No announcement yet.

Message In a Bottle (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised i never commented on this till now.. IMO Message in a bottle was a decently ran ep, good comedy from tea'lc, and some drama.. The only gripe, was why did they bring it back, rather than study it where it was?

Comment

IMO it was more convenient to study it at Stargate Command because they had to wear protective suits on the planet - well, as far as I remember. They didn't think that artefact was a threat.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

I agree with Anja, they brought it back because it was too awkward (for them) to study it in an airless environment.

I also think this episode is the one that led to all the tests they ran on the thing from season 6 that made people see the weird inter-dimensional creatures before they brought that back.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

So, still no MALP in the wide shot -- but as soon as they pick up the orb and walk away with it, there it is, ready to receive and transport the orb to the gate.

Teal's immortal line: "Undomesticated equines could not remove me!", and of course, let's not forget, "Booby?"

The story of the episode, I liked -- kinda. It's a self-contained episode and everybody wants to live in the end. It's about preservation of a species and what one would do when faced with the planet that can no longer sustain its population because of something they've done (they did say they would consume Earth when they got the chance) or because it's simply depleted of resources or because there was a cataclysmic event.

There's also the small snag that they clearly have not learned the lesson that unknown technology isn't always as innocent as it might look. Never assume anything. I hope they have learned their lesson to be careful next time.

Another goof I noticed this time around. When Jack is pinned to the wall in the beginning, there are already lines drawn on the wall where the organism will line it later when the blacklights are on. Either the episode was shot out of order and someone forgot to erase the lines, or they were there to map the scene and still someone forgot to erase them in post-production. Nevertheless, they are there and they are the exact path the ultraviolet goo will follow later on.

How would you rate SG-1's "Message In a Bottle?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

The 3-episode quiz -- THIS WAY!

Message In A Bottle jigsaw puzzle
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 January 2018, 05:20 AM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

After spending 20 minutes this morning trying to get my computer to recognize my smart badge, I decided to post that there is no way on Go*'s green earth that those computers would've rebooted fast enough to save the planet. That bit has always been totally unbelievable to me.

You'd think I'd find the itty-bitty aliens harder to accept, but nope, it's the computers. .

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm always amazed how fast those early days computers rebooted.

You're right. There's simply no way they can be that fast.

Comment

Another meh episode. It just feels like one of those alien pathogen episodes with the twist that that it's really more of an alien organism. More than anything I'm bored with this episode as we have done this before. Although it does have the domesticated equines joke. I'll give it a fair although I have it as a toss up between fair and poor.

9 minutes 7 seconds and 12/15
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

There's a few of these "We brought an alien thing and it spreads" episodes. I really don't have many memorable things about this episode, so what the jell-o said.

13 Minutes. The rectangular shape of the image is different, it threw me off....>.>
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

9 minutes 53 seconds

Comment

So close and yet so far from the master
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll get there... sometimes close, sometimes ridiculously far away.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

The opening scene -truly 'alien'
                          The entity in the orb -also very 'alien'
                          RDA's acting -it was easy to believe the pain he was displaying.
                          The effects with the lighting and the purple glowing trails up the walls.
                          One of the best lines in SG-1: "Undomesticated equines could not remove me"
                          The cute moment when Daniel tells Sam about Simmons having a crush on her.
                          Sam holding Jack's hand and asking him to trust her -even while leveling with him that he might not survive.

The one second to spare on the self destruct I could have done without -Jack hates cliches after all...

I think this is good episode for the above reasons, and I also agree with the last minute save of the self destruct. It has been done sooooo many times!

12/15-- I never remember planet destination codes

9:57

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                            12/15-- I never remember planet destination codes
                            You and Jel have that in common.

Sidenote: I usually have to pause the video play to write it down or I'll forget myself.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

8:19 on the puzzle

Unfortunately I did the quiz as I started this episode so I missed most of them on this episode lol - 7/15.

This wasn't a bad episode, but not one I'm prone to rewatch much. They really waited until the last second to turn off that auto destruct sequence lol. It would have been an interesting technology to revisit later in the series since they let it take over a planet where it could thrive. There wasn't a lot of back story on this one.
                                sigpic
                                signature art by lunasera

Comment

Working...
                                X