all the team really).
                        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

7.5/10

It was pretty good. My failed solution would have been to cut O'Neill out surgically, leaving no means of communication. It just seemed inhumane to leave him up there after it was clear that the orb wouldn't allow the pole holding him to be cut.
                          Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Jack and Teal'c, strong bond. Wild horses
                            Jack and Sam hand holding...

Anyway, great episode, enjoyed it a lot even though I watched it not too long ago.
                            It was weird seeing that SG1 was sent with suits to that planet, I would have thought that if MALP shows that the planet is with alien environment but has something interesting to offer, they would send some other team to do further research, while leaving SG1 for some other missions. But that's nothing, anyways.
                            And what is it with Sam and those one episode crushes?
                            sigpic

Comment

I find it difficult to enjoy this one as a whole, although it has some mini-moments scattered throughout which are great. The opening shot is wonderful and so different from anything we've seen before, and Jack being skewered is really well done and looks so painful. Even worse is the moment when Siler has just about finished cutting and the red-hot jagged metal slides right into Jack! Nasty stuff.

But this episode is so melodromatic! "In 3 hours the entire Earth will be consumed!", "God help us!", "Sir, I'm asking you to trust me!", "We won't give in without a fight!", "You're damn right we won't!". It's like a 12 year old wrote the dialogue, and then we get the most cringeworthy unnecessary over-the-top moment of all - stopping the self-destruct with 1 second remaining. Please.

As I said, though, the little moments scattered throughout save it. Teal'c and Jack together is touching and very nicely done, and I enjoy Daniel and Sam working together ("Oops. Hey, the artifact!"). Plus, it's always nice to encounter a genuinely alien alien. The whole sequence when the orb wakes up to moment it skewers Jack is masterfully shot and edited, and the sound effects and music are great.

RATING: 5 out of 10
                              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

My opinion of this episode hasn't changed. I still like it a lot. I think there's great action and suspense. The team all work flat out to save Jack. The aliens are interesting and the solution is innovative and took a total team effort.

Plus Sam's little protege Lt. Simmons is sweet. I wouldn't have minded seeing him more.

Comment

Working...
                                X